NGC The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

A Nintendo Europa disse isto há 2 meses:

About Zelda Twilight Princess
They don’t know if it will be in two SKU in Europe, or just one with both the GCN and the Wii versions. They’re studying right now the cost for the final user and the viability of these options in our continent to make the right choice.
Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=3394

Razões para uma decisão destas é que o cubo teve um ano de baixas vendas que dão a consola como um cavalo morto, isto leva à não viabilidade financeira da coisa, portanto têm 2 opções... Ou têm um system seller a ser um flop num sistema last gen, ou fazem uma versão muito limitada, por encomenda no site deles e evitam que os jogos fiquem na loja a apanhar pó. (Nintendo Japonesa faz isso com acessórios como rumble pack e play yan da DS), ou então escolhem o território onde o cubo ainda vende decentemente, a america; como território viável e lançam o jogo lá, e quem quiser importa.

A opção tomada é bastante valida agora... a versão wii dos americanos não tem sequer opção para usar o comando da gamecube, nós e os japoneses vamos ter as duas pelo preço de uma... para o consumidor final é um bonus, é melhor para o publico comum, e elimina a confusão da existencia de duas versões.

Mas a verificar-se possivelmente vou importar a versão americana da GC.

A versão Gamecube sobrevive só devido a uma promessa da N em como o proximo Zelda sairia no cubo.
È bom ver que a N honra as suas promessas mas creio que seriam poucos os que levariam a mal se de facto a versão cubo fosse cancelada.

Quando é preciso quebrar uma promessa para o bem de todos eles não perdem tempo. O seguinte Smash também era suposto saír ao lançamento da Wii, mas ja foi adiado, para que possa vir a ser melhor.

Eu não sei é se este adiantamenteo/cancelamento ao fim ao cabo foi alguma estratégia deles ou não.

Reaffirmation of Cube Twilight Princess in Europe

A portion of a Jeux Video interview with Director of Marketing for Nintendo of France, Mathieu Minel…

JV: What about the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess?

MM: Regarding the GameCube version, it won’t release at the same time. You’ll have to wait since it is now expected for mid-december.

Nice to hear that the title is still on the way, and with a situation much like the US version. That IGN story we ran concerning the Euro version had me worried for our readers across the pond! Just curious, how many Euro readers plan on buying a Wii, but wanted the Cube version of TP?
Fonte: http://gonintendo.com/?p=5746

Versão gamecube reafirmada.

Boxart oficial para a america:
ztpboxde9.jpg

Matt_C disse:
Some people really need to get out more. A quick glance over some of the message boards reveals a handful of devoted self-proclaimed "purists" who refuse to 1) accept the fact that Nintendo has changed seasoned Zelda hero Link from a lefty to a righty and 2) reversed the placement of the game world in the Wii version of the game.

Link will remain left-handed and the world will remain in its "normal" position in the GameCube build.

I've been a diehard Zelda fan ever since the first game came out and I can honestly tell you, I couldn't give a rat's ass. Really. And just to make sure I haven't gone mad, I asked Zelda nut Peer Schneider -- a frothing fan of the franchise -- how he felt about these changes; like me, he doesn't much care.

screens-20060921033930379-000.jpg

Observe the picture above. This is what you should care about. Because it's awesome. And you should care about the following image, too, for the very same reason.

screens-20060921033934629-000.jpg

What shouldn't you care about? Well, how about whether or not the doorways in the game world slide left or right? (Unless you're writing both the GCN and Wii strategy guides for the game, in which case, good luck.)

screens-20060921033932582-000.jpg

The game isn't out yet. You haven't even experienced it. You have no context. So try not to worry about trivial modifications.

