Nova RAM - para placas gráficas

Zealot

I quit My Job for Folding
GRAPHICS CHIP MAKER ATI has announced the completion of the third generation graphics memory standard, to be known as GDDR3.
In a statement issued today, ATI said it has worked hand in hand with the dramurai to create the standard, which will provide memory clocks ranging from 500 to 800MHz for use in future graphics cards.

According to ATI spokesman Rick Bergman, GDDR3 will be the "DRAM that will fuel the continued trend in graphics towards life-like virtual worlds."

The spec is claimed to be twice as fast as DDRII which is yet to go into production. ATI says GDDR3 will become available some time in 2003.

Partners in the development of the standard with ati include Micron, Infineon, Elpida and Hynix, none of which is without its woes in the current climate.

Graphics card are one of the few remaining places memory makers can stick their chips, and see a return on investment, wooing games players with the promise of ever-improving performance. µ

Fonte: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5734

Cool, kual será a nova placa k a ATI irá lançar ? Isto certamente fará baixar os preços da 9700, mas ñ me parece k apareçam tão rapidos novas placas com esta noa Ram...

Em relação á nVidia, ñ irá usar tb esta nova ram ?

convem sempre dizer que a ATI esteve a acompanhar o desenvolvimento... dá a ideia secreta que as placas da nvidia não serão tão eximias a extrair performance...

Back