DS Viva Piñata DS (Rare)

I_Eat_All

Plasma Beam!
Formalmente anunciado na Comic-con:

Who wants Viva Pinata on the DS? Microsoft do. Announced at Comic Con yesterday, Viva Pinata DS will see the original game concept (ie not the party game) ported over to the DS, with the main changes a new top-down perspective and what I'd guess is an improved control scheme. The news is hardly surprising, what with Shane Kim's excessive hint-dropping a few months back, but hey. Best of luck to everyone involved. Viva Pinata was a good idea let down by the fact its target audience don't own 360s. They do own a DS, so maybe third time's a charm.
Fonte: http://kotaku.com/gaming/comic-con-07/viva-pinata-ds-announced-283699.php

vpds.jpg

Tópico(s) relacionado(s):

[X360] Viva Pinata

Tenho o jogo para a X360 e está bastante bem conseguido. É daqueles jogos que à primeira vista não tem muito conteudo, mas que vicia como o caraças.

O que é mais dificil é decidir jogá-lo. Depois de começar é sempre "só mais uma pinata" :D

Imagem:

pinata_ds1.jpg

Update do website:

Yes, as announced by our boys at the San Diego Comic-Con yesterday, Viva Piñata on DS is a reality. That’s three VP announcements in as many weeks. Told you there was a resurgence happening.

As this one’s being developed in-house we’ll have a full section in the Games area when enough details and assets are available, but for now, here’s the first official screenshot and a rundown of what you can expect…

This is a full-size Viva Piñata game in your pocket, featuring not only the entire range of paper beasts from the Xbox 360 title but also a few new ones thrown in to spice things up for those familiar with the established cast.

You’ll also be given free rein with an expanded selection of tools and tool actions, upgraded forms of the Journal and Encyclopedia, and brand new game modes such as Sandbox (for full and easy access to your favourite Piñatas) and Episodes (tying in more closely to the TV series and allowing fans of the show to spend quality time with familiar faces).

But one of the biggest changes is obviously the control method, with stylus input transforming the way in which you interact with your menagerie. Design, nurture, instruct, protect and care for your garden and animals through direct touch. The DS WiFi service also lets you send prime Piñata specimens to your friends, making the act of parading your Doenut around in a humiliating pirate outfit easier than ever.

And there you have it. More details as and when they arrive. When it comes to writing up the main game section we’ll probably recycle most of the text above, so I hope you enjoyed it. Viva Piñata on DS - roaming your way soon!
Fonte: http://rareware.com/

Os gráficos são muito "passé" Aquele renderizado pseudo-3D já não se usa e, em verdade,
resulta muito mal.

Passo interessante da Microsoft... Por esta não esperava eu.

Video da Comic-con: (em que o jogo foi revelado)

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEVDcDJErJs

EDIT:

Cook commented of the work by his handheld division co-workers on Viva Pinata DS: "It's all stylus-controlled, it works really, really well. They've modified the menu control so that it uses the stylus really neatly. And it actually works - dig in the garden and plant a seed."

Thomas added: "You get a lot more accuracy. Recently I've been playing Civilization and Sim City, and I think Viva Pinata fits into the same mold, like god-type games, which work well with the flexibility and sensitivity that the stylus and touch screen offer."

Cook continued: "They've done a good job of getting most if the important parts out of this big game, and getting it onto the DS, and I think it stands up really well."

When Gamasutra mused that it would be interesting to see if the DS version outsells the (somewhat market mismatched) Xbox 360 version, Thomas, who developed the original, quipped: "Yeah, I think we've all come to terms with that. We'll be sobbing ourselves to sleep saying 'At least we set up a solid franchise!'"

Cook added: "But we always wanted them to do the best job they could, and they have. When I played it, I secretly wanted to be on that team for a while, but they obviously didn't need us at all."

Finally, Thomas noted: "They only had about five or six months with it as well. They've used a lot of our assets, and obviously a lot of the main design was in there, but thumbs up to them, they've really turned it around quickly."
Fonte: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14903

Última edição:
“The studio [Rare] has a history in making handheld games, and titles for Nintendo platforms. When we acquired the studio that expertise was there and the team was there. As Microsoft we had a discussion – do we want to build that expertise? We decided yes. Not so much because we need to support Nintendo – their platform will do fine without us – but because it is important for us to build that experience as a publisher and game developer and understand what it means to build lightweight, maybe shorter session experiences, and maintain that design innovation.” - MS Game Studios’ Phil Spencer
Fonte: http://www.developmag.com/news/28788/Spencer-DS-development-can-aid-our-design-skills

Back