The Control

Now on the other hand, I can identify with people who are frightened that Nintendo's new Wii-mote specific controls may muck up a proven control configuration.

screens-20060921033935832-000.jpg

When I fight this guy, I don't want to find myself also wrestling with the new control scheme. So what can I tell you about the new sword swiping functionality? It works. Indeed, it seems to work just fine. I think people are holding Zelda Wii to a higher standard because your expectations really do change when you pick up the Wii-mote. Zelda has never featured one-to-one sword fighting control. But when you have the Wii-mote in your hand and Link's sword doesn't mimic every subtle gesture you make, you suddenly notice it. You can still do everything you could with the sword in older games, mind you -- and in some ways it even feels better, but obviously people have fixated on what's still not possible.

Also, you need to do a little internal re-wiring to get used to it. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time with Twilight Princess at Nintendo's New York City event to walk away convinced that the Wii-mote additions will move the control scheme forward. But neither did I walk away convinced that the game was broken. I just needed and wanted more time with everything.

To answer a question that keeps popping up, you cannot choose to use to use buttons instead of Wii-mote gestures. You either use the remote or you buy the GameCube version. At least, that's how the E3 demo was and Nintendo has not given me any indication this will change.

But be aware, people who have been playing Twilight Princess longer than any of us call the tried-and-true button-based sword swiping function of old games "clunky" compared to using gestures with the Wii-mote. These aren't dumb people. They are proven gamers with realistic expectations. These same people herald Twilight Princess the greatest Zelda game ever made.

Frankly, I want to believe them.

If you're a hater, stop being so pessimistic and try to have a little faith. Twilight Princess is going to be an epic, beautiful Zelda outing with more dungeons, puzzles, and action than ever before. The new control scheme may not yet be proven, but as I stated, people who've had a lot of time with the game swear by it. And I have a hard time believing that Nintendo would sacrifice the game's quality with a gimmicky method.

In short, believe.
Fonte: http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2006/09/21/31522/

Eu acho que este Zelda é bem capaz de vir a ser o jogo mais vendido de sempre em qualquer plataforma. No launch day não vai ter concorrência à altura. Todos que comprarem a wii compram o Zelda , só depois pensam noutros.

Este jogo é completamente brutal, esta mmaravilhoso. Nunca esperei tanto ter um jogo como este Zelda. Sou bem capaz de comprar as duas versões pois a jogabilidade em ambas é diferente!

Boas! Ora bem, no jogo Zelda:Ocarina of time, alguem me poderia enumerar as golden spider que existem no Market!?:)
É que falta-me 1 para desbloquear o feitiço do último "Spider-man":lol: que se encontra na Vila...
Quanto ao Zelda: Twilight Princess, não vou perder a oportunidade de jogá-lo na Wii, mas ainda não me encontro muito receptivo quanto à sua forma de jogar com o wiimote e o numchek (julgo que é assim que se escreve). Provavelmente irei jogá-lo com o controller classic.
Cumprimentos!

Boas! Ora bem, no jogo Zelda:Ocarina of time, alguem me poderia enumerar as golden spider que existem no Market!?:)
É que falta-me 1 para desbloquear o feitiço do último "Spider-man":lol: que se encontra na Vila...
Quanto ao Zelda: Twilight Princess, não vou perder a oportunidade de jogá-lo na Wii, mas ainda não me encontro muito receptivo quanto à sua forma de jogar com o wiimote e o numchek (julgo que é assim que se escreve). Provavelmente irei jogá-lo com o controller classic.
Cumprimentos!

-> http://*****.com/z9nar

Ctrl+F e escreve "skulltula" depois deve ser só procurar :)

Vais ter duas versões do TP, a não ser que a NoE se decida por uma unica SKU com as duas versões numa.

Ou seja... para usares comando classico: versão Gamecube
para usares wiimote+nunchuck: versão Wii

-> http://*****.com/z9nar

Ctrl+F e escreve "skulltula" depois deve ser só procurar :)

Vais ter duas versões do TP, a não ser que a NoE se decida por uma unica SKU com as duas versões numa.

Ou seja... para usares comando classico: versão Gamecube
para usares wiimote+nunchuck: versão Wii

Tipo eu estou a jogar o Ocarina na N64..:-D ..e só me falta mesmo isso para completar totalmente o jogo!!:)

Eu acho que li em algum lado que o Zelda TP para a Wii vai estar adptado às duas opções de controllers...podendo se escolher a opção de jogar com o wiimote ou com o controller classic!!Não tenho certeza...mas julgo que existe um controller classic para a Wii!?
Fiquem Bem!!

