nVidia in discussions with Sony for the PS3?!?!?

Nemesis11

Power Member
Noticia da CNN ( http://money.cnn.com/2003/08/27/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/ ):

"The reality is nVidia is not sitting in a vacuum," said Erach Desai, an analyst with American Technology Research. "They are in discussions with Sony for the PS3."

"They realize, I think, that they cannot do it all," said Desai. "I have checked with a couple of very seasoned executives ... and the strong impression is that there is interest from Sony and interest from nVidia."

"I would probably characterize it as a less than 50 percent chance that they win PS3," said Michael McConnell of Pacific Crest Securities. "However, we have talked with Sony and their take on it is they're considering an external vendor as well as an internal solution. So you can't rule it out, but you definitely can't say it's a sure thing."

Tb li à pouco tempo que aquela tecnologia Cell seria só usado no processador central.

Alguém está a ver a nVidia e a Sony juntas?

É capaz de haver alguma substância nesta notícia já que parece que a tecnologia "Cell" não estará dísponível a tempo de sair na próxima PS.

Back