Notícias de última hora dos projectos BOINC

Parece que foi abaixo mais cedo que o previsto.
Parece que houve um downtime, mas está a funcionar novamente.

Einstein a 25 de Janeiro:
We found that we need to split the current S5R3 run at 800 Hz frequency (read more about it in this forum thread). We are currently ~6 days away from the end of the lower half, which means that we are experiencing the usual workunit-cleanup at the end of a run, with the common raise of downlaod traffic during that time. Dial-up users may want to suspend the project for the next days.

Superlink a 27 de Janeiro:
loadd 1.03 on Mac Intel
loadd for Mac Intel upgraded, Mac Intel owners are kindly requested to test its functionality.

Yoyo a 31 de Janeiro e 1 e 2 de Fevereiro:
Server crash
Yesterday our small server was not able to handle all your request. The runtime of OGR WUs was getting shorter and shorter and all hosts requested more frequently new WUs and reported finished ones back. This leads to high traffic in the database and to out of memory on the system. This server also hosts the homepage, forum and wiki of the Rechenkraft.net association. To get them up again we immediately stopped access to yoyo@home. The server went back to normal forum and wiki processing.Last night we analysed the problem and decided that we need more memory and a separation of yoyo@home and the rest of the rechenkraft.net page. Thanks to the support which I got in chat and to the donations, we now ordered a new server for yoyo@home.
Our new server is installed and got the yoyo@home backup but is currently not yet online. I think that workunits which reached the server will get credits, but it seems that there are a couple of WUs which were not properly uploaded. For these no credits can be granted. We hope to be online very soon.
Server is back
The new server runs now without any big problems. In the first hours I will not send new work units because there are wus in the world which could be over the deadline. These would be resent by the feeder. So I give you a chance to empty your buffers and upload all wus.
Crash-Tour T-Shirt
Yes you were part of this crash and you can show it with this T-Shirt. A part of the money will be used to keep the server running.

Brats a 1 de Fevereiro:
After an unannounced firewall change, BRaTS@Home is back online. I took the forced hiatus as an opportunity to upgrade to the new BOINC server. In fact you may have seen some changes already. You can read about these changes in this post. Next step is to upgrade the science app to the new API. That I will start (and hopefully finish) Monday. Thanks, David.

BURP a 3 de Fevereiro:
A bit of panic started to grow today when a BIOS update (due to the reoccouring disk issue) froze the webserver completely - nothing could get it back up, not even a power cycle. Fortunately it turned out that the old BIOS settings were simply not being read correctly by the new BIOS. After clearing the BIOS RAM the system is now running again.

Novo projecto:

QCN a 05 de Fevereiro:
Start of Alpha Test (Intel & PPC Mac OS X). Please note that global prefs will be set to 1 CPU active, run after idle for 3 minutes - please only attach if you do not mind these default global preferences!
We are now in alpha testing mode -- currently support Intel & PPC Macs running OS X. Development under way for Windows (HP laptop accelerometers).

Como estou a usar WVista não vos sei dizer se já há WUs e como são. Mas vou ficar à espera que disponibilizem para Windows. :)

E mais um novo projecto:

MindModeling a 30 de Janeiro e 6 de Fevereiro:
Upgrade to Work Unit Creator Complete New Work Available Soon
Upgrade to work unit creation routine complete! New work should be available today
Network Problems
Network problems currently causing problems for MindModeling@Home. The problem has been isolated to faulty network equipment. Bew equipment should be in next week.

Deste ainda não consegui mais nada para alem do registo, mas no QCN já tenho duas WUs. ;)

Última edição pelo moderador:
Como diz a citação, estão com problemas nesse aspecto. Eu só para me registar foi difícil, e quando foi para receber trabalho haviam uns 8MB de download inicial e se não me engano foram umas 2h para conseguir tudo.

Mas já completei uma WU de 52m e quando o servidor deixar eu envio-a. Eles estão com altos e baixos, há que aproveitar quando estão um pouco mais rápidos porque senão é um tédio... :wvsore:

Docking a 9 de Fevereiro:
Three new members of the GCLab are now working together to put D@H back on-line. Abel is working on the CHARMM compilation and testing; Robert is building the D@H screensaver; and Jason is working on the servers and the pool of heterogenous machines for our tests. Abel has just arrived from UTEP where he got his BS in CS last December; Robert and Jason are undergraduate students at UDel. They are doing a terrific work to have D@H ready for our volutneers soon. Keep up the good work Abel, Jason, and Robert!