Tipo eu estou a jogar o Ocarina na N64..:-D ..e só me falta mesmo isso para completar totalmente o jogo!!:)

Eu acho que li em algum lado que o Zelda TP para a Wii vai estar adptado às duas opções de controllers...podendo se escolher a opção de jogar com o wiimote ou com o controller classic!!Não tenho certeza...mas julgo que existe um controller classic para a Wii!?
Fiquem Bem!!
Sim, mas a versão Wii só é comandável com o wiimote, e a versão GC é que é controlada com o comando GC e/ou comando classico.

Isto na america, detalhes podem variar de zona para zona. (mas eu não contava muito nisso).

Tradução do artigo:

>> Twilight Princess promises 70 hours of gaming fun! <<

At E3 The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess was first presented in playable form. Which influence did the feedback from gamers have on further development?
Like you have noticed when you played, we reworked the controls after E3. The reason was that a lot of [E3] visitors wanted a control method that better suited the Wii controller. We got suggestions to swing Link's sword with the wiimote - before you had to press the B button. Through this change the player can identify with Link better. You'll have surely noticed that you hold the wiimote in your right hand, and imitate Link's swordmoves. That's why Link in the Wii-version of Twilight Princess - contrary to previous episodes - is right handed.

Can we look forward to seeing the obligatory fire- and watertemple? Which new dungeons will there be?
Our goal was of coarse to have as much temples in Twilight Princess as possible. As for how many I can say that we plan to have as much as there were in Ocarina of Time (red: the game had 9 temples). Regardless, I think that the gamer will notice a lot of similarities with Ocarina of Time and other Zelda games, when he visits a temple in Twilight Princess. But there will also be dungeons that will distinguish themselves from the ones that were in the previous games. Every Zelda fan who's played Ocarina of Time and all the other parts can expect a whole new experience in Twilight Princess!

Can you tell us about the gametime, including all sidequests?
I can't say with 100% certainty, but Twilight Princess promises about 70 hours of gametime.

Are there plans to support WiiConnect24 in some way?
Like you know, The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess was originally made for the GameCube. We had, because of the conversion, not enough time to include WiFi functionality. Maybe this will change in the next game, but we didn't manage it this time.

The horse will be faster than Epona. You'll have it soon after the beginning, after some time you'll loose it and get it later again. You can give the horse a name.
You assign items to the B-Button with the D-Pad - for instance the bow.
When aiming with the bow you can only aim within the big orange circle. If the circle isn't positioned correctly you can correct it with the joystick.
Link can do shield attacks when you slightly move the nun-chuck forward. You don't have to push it too hard but you won't trigger it accidentally during a fight.
Often used items like the iron boots can also be assigned to the D-Pad (unlike OoT where you had to use the menu all the time to put them on and off).
The wiimote speaker is of good quality and useful for some quests. For instance when they had to wear the iron boots they heard Midna laughing.
Wolf-Link has better senses for instance his smell is more advanced to find hidden things.
There'll be a grown up girl that will be very helpful to Link.
With a creature on his back Link will be able to fly.
Midna will be the link between Link and his mission because she can't do it on her own.
Aonuma hinted that maybe there's another princess besides Zelda, so it could be that Zelda isn't the Twilight Princess.
There'll be many shops that will have different prices for the same items.

Not many interesting news in there actually but I found it interesting that it's also Midna's task to save Hyrule.
And on another note: I suppose assigning an item over the D-Pad to the B-Button works more like this. You push the direction on the pad, then the item is activated and the B-Button will trigger an action.

OK, I finished the second page of the interview. Even though konfucius did a summary I'm sure there are some people who'd like to read the full interview.

