Notícias de última hora dos projectos BOINC

PS3GRID a 14 de Novembro:
PS3GRID Live Linux pen drive simplifies volunteer computing on the Playstation 3.
PS3GRID has just relased a new usb pen drive image called PS3GRID live to start BOINC/Linux within minutes on a PlayStation 3.

RALPH a 15 de Novembro:
Ralph has been updated to 5.84. (Sorry for the jump in version number.) New features include proper diagnostics for a different kind of symmetry ('D2'), a new output format that may be useful for designing new proteins, and some major improvements in the energy function used in RNA structure prediction! Please report bugs in this thread.

TSP a 15 de Novembro:
Yeah, no more bad workunits! Boo, no more workunits! How quick you all turn on me HAHAHA. I made a huge mistake and sent an email to the local telecom and now they want an interview. What does that mean? Well for now less time for TSP. The good news is the 2.08 app is tested in linux and I'm building the windows app now. If I can find MTughan to bulid the mac app, and PovAddict to host them by Friday we will be in business. I'm going to spend the rest of the day fixing the workunit naming problem. So the goal is to have new apps and WU's for all by Firday. Sorry for the slow down. Markus

NQueens a 15 de Novembro:
New app vertion, checkpoint at 100% removed. Votation for the project logo will be open until next Sunday.

Rosetta a 20 de Novembro:
Outage Notice: The project will be down for maintenance tomorrow, Nov 21st, from around 12-2pm PST.
Rosetta@home has been updated to version 5.85. This version contains some fixes in the modeling of symmetric complexes and a much improved RNA energy function. For details, see this thread.

Yoyo a 20 de Novembro:
I implemented a database backup and some cleanup of all the generated log and statistics.
The server runs smoothly without any manual intervention. More than 100 days OGR are crunched for distributed.net. In total individual and team stats we are in the top 100. On daily basis we are in the top 5.
I started now phase III, wrapping the next project.
New versions for Mac and Linux
To get rid of the sometimes appearing endless loop at 87% of the wu I created new versions for Intel and PPC Mac and for 32- and 64 bit Linux. This problem happened for round about 10% of the work units on Mac and Linux.

TSP a 20 de Novembro:
The issue of credits is not an easy one to address. It reminds of the mac vs. pc, or best linux distro discussions. People fall into one of three categories a) fixed, b) flop based, c) I don't do it for the credits. The only algorithm running now is the brute force method. Each workunit consists of a fixed number of possible paths to evaluate, and it almost entirely integer based math. Given these conditions fixed credits seem the most fair. I'm still working on how much each credit will be worth, right now the average for the current app version (2.10) is around 20, I'm goign to wait for a larger sample size from more platforms before I make a final decision. The next algorithm to come out will be the genetic algorithm. This will require a considerable amount of floating point operations and a fair number of calculations will be based on conditional probabilities (i.e. there is no way to know how many flpops a WU will take). Once the new GA app is up, TSP users will have the option of running both, or the one with the credit granting scheme they like best. This is about the best I can do.

Resumindo: Rosetta down durante algum tempo; alterações e novas implementações no Yoyo; TSP ainda com problemas relativamente à atribuição de créditos. :P

POEM a 23 de Novembro:
The assimilator is working again and the current workunit queue should be working normally. If you have a data_107 workunit in your queue at the moment, please abort it, as it will end in a computation error otherwise. We are sorry, that those workunits got out - when the assimilator broke down, we wanted to fill the void and there was an error in the job submission.

LHC a 23 de Novembro:
The LHC@HOME project will be out of service over the weekend 24th/25th November. Due to ongoing electical work at the Physics Department at Queen Mary, University of London the LHC@HOME server and network will be shutdown at 16:30 GMT 2007-11-23. We aim to bring the server and project back online at around 09:30 GMT 2007-11-26.

Bem, uma notícia chata para alguns:

NQueens a 30 de Novembro:
Project stopped, see forum for details.

Lê-se então no fórum:

Well, just a few hours ago the project finished the board 24.

As you can see, the number of solutions found is different from expected.