Pirates a 9 de Fevereiro:
Mechanical Turk
The Pirates@Home Mechanical Turk will reward you for solving reCAPTCHA tasks with pirate silver in the form of "pieces of eight"
More information about "Pirates@Home Mechanical Turk"...

NanoHive a 9 de Fevereiro:
We're currently analyzing the results of the Tooltip Failure Mode Search Project and are working on its associated publication. We're also planning our next project which will have to do with Structural DNA Nanotechnology. This post describes a little more about it. There will be no work until we start the next project and we'll send out emails as we get close to starting it. Account creation is turned off due to recent spam attempts. You can sign up for next project notifications via the Mailing List.

Hoje as notícias são só de um projecto. Se se depararem com outras notícias também relevantes, sintam-se à vontade para colocar aqui. :D

QMC a 13 de Fevereiro:
Our server will be offline again for a few hours tomorrow morning to complete the hardware upgrade.

Sim, até me esqueci de dizer isso. Consegui WUs no mesmo dia que pus a informação sobre o projecto, umas 22 das quais 3 foram avante, e até sou user of the day neste momento. :P lolol

yoyo:
Some news and future views about the integration of evolution@home are now posted in the evolution@home blog.

PrimeGrid:
We are inserting the final batches of work for our oldest available application, primegen. While primegen has proved to be very useful in the early project stages for infrastructure testing, it has served it's purpose and it's time to make way for newer, more efficient applications. Once the final batches are completed the cleanup will be executed, finally removing old stuck workunits.

We suggest participants running primegen exclusively also select an additional subproject for future processing. Sieve subprojects are very similar to primegen in size, so it is probably a good choice. Once there are no more primegen work to send, we will update project for such participants to select sieve subprojects.

Rosetta@home - http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_thread.php?id=1177

"hese are exciting times!

first, please bear with us! the all new beautiful completely object oriented C++ rewrite version of Rosetta is now running on your computers. old timers will recall that in the early days of the project, it took sometime before all the kinks were worked out, and that the graphics took some time to get to the very nice state we have all become used to. the new version of rosetta is extremely powerful, but as it is very new, there are still some rare problems surfacing, and some of the bells and whistles, such as the screensaver, are not yet in place. similar issues have been slowing us down a bit with our in house research and computing projects. rest assured however, that these problems will be solved quite soon, and the new version is so much more powerful that this inconvenience will be made up for many fold.

second, the game continue to progress, and I think is getting more and more fun to play. still some things to work out, so not quite ready to go public, but I encourage any of you who are interested to give it a try (see thread below).

third, as I alluded to in my last post, we have two very exciting papers describing a major breakthrough--the computer based design of new enzymes catalyzing novel chemical reactions-- that will be appearing soon, for a preview you can look at the current online issue of Nature."

PrimeGrid a 19 de Fevereiro:
Problems with 64bit Windows PSP sieve application
We have temporarily disabled 64bit Windows PSP Sieve application because it was crashing and locking up BOINC client. We are investigating the cause for that; for now 32bit application will be sent instead.

MalariaControl a 19 de Fevereiro:
The malariacontrol app is currently out of work due to a problem with the database server. We are working on a solution.
Work for the malariacontrol app is available again. Here's a short summary of what happened.

Docking:
To see if everything is still working as it is supposed to work, we have just generated 10 workunits (30 results) 5 minutes ago. The protein-ligand combination is the same we have been using at UTEP (1tng_mod0011), but as this is only for testing that's okay. Let us know if things look okay on your boinc clients and we keep an eye on the server. Thanks!

"Invitation Required". Talvez abram as inscrições quando estiver em Beta?

IMP a 21 de Fevereiro:
Work available
There is work available. 2 minutes per workunit (too short, I know). More info on the forums.

Este é mais um projecto que não dá para aderir, a menos que se arranje convite. :wvsore:

Back