The world in Twilight Princess is said to be huge. Can we get an impression of its size? How long does it take to cross the land on a horse?
To answer the question about the exact size, I haven't yet tried to cross Hyrule completely on foot. But what I can tell you now is that there will be a horse that's faster on its hooves than Epona in Ocarina of Time. Even when you're not busy with the main mission, you can, at any time, take a trip through Hyrule - it's very important to explore the huge land of Hyrule and its many areas. You will be thrilled by the size of the land!

Will the horse be available from the start or does Link have to free it like with Epona on the Lon-Lon-Farm in Ocarina of Time?
As Link is a cowboy instead of a fighter this time, he'll get a horse early on in the game. But suddenly strange things happen in Hyrule, and Link is involved in it, causing the separation of the horse and its rider. But during the game the two meet again and the player can even name the horse.

Why is the speaker in the wiimote so important for the game experience?
This feature is very, very important. When I first heard of the fact that the wiimote would have a speaker, I wondered what uses it could have. When I started experimenting with it, I noticed that it intensified the gaming experience. When you're in a noisy enviroment, it might be hard to hear the sounds from the controller. But when it's more quiet, and you hear the sounds of the controller, you feel like you're really in the game.

How difficult was it to map the controls for the Wii controller, considering the game was designed for the GameCube?
It's right that we developed the game for the GameCube. When we finished programming the foundation, we started with the conversion for the Wii controller. Here, the question was, how to make the game perfect for the Wii controller. It was a very exciting possibility to make everything more intuitive. At that time the controls were ready and we had to search for a way to map the complex controls on the wii controller, even though the controller has less buttons. The conversion at this point wasn't easy.

To be continued...

Ok now some facts about page 16 - thanks Dante and Pedro for finding the scans btw.
The upper shoulder button on the nunchuck (C-Button) is for an ego perspective to look around - that wasn't implemented at E³.
You draw the sword with the A button.
The lower shoulder button (Z-Button) is for locking onto enemies.
And after hectically swinging the Wiimote for 30 seconds the arm still didn't feel tired.

Was it hard to insert the controls for the Wii afterwards?
At the start was the GameCube version, which we finished almost completely before we started optimising for the Wii. At first we had difficulties estimating how much time that would take. After we recently changed the controls again, we can now fully concentrate on the finetuning.

Did Shigeru Miyamoto have any doubts about the controls?
Mr. Miyamoto didn't have to approve everything at once, rather one thing at a time. Our mission was to design every part of the controls so that at the end each part would fit together. Shigeru Miyamote more or less represented the player who plays The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess for the first time. Thanks to his excelent analytic ability on how to improve games, he was a real support in the day to day production.

Link will be able to turn into a wolf. How does this fact influence the gameplay?
After transforming into a wolf Link can use a lot of the abilities of this wild animal. A lot of them will be very important throughout the game. For example when he's transformed he'll have a stronger sense of smell. This way the transformed Link will be able to find hidden things that he wouldn't be able to find in normal form.

In The Wind Waker you built in a personal relationship(my german is slipping here) with the "King of Red Lions". Are there similar scenes in Twilight Princess?
As we worked on this game, I became a father for the first time. In The Wind Waker Link was a child, and I absolutely wanted to include a sort of father figure into the story. The King of Red Lions accompanied Link on his adventure and put him in the right direction. This time I didn't create a specific person to have a personal relationship with. This time Link is like a friend to the player and has a lot of friends in the game. Amongst others there will be a grown up girl that will prove very helpful to Link.

In the demo Midna plays an important part, as she explains the controls to the player. Can you describe her role in the finished game?
Midna will play a key role in Twilight Princess, that much I can reveal. She is the link between Link and his mission to save the land, because she can't do this by herself. Link is responsible for that!

Who is the Twilight Princess from the title? Will it be Zelda?
Well, it could be that there's another princess...(laughs)

While playing we encountered the typical Zelda rubies. Can you describe in short what you can buy with them?
Of course there will be countless shops that offer wares. A few items will only be available at certain merchants and for example not in the dungeons - no matter how good you look. By the way, it pays off to compare prices between shops. You can really get a bargain, because some merchants are real money grabbers!

