Notícias de última hora dos projectos BOINC

TSP:
Well ask and ye shall receive. Crunch3r has answered my call for help. I was making some fundamental errors that I did not realize. So after banging my head against the wall for a couple weeks I at least have new hope for an STLport build of my apps and a GA that works on windows. Many thanks Crunch3r!

Docking:
We are going to upgrade the docking server today. We will start shutting down the system in about a half hour. It should be back up by 23:00:00 GMT.

Hydrogen:
I've been silent only because I have been really busy on behalf of my project and all of BOINC. Recently we had another BOINC meeting here in Washington, DC. And yesterday me and another participant visited with Dr. Taufer at UDel who does Docking@Home. I appreciate getting to meet her and the Docking@Home staff! We are talking about having an East-Coast BOINC meeting sometime this summer if we can drum up interest. Maybe we can call it BOINC BBQ Bash. I will keep you posted. -Jack

3x+1@Home a 18, 20 e 23 de Fevereiro:
3x+1@home Alpha Test
Currently only 64bit Linux systems are supported
New client application 1.02
The new client application 1.02 is ready. It includes some optimizations and a minor bugfix. Application 1.0 is still compatible, but will be much slower on new work units. Please upgrade.
New workunits
We started another search within the range 271 to 272, a range that hasn't been checked before. The application used, "csearch" is optimized for this range. The new workunits, csearch_71_xx_1_0, contain about 232 numbers each and result in 7 credits. An overview is available here: status map

Mais um projecto. ;)

Docking:
Hopefully most problems with the website have been resolved. Please let us know via the website forum when you find any more problems. The problems with the workunits are currently being worked on on our test server. Thanks!
There are some problems with the web-page that we are looking into. So far we have found that the FAQ and the profiles do not work. Hopefully we will have it fixed by tommorrow night.
The server is back up, we hope you like the new look and feel of the web-page. Check out the cool new ligand movies at the bottom of the page. We have generated 10 WUs, please let us know if you encounter any problems processing them. Thank you for your patience.

APS a 24 de Fevereiro:
Update from sunny Canada
I'm writing this over a satellite link from northern Quebec. Air temperature is currently -20 degrees Centigrade, and the project is very busy. No forest here, and still no useful work to be done by APS. After 6 days back in the UK in late March, I'll be in Borneo so there should be work to do then, provided I can get the application problems sorted out before leaving. It'll be a satellite link from there as well, so that's quite important. More news when I have it. Thanks for standing by...

Já há muito (demasiado) tempo que não recebo nada deste projecto. :P

Docking:
The test batch of workunits we send out have generally been crunched on okay, but it has come out that the HR currently in BOINC does not work for us. We wanted to see if the fine HR would be fine enough for Docking, but it turns out not to be and we need to go back to our much finer grained homegrown HR algorithm. It will take a bit of time to incorporate this into the latest BOINC source as the HR code has changed substantially. Also, we have found out that our backup system is putting quite a load on the D@H server during the night (in the US). So much in fact that the webserver doesn't get enough cycles to stay up and respond to requests. We are looking for a resolution for this. Thanks!
WEP-M+2:
Project stopped for development work
TSP:
Some good news I have found two algorithms released under the gpl that I should be able to convert to boinc apps without too much trouble. So once I finish fixing the GA (later today)I get to work on those. Also the DIMACS Implementation Challenge is still updating their site and they would be happy for us to report any findings we come up with. What that means is we will be leaving the small 48 city TSP behind as anything below 1k cites is trivial. Also the brute force algorithm will be dropped.
PrimeGrid:
PrimeGrid will soon be offering three new projects. For more information about these and future considerations, please see the forum thread.

Última edição pelo moderador:
Superlink a 25 e 27 de Fevereiro:
loadd 1.01 on Linux ***** 64-bit
loadd for Linux ***** 64-bit deployed.

Bundles, progress bar, checkpointing
All workunits now come in bundles, progress bar is enabled, checkpointing implemented in loadd.

loadd 1.00 on Linux ***** 32-bit
loadd for Linux ***** 32-bit deployed.

E um novo projecto (com inscrições abertas :)):

Cels a 25 de Fevereiro:
Current project is a cell adhesion network
Cels@Home is analyzing networks related to cell adhesion

New server path active
Cels@Home started with new server path

Vê no Gestor de Tarefas se há algum dos processos que esteja a causar isso. Até pode ser um projecto do BOINC que puxe mais pelo computador, aumentando assim a temperatura.

Vê no Gestor de Tarefas se há algum dos processos que esteja a causar isso. Até pode ser um projecto do BOINC que puxe mais pelo computador, aumentando assim a temperatura.

nao... e mesmo logo no arranque... sem boinc, nem nada... qnd ligo o boinc durante apenas 5 horitas, a mobo ja ultrapassa os 40C, quando antes nao passava os 36/37

e o CPU mantem-se a mesma temp... nao tenho oc's, nem outros mods

XtremLab a 27 de Fevereiro?
The project has been able to monitor 32,000 nodes in 18 months. From this experiment we have collected and analyzed more than 17 millions results. Our trace collection software support Linux and most Windows versions (but not Windows ME or 9*). Our project is actually stopped and not collecting new traces. No data nor accounts have been deleted. Statistics are still being exported to statistics websites. (Your credits are still advertised) We may resume the project with a new version of the application in the future.

Reparei que haviam novidades porque no BOINC Stats apareceram créditos de WUs que faltava enviar. :P

Abre a caixa e limpa bem o pó. E arruma os fios para que o ar circule bem dentro da caixa.

O limpar do pó tirou 10 graus aqui a este E6400.

pra ja nao, o pc e novo, ainda tenho garantia e nao quero estar a abri-lo...

XtremLab a 27 de Fevereiro?

Reparei que haviam novidades porque no BOINC Stats apareceram créditos de WUs que faltava enviar. :P

optimas noticias!! eles que voltem, pode ser que meta mais uns pc's a trabalhar para eles :D

Vais esperar dois anos para limpar o pc?

nao, ja so falta meio ano (a garantia e de um ano, se n me engano)

alem disso, era po e ja saiu (de qualquer das maneiras nao havia grande urgencia...)

sei que ja saiu, pois nos ultimos dois dias as fans faziam um barulho tipo a arranhar, agora ja não fazem, e as temps desceram 1 pouco...

TSP:
Hard to belive but I am getting somewhere. The ACO is going to be run from the boinc wrapper, and I having a little trouble right now with the old server. YOu see I'm trying to use that as the old server as the test environment. Regardless, things are happening!
yoyo:
We have strange problems with our mysql server. The server crashes very often and restarts, but after restart the Boinc server processes have problems. We are working on it.
TSP:
Once again PovAddict has saved the day. He was a huge help in debugging my ACO wrapper problems. Things seem to be working well. I still have to put some thought into the design of the experiment we are going to do for DIMACS before I release the ACO for general crunching, but TSP will have a new app very soon.
PrimeGrid:
A 64bit Linux sr2sieve application has been released for the Prime Sierpinski Problem sieve. For more information, please see the forum post.

Hydrogen:
Tomorrow I am speaking at an international forum on renewable energy at American University here in Washington, DC. http://www.hydrogenathome.org/ForumRenewableEnergy.pdf

Última edição:
BURP a 2 de Março:
The monday maintenance tomorrow will be extended with additional downtime starting 12:30 UTC ending approximately 23:00 UTC. The downtime will be utilized for backups, further debugging of the raid mirror issue and for general system maintenance.

Back