Wii New Super Mario Bros. Wii

O Demo play da nintendo foi apresentado esta semana pela primeira vez aqui fica como funciona

The mysteries about Nintendo's experimental helper-mode (aka the "kind code") are no more, as today Kotaku was finally able to see the innovative feature in action in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The assistance mode will be introduced in Nintendo's marquee November title for the Wii and is officially called the Super Guide. Using it, players who struggle with the classic side-scrolling action in New Super Mario Bros. Wii will be able to let the Wii run through a level on its own, automatically playing through the content without the gamer's input. Players will have the option to re-assume control at any time.
Nintendo's attempt to introduce a special helper mode in Wii games was first reported by Kotaku in January when it came to be known, informally on this site, as the "kind code." In June, Nintendo's development director, Shigeru Miyamoto, confirmed the mode's inclusion in New Super Mario Bros., though the company seemed conflicted at the time about spilling the beans.
Any hesitation about revealing the mode ended this morning when, in a hotel demo suite in New York, Kotaku was shown how the Super Guide works. Nintendo is using this new help option to offer an unprecedented amount of in-game assistance, but it will only be available to players using the game's single-player mode who have failed at a level eight times. Nintendo's intent is to offer Super Guide as a helper for its less skilled customers and to allow its designers to make some of the game's levels devilishly difficult.

New Super Mario Bros. gives a starting player of the game five lives. So, to activate the Super Guide option this morning, a Nintendo representative had to sacrifice her Mario character five times, then use a Continue option to replenish her lives before losing the rest needed to enable the help. Once she did that, a floating green box appeared at the start of the level she had repeatedly failed at. Hitting it with Mario — the only available playable character in single-player — will restart the level in Super Guide mode. Mario is replaced with a computer-controlled Luigi, who then proceeds through the level on his own.
The recorded Luigi playthroughs are run in-engine, not as pre-recorded video. They are, essentially, the equivalent of "ghost modes" commonly available in racing games, though the player can only watch Luigi do his thing, not play alongside him with Mario.
The Nintendo rep showed Kotaku two Luigi super-guide runs. She explained that these would be simple zips through the game's levels and would not reveal shortcuts and secrets. The runs were definitely not the perfect playthroughs that a gamer might find if they searched YouTube for an expertly played Mario Bros. speed run. A more faulty human hand was evident. In fact, in this pre-release version of the game, the first Luigi run that I was shown ended prematurely when Super Guide Luigi died halfway through the level.(:P:p) That's not supposed to happen in the final build, Kotaku was told. In the second Luigi run, the Mario brother got through the level on his own without any trouble.

What separates Super Guide from traditional video-based playthroughs of game levels is that the player can assume control during the Luigi run. At any moment, the player can press a button and cancel the computer control of Luigi. An indicator showing that that game is in Super Guide mode stays on screen, and the player assumes control of Luigi, rather than switching to Mario. But the breakthrough in the feature is that the player is not starting the level from the beginning. They are taking control in the midst of the Super Guide run. Thanks to this, players who repeatedly struggle with a tough part of a level in New Super Mario Bros. Wii will be able to let Super Guide Luigi get past that tough part for them. Even though a player takes over as Luigi using this help system, the completion of the level counts and they can play deeper into the game.
The levels of New Super Mario Bros. Wii I saw today seemed harder than those of the last side-scrolling Mario platformer,(:x2:) New Super Mario Bros. on the DS. Super Guide does appear to have given Nintendo license to make the new game tougher and may provide the relief some players need to get to the end of the latest Mario world-hopping adventure.

Última edição:
Também não consigo perceber o escândalo todo gerado a volta disso, quem quer usa quem não quer não usa. No meu caso não vou usar mas para a minha mãe que adora Super Mario é uma mais valia pois não iria conseguir passar certas partes.

Preview do Kotaku:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii Preview: All The Modes, All The Chaos

Today Nintendo showed how the game really works, And we have also learned how not to ride a roller-coaster into lava.

Finally, a month before it comes out, the biggest game of the Wii for the fall makes sense and we know its component parts:

New Super Mario Bros. has a campaign and a pair of multiplayer challenges. The campaign is spread across eight worlds, each laid out as a landscape of levels networked by forking paths. As with New Super Mario Bros. on the DS, the world maps include mushroom huts that offer bonuses. A mid-map fortress and a world-ending castle stand in the way of players on each world.

The plot is as simple as ever. Bowser has claimed Peach. Mario needs to rescue her. Solo players can run through the game's side-scrolling levels as Mario. Up to three other players can join locally — no online support here — before entering a level. Players two through three will control Luigi, a Blue Toad and a Yellow Toad.

