DS Winds of Nostalgia (Tecmo)

E... Finalmente anunciado para a América! :D

Winds of Nostalgia Lifts Off For North America

We always have our eyes on Ignition Entertainment. Why? Out of left field they release games like Boing: Docomodake that don’t seem like they have any chance of coming over. Today, they picked up Winds of Nostalgia, you know that airship RPG for the Nintendo DS.

Winds of Nostalgia plays like a classic RPG with 3D graphics. Set in an alternate version of 19th century Earth, players visit locations like Cairo, London, and New York. However, in the game these locales have airships and random encounters. Winds of Nostalgia has two kinds of combat: ground fights with monsters and airship battles where you skewer other airships with a giant sword.

Red Entertainment, Matrix Software (the studio known for the Final Fantasy DS remakes), and Tecmo teamed up to publish Winds of Nostalgia in Japan last year. A domestic release is scheduled for September 2009.
Fonte: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/04/28/winds-of-nostalgia-lifts-off-for-north-america/

Quem o vai trazer é a Ignition Entertainment, que foi noticia a semana passada por estar a trazer o Muramasa; parece que os tipos querem criar nome ao lado da XSEED e Atlus e... nada melhor do que o fazerem com jogos :D

Setembro 2009 (e a DS é region free), especialmente recomendado a todos os fãs de Skies of Arcadia :D

EDIT: Preview Nintendo Power:

Bem, impressive :wow: Gostei muito do trailer! Todo o jogo tem bom aspecto... quer as animações, mas in-game. Não tinha ideia deste jogo assim, não sei porquê...

On the Horizon: Nostalgia DS

With so many RPGs on the radar as of late, it's easy to forget about the little titles that haven't got quite as much coverage. Nostalgia DS -- aka Nostalgeo no Kaze; "The Winds of Nostalgio" -- is one of those whispered about RPGs that's had a hard time building up buzz since its first announcement over a year ago. But why? As an original game created by all-star developer Matrix (the folks behind the FF DS Remakes) with a unique aerial steampunk premise, Nostalgia DS is certainly worthy of a few minutes of your time.

One of the most alluring things about Nostalgia DS is the way it uses realistic locales in its story to invoke a sense of, well, nostalgia in the player. As a steampunk take on the turn of the century (that's the the 20th century), your party travels between industrial London, Indiana Jones-inspired Cairo, and even the Amazon in search of fame and adventure. All that traveling would be an arduous undertaking if it weren't for the prevalence of airships, but you've probably picked up that part already, haven't you?

Nostalgia follows the aspiring London adventurer Eddie as he travels the world with teammates Fiona, Melody, and Pad looking for excitement. Each of the four party members fill a specific party role (Eddie as damage dealer/knght; Pad a nimble thief) but the real key to creating solid characters lies in the branching Skill Points system that unlocks latent skills and abilities. At the end of each random battle or mission doled out by the ubiquitous Adventurers Association, your skills are graded and scored, although it's not quite clear if that leads to more Skill Points or not.

Nostalgia has two distinct modes of contact: airship and party. Party combat takes place on the ground, and is your typical old school, turn-based JRPG fare with the addition of an Order Table -- a manipulable list of who's up next. Airship battles sound a bit more interesting, with tactical combat that requires you to properly position your ship for attacks, and use all aspects of your ship to take down opponents. It's a little bit Skies of Arcadia (but not quite Infinite Space) with a lot more airship added into the equation, but I'm curious to see how well the two elements balance themselves out.

Since Nostalgia should be hitting stores next month, we'll hopefully have answers to any outstanding questions in just a few days. As a much-needed original IP built from the ground up by the guys that proved 3D RPGs could be done on the DS, I can't help but root for the little guy. If you've always wanted to explore the turn of the century in an airship, Nostalgia should make your wildest dreams come true October 20th.

1up

Pre-orders:

-> Play-Asia (~28€ sem portes)
-> VideoGamePlus (28.5€ sem portes)

Porque ninguém comentou isto? Só agora tive oportunidade de ver o trailer e... brutal!!! :wow: Bem melhor que o anterior.

E repetindo o que disse, se o anterior me despertou a atenção, este só a aumenta e solidifica. Espectáculo mesmo!!!

Epá antes de tudo quero agradecer ao I_Eat_All por me ter mostrado este jogo na thread do PSP Vita, sei que a partida não tem nada a ver mas lá falei do Skies of Arcadia (sou grande fã) e ele mencionou este jogo segui o link e tal e uau hehehe fiquei mais feliz.
Bem mais um jogo para emagrecer a minha carteira ora pois bem.

Já nem me lembrava deste jogo! Lembro me a uns valentes meses de ter visto o tópico mas nunca mais me recordei! Sem duvida parece me um excelente jogo!

Back