Which minigames will there be besides fishing? Can you give us a real example?
You've already used the canoo when you went fishing. I can reveal that this means of transportation will also be available further in the adventure and some other minigames will use it too. I can't give you an example though.(laughs)

That sounds very interesting. Are there other secrets that you'd like to share?
Have I already told you that Link is right handed this time? (laughs) But I've got one secret for you. Only on the GameCube will the protagonist be left handed. So if you want to play it like you're used to from the previous games, you'll have to get the GameCube version.

Currently people are working on the DS on another Zelda episode. Is there a connection between Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess, concerning the story?
Phantom Hourglass is often looked at the sequel to The Wind Waker - that's not quite right, as there's only a similar graphics style. And because of the different settings there's also no big similarities between Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass. The extensive Hyrule prairie contrasts with a huge ocean. They are simply different gaming concepts. That's why we didn't forsee any way to connect both games.

Thank you very much for your extensive answers and good luck with the finetuning!

Última edição:
Alguem me podia dizer ou melhor contar de uma forma resumida a historia deste Zelda!? o TP|? E já agora este Zelda é sequela de algum dos outros!!?
Fiquem Bem!!

Última edição:
Alguem me podia dizer ou melhor contar de uma forma resumida a historia deste Zelda!? o TP|? E já agora este Zelda é sequela de algum dos outros!!?
Fiquem Bem!!
Não há ponto em estragar surpresas, se entendes a história de zelda, terás uma boa ideia do que vai acontecer...

Posso é confirmar-te na timeline onde é que este zelda se passa, e será entre o Ocarina of time (decadas depois) e o Wind Waker, consequencia do OoT, e a explicar como Hyrule chegou ao estado em que está no WW.

Majora Mask (sequela directa do OoT) nunca teve lugar no TP e/ou no WW, este Link é novo, não o Hero of Time.

É possivel desenvolver muito mais sobre este tema, e eu por exemplo tenho uma ideia muito boa do que vai acontecer especificamente em alguns campos do jogo... mas preferia não saber ;)

Não há ponto em estragar surpresas, se entendes a história de zelda, terás uma boa ideia do que vai acontecer...

Posso é confirmar-te na timeline onde é que este zelda se passa, e será entre o Ocarina of time (decadas depois) e o Wind Waker, consequencia do OoT, e a explicar como Hyrule chegou ao estado em que está no WW.

Majora Mask (sequela directa do OoT) nunca teve lugar no TP e/ou no WW, este Link é novo, não o Hero of Time.

É possivel desenvolver muito mais sobre este tema, e eu por exemplo tenho uma ideia muito boa do que vai acontecer especificamente em alguns campos do jogo... mas preferia não saber ;)

Bem, as histórias que eu sei são: A Link to the past, Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask e link's awakening...As restantes desconheço.:'( Mas tipo, não percebi...dizes que o TP vai ser consequencia do OoT...Eu julguei que o jogo consequencia do OoT era o A link to the past!!??e também dizes que neste jogo Link deixa de ser Hero of Time...não percebi!?:'(

Bem, as histórias que eu sei são: A Link to the past, Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask e link's awakening...As restantes desconheço.:'( Mas tipo, não percebi...dizes que o TP vai ser consequencia do OoT...Eu julguei que o jogo consequencia do OoT era o A link to the past!!??e também dizes que neste jogo Link deixa de ser Hero of Time...não percebi!?:'(

A Link to the past é consequência de The Wind Waker e Twilight Princess situa-se entre Ocarina of Time e The Wind Waker. Em princípio (nada garante), deveremos saber em Twilight Princess o que aconteceu a Hyrule em The Wind Waker mas acredito que vamos ter umas surpresas.

O facto do Link do TP não ser o Hero of Time é uma consequência do The Wind Waker, onde aprendemos no início que o Hero of Time não apareceu quando Ganon voltou. Mas ainda não sabemos nada. Nada garante que o TP relate o desaparecimento de Hyrule.

Não se esqueçam do fim de Ocarina of Time...

Back