I played a few levels with four representatives from Nintendo. While it's hard to recount the flow of a full level, I can list some attractions:

-A desert level had an elevator wide enough to let four players stand in it. But the ride was made dangerous by the attack of eight or 10 Koopa turtles. We barely survived the ride to the top of the screen as they crept in from both sides.

-A level that let us all ride Yoshis showed that we could both use Yoshis to eat and spit out other players but also eat the hammers thrown by Hammer Bros. and shoot them back.

-An underwater cave level put four of us on a raft. The raft floated from left to right on a flow of some toxic purple liquid. Numbers appeared on the raft apparently indicating how much weight was on it. If too many of us — and too many enemies — got on it at the same time, we'd sink.

-An eighth-world lava level put the four of us on a roller-coaster seemingly made of bones. Hard as it was to ride the roller-coaster and still avoid enemies and jets of flame, not one of us was prepared for the roller-coaster to plunge into the lava. I guess we should have jumped. Or used Super Guide.

The game is played with the Wii Remote held sideways, as if it is a Nintendo Entertainment System controller. As we've noted in previews before, the main control innovation that is added to the classic Mario running, jumping and fireball-throwing is the ability to pick up and throw friends and bombs with a press of the 1 button and a shake of the Wii remote. You can use the throw both to help your fellow players out, or, as was often the case during my session today with Nintendo's folks, to mess with them. That was my Blue Toad their Mario tossed into a spinning propellor of fire. Thanks.

Playing a Mario side-scroller with other gamers presents a mixture of benefits and calamity. Each player starts with five lives, but the level will be terminated if all four players have been defeated at the same time. If at least one is alive, though, the game can go on. The player-characters who have fallen into a bottomless pit or been temporarily killed by a Goomba will reappear floating in bubbles, wailing for help through the Wii Remote speaker. Shaking the remote or having the bubble popped by another player returns that player's character to the action. Bear in mind that other players might be the ones who threw you into the bottomless pits in the first place.

The tossing of fireballs and iceballs — earned via classic-syle power-ups — don't hurt other players. In one level, I found a barrel that did. Of course I picked it up and hurled it at my "friends" from Nintendo.

Bosses in the campaign include the cast of Koopalings from earlier Mario games. Bowser and Bowser Jr. are nemeses as well. In the one fortress level that we played, the first Koopaling was not any tougher due to four of us fighting him. In fact, even though the platform on which we fought him was crowded with our quartet, he took his beating more quickly. The game does not appear to adjust for the presence of multiple players, perhaps because the added players make the game harder in some spots, easier in others.

Levels appeared to be filled with hidden passageways that lead to extra coins. In the 20 minutes or so that we played the game I also saw numbered red coins and invisible coins that appear when you jump through their floating outlines (and that can be collected if you jump through them again).

A Nintendo rep told me that the game's campaign will include the added twist of special Toad-rescuing missions. In these quests, players will have to return to cleared levels to find a kidnapped Toad and then carry him out of the level. Enemies will also patrol the game's overworld, prompting extra challenges.

The game's other half is its collection of multiplayer challenge stages. It appears that most of the stages available for this are taken from the game's campaign, but there also seem to be some levels tailored made for this method of playing. The mode offers two ways to play: Free For All and Coin Battle. In Free For All, players can proceed through a level together, working with or against each other in pursuit of a new high score. Coin Battle was more exciting, challenging players to see who could collect the most coins in a stage.

In one Coin Battle stage, set in a Mario-style ghost house, I learned the magic of using ghosts to take out other players. In single-player Mario games, turning your back on a ghost caused the ghost to creep up behind you and kill you. In multiplayer Mario, it's a good way to get the ghost to fly right into the Luigi standing between you and the ghost, killing Luigi (temporarily!)

Another Coin Battle stage that we tried was based on the original single-screen Mario Bros. game, though it transported us to a second board that was more of a Super Mario Bros. underground blue-brick sewer level.

The levels we played of the game were, universally, challenging. I didn't play any of them — Campaign or Coin Battle — by myself. I wonder if that would have made any of them easier. With four players, collision and death is constant, though seldom frustrating because the basic mechanics and physics of Mario side-scrollers continue to be fun. During an earlier demo of the game I found that a pause triggered when any player-character died was distracting. That pause is gone. The gameplay was smooth and fun, full of moments of cooperation and competition that typified the best levels of the only game to compare to this recently, Little Big Planet.

The game looks polished if still as simple as you'd expect a side-scrolling Mario game to look. Characters animated in 3D and, most impressively, the TV screen was often full of characters. I've never seen dozens of Cheep-Cheeps swimming toward Mario all at once.