For now, I think the best is to stop the project (work generation) while I check what the problem seems to be.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope that the project restart again soon.

Regards
Israel Figueroa

Última edição pelo moderador:
Rosetta a 3 de Dezembro:
We're up and running again. A complete update of the scheduler and web site was made so please post any issues with the server and site in this thread.

Cosmology a 3 de Dezembro:
First paper using Cosmology@Home submitted
Chad just submitted our first paper using results from Cosmology@Home. It will appear on the online astrophysics archive at astro-ph/0712.0194 and we will also submit it to the Astrophysical Journal. The paper describes Pico, a machine learning tool for cosmology. Pico is speed in a bottle. Pico extracts the essence of the quadrillions of CPU cycles of Cosmology@Home and enables other cosmologists to speed up their calculations by a factor of 250,000. You can have a sneak preview by clicking on papers on the new Pico homepage. You might like to have a look at the acknowledgement section at the end where we mention 5 crunchers from Cosmology@Home as representatives of all our users.

Spinhenge a 4 de Dezembro:
The Server now up again and running. We had the last days some DoS attacks to our webserver. Sorry for the outage. A happy crunching again.

Primegrid a 9 de Dezembro:
Scheduled downtime
During the night of December 14/15 (Europe time) PrimeGrid server will be down because of scheduled maintenance in the datacenter where PrimeGrid and BOINCstats are hosted. The downtime is needed to upgrade power infrastructure, because currently there isn't enough backup power (UPS) to run all the servers in case of a power outage.

Eternity2 a 9 de Dezembro:
Site Closing
Eternity2.net site to close down
This Site will close down before 15 December more info

Cosmology a 10 de Dezembro:
Server handing out work again
It looks like the server is handing out work again. The problem was that the feeder was trying to hand out only the oldest work, which wouldn't allow the newer, faster machines to get anything. Now it should be up and running correctly.

NQueens a 12 de Dezembro:
Project restarted, see forum for details.

Depspid a 12 de Dezembro:
The second batch of new tasks completed with a higher error rate than the previous one. This was due to some changes in the task parameters. The reasons for most of these errors have been found and fixed. A new batch of tasks will be sent out together with another application version in a few hours.

Superlink a 16 de Dezembro:
Host name
Project URL has changed to http://cbl-boinc-server2.cs.technion.ac.il/superlinkattechnion; the old URL works as well, but we'd recommend to modify your bookmarks with the new host name.

Cosmology a 16 de Dezembro:
Small Change to the WU Generator
We've made a small change to the work generator parameters which may affect the run-time of upcoming workunits. Don't be alarmed if WUs created after the 15th take a bit more or less to complete.

Milkyway a 26 de Dezembro:
Out of Town
I'm going to be out of town until new years eve, so if i don't get back to any questions on the forum or email that's why. I've set up the assimilator and validator to run as daemons in the config.xml now, so if the machine goes down and comes back up, these should start back automatically even if i'm still out of town -- so hopefully things will run smoothly while I'm gone. I hope everyone is having a happy holidays!
--Travis

TSP a 27 de Dezembro:
I'm sorry to say I have been out of commission for a few days. I got the flu. I'm still under the weather but doing better. I have been getting lots of reports on the ga windows app failing. I have deprecated the windows apps for now, and will release new apps within a week or so. Also several people have asked for the raw data. I'll provide that via the website, or in subversion once I'm feeling better.
(este conta sempre a sua vida toda. :D)

Malaria a 27 de Dezembro:
We're back online. More info.

Yoyo a 27 de Dezembro:
Fixed credits for evo
Fixed credits for evolution@home workunits are now in place. Report problems or questions in our forum.

