Nvidia: Inferior Open GL filtering quality despite of HQ driver setting

mascarilha

I folded Myself
Nvidia: Inferior Open GL filtering quality despite of HQ driver setting

According to current investigations from PCGH, Nvidia's drivers don't always render what you expect them to do. We compared older and brand-new drivers with a Geforce 7 and 8, using Windows XP x86, Vista x86 and x64.

The Control Panel allows the user to disable all the "optimizations” concerning the anisotropic filter - but now it's obvious that these options only affect Direct 3D and not Open GL. Disabling the "optimizations” and setting "High Quality” still results in shimmering textures in our tested games (American McGee's Alice and Prey). The Riva Tuner shows why: the OGL filtering restrictions are still active.

You will find more information in the article which is in English, btw. We have animated Gifs and detailed pics to show the differences in picture quality.

Source (english):
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=626622

have a look at the pictures:
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu...id=626622&entity_id=-1&image_id=753713&page=1
("nächstes Bild" means next picture, clicking on the picture will enlarge it)

Source : Xtremesystems

cumps

on you Nvidia...

Então os truques ainda não acabaram ?

parece que estou a ouvir o Blastarr a dizer que a imagem é melhor e tal..

aliás..se bem me recordo havia um tópico sobre esse "efeito" nos vídeos , mas esse post tem já uns meses...
Cada vez mais penso em comprar uma HD3870 -.-

posso afirmar por experiencia propria que a qualidade de video na 8800GT é fraca
em jogos nao me faz muita diferença

e os drivers antigos(com painel de control antigo) davam para configurar uns parametros que punham a imagem do desktop melhor

mas pronto, vem uma 2600 para o media center :P

Última edição:
posso afirmar por experiencia propria que a qualidade de video na 8800GT é fraca
em jogos nao me faz muita diferença

e os drivers antigos(com painel de control antigo) davam para configurar uns parametros que punham a imagem do desktop melhor

mas pronto, vem uma 2600 para o media center :P

Nos novos drivers podes igualmente melhorar "à mão" a qualidade de imagem dos vídeos...

Back