New Super Mario Bros. is set for release on the Wii on November 15.
Fonte: http://kotaku.com/5374669/new-super-mario-bros-wii-preview-all-the-modes-all-the-chaos

Mas porque é que ninguém mete vídeos????

:arrow: PAX Trailer

Mal posso esperar por isto... :drooling: Os gáraficos estão, fabulosos. Alguns backgrounds... :drooling:

E parece, em certas alturas, frenético :D

Mario 2D em home console... thanks, Nintendo :)

Faz toda a diferença. Adoro o Klonoa, já o Super Paper Mario, meh (ok, já podem bater-me :p)!

Isto vai soar algo repetitivo mas tenho muita pena que este jogo não tenha online. :( Este modo multiplayer promete, mas raramente terei a casa cheia para poder gozar o seu esplendor. E mesmo quando tiver, terei sempre a vantagem de ser um jogador experiente contra novatos. :rolleyes:

O modo Coin Battle deve ser qualquer coisa de frenético! :p

Última edição:
Mesenga, experimentaste mais algum Paper Mario para além desse? É o que mais foge à mecânica com que o jogo surgiu (RPG por turnos em 2.5D), mas apesar disso não se afastou muito em conteúdo, a história é sempre hilariante.

Holy carp:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii Is As Hard As Contra

You see screenshots of "New Super Mario Bros." on the Wii and you scoff. You've played dozens of Mario games in the past. You've rocked the whole "All-Stars" collection, you mastered the Japanese "Super Mario Bros. 2," you think you can handle just about everything. Well "New Super Mario Bros." on the Wii is going to teach you a lesson in humility. It's really hard.

At a demo in New York City this week, Nintendo was showing off some of the new levels from the game. The first they dropped me in was level 8-7 and very near the end of the game. And it showed. You remember those ghost house levels from "Super Mario World" where you had to stay on the moving platform and it slowly chugged past ghosts and other obstacles? Ok, imagine that, but turn the platform into a slavering bone dragon and speed it up by about 3 times. Oh, and throw on three other homicidal friends who would rather jump on your head than let you make a perfectly timed jump. I went in expecting instant success, I left with zero lives and a lower sense of self worth.

Apart from the multiplayer, the difficulty seems to be the most striking thing about "New Super Mario Bros." on the Wii. Completing some of the later levels on your first try is nearly impossible, and you'll probably end up blowing a large cache of lives on a single tricky jump.

And that's where the "Super Guide" comes in. Again, go ahead and scoff. I did. But with such a ramped up difficulty, it makes a lot of sense to let the computer handle the tricky bits for folks. After all, nothing makes you put down a game faster than dying 10 times on the same section. It seems like Nintendo has found a way around that issue.

It's because of the Super Guide that the developers were able to crank up the difficulty, knowing that they no longer needed to make the game for the lowest-skilled player. So you're left with what's arguably the most hardcore Mario game you've ever played. Starting to scoff a little less now, aren't you?

The game's set to drop in the middle of November (a mere week away from another super hardcore title: "Modern Warfare 2), but as far as same-system multiplayer experiences go this holiday season, "New Super Mario Bros." on the Wii is the most promising I've seen.
Fonte: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/10/07/new-super-mario-bros-wii-is-as-hard-as-contra/

Hahaha... um regresso ao old school :D Espero que isso realmente se verifique!!! Abençoada feature que a Nintendo criou, permitindo-lhes fazer isto sem descurar novos users... :)

A minha pergunta agora é: será que vão alargar o conceito ao Galaxy 2 e incluir também o Super Guide?

Super Mario Galaxy, já tinha algumas partes difíceis, como é o caso das galáxias das estrelas verdes. Posso-me dar por contente tenho esse game todo limpo -> Mário / Luigi.

Era bom aumentarem a dificuldade dos jogos....especialmente no Zelda (Ex: Twilight Princess)...tantos corações não sei para o que!.

Cumprs,

A minha pergunta agora é: será que vão alargar o conceito ao Galaxy 2 e incluir também o Super Guide?

Não sei. Mas por mim, força nisso! Quando até jogos como o Bayonetta incluem features do género (ok... neste caso tens de carregar num botão para que ela faça as coisas :p ), pode-se ver que é realmente algo que, por um lado, não chateia quem queira desafio, e por outro, permite a não frustração de quem não esteja para isso.

Confirmado está que será consideravelmente mais difícil que o Galaxy 1, para o bem e para o mal (digo isto porque não tenho qualquer queixa relativamente ao nível de dificuldade no Galaxy 1... diverti-me tanto durante todo o jogo que praticamente nem raparei se estava a ser difícil ou fácil - uma experiência praticamente inigualável).

Back