Avanços por parte do PrimeGrid. É sempre bom quando os projectos mostram que estão a chegar a algum lado: :)

PrimeGrid a 28 e 29 de Dezembro:
1 million digit prime
A user of PrimeGrid has discovered a Woodall prime which is over 1 million digits long. It is the biggest Woodall prime ever discovered, and 13th biggest known prime of any kind. Stay tuned for more details.
Record breaking Woodall prime
On 21 Dec 2007, 10:09:30 UTC, PrimeGrid's Woodall Prime Search found the 33rd and largest known to date Woodall prime:

3752948*23752948-1​

The prime is 1,129,757 digits long and enters The Largest Known Primes Database ranked 1st for Woodall primes and 13th overall. It's the first found mega-digit prime using LLR.
The discovery was made by Matthew J. Thompson of the United States using an Intel P4 @ 2.8 GHz with 512MB RAM. This computer took almost 15 hours and 11 minutes to complete the primality test.

À carga não diria, mas de vez em quando manda algumas WUs. :)

Boas notícias em alguns projectos: :)

RCN a 5 de Janeiro:
The W6 workunits were too large. Therefore they have been canceled and replaced by 2688999 W6q workunits (q means quarter, every W6 has been replaced by 4 W6q). If you still have W6 workunits you can cancel them or crunch them. You will get your credits.

Superlink a 1, 6 e 7 de Janeiro:
Upgrade of loadd on Linux and Mac
Bundled executables are assigned the same version number as loadd on Linux (32/64) and Mac (*****).
loadd 1.12 on Windows
loadd on Windows upgraded, hopefully, the crashes would be over.
loadd 1.13 on Windows
loadd on Windows upgraded, hopefully, the popup dialogs would be over.

Spinhenge a 6 de Janeiro:
The Linux-Client is ready to download. It's only Beta. Attention it can crash with graphic calls.

Já agora pergunto se alguém sabe alguma coisa do Milkyway@home. Tem estado em baixo o dia todo e tenho umas WUs quase no deadline. :(

Milkyway a 3 de Janeiro:
Upload/Download Issues
While I was gone, it looks like our upload and download directory permissions got messed up -- read/write/execute were removed for anyone other than root. I'm hoping this was the reason that you couldn't upload or download files for the workunits. Please let me know if things are working correctly now. I have the assimilator/validator running manually again so i can watch to see if this problem happens again.
...e...
Upload/Download Issues
It looks like things are running smoothly on our end, however we've had some users report that they're still having problems. Whats worked for them is a detach and reattach to the project. If you're still having problems try giving that a shot -- if it doesn't work let me know.

Será esse o problema? São muitas WUs para enviar? É que se calhar tens que reajustar o projecto. :wvsore:

Entretanto fui jantar e elas já começaram a ir. E mesmo o site estava em baixo e não podia ter visto esse aviso. ;)
Milkyway a 7 e 8 de Janeiro:
Server Outages
It looks like there have been some more power problems with the server, which is why it's been offline. We're working our labstaff to get these problems fixed.
Server Outages
Our labstaff is going to be taking down milkyway for awhile to run some tests to see why it's been crashing so frequently. Hopefully it will be back soon running smoothly.
Tudo explicadinho agora. :)

RCN:

January 9, 2008
Please cancel all the old workunits, currently we crunch the W0q series for testing the system. I will inform you asap when the error is eliminated.

January 9, 2008
We have some trouble with the new workunits and currently we debug the hole stuff. The server might be done now and then today. Sorry.

POEM a 10 de Janeiro:
Today the first version of our Intel-Mac application was released. We also plan to release a new linux application soon, which will fix the 0 cpu time error. Edit: The new linux version was also released.

PrimeGrid a 10 de Janeiro:
TPS work available again
Twin prime search work is available again (we had a few days outage for this subproject because work supply went dry).

Spinhenge a 11 de Janeiro:
We activate a mechanism which is called max_wus_in_progress to decrease the pending credits. We set this to a value of 100. That means: Maximum results in progress per CPU, will limit the number of results a given host can simultaneously have registered as 'in progress'. If there are any problems please tell us in the forum.

Yoyo@home a 13 de Janeiro:
new PS3 Cruncher
A memory corruption problem was recently detected in the PS3 version of the cruncher. Read more about it in our forum and report problems or even that there are no problems.

Yoyo@Home a dar da PS3. :D Mais um projecto para quem se queixa que só tem o PS3GRID. ;)

Back