NVIDIA to Launch nForce 680i LT SLI Chipset

mascarilha

I folded Myself
NVIDIA to Launch One More nForce 600i Product

NVIDIA's nForce 680i LT will slot between the nForce 680i SLI and nForce 650i SLI

NVIDIA is set to release one more nForce 680i variant that is slightly cheaper than the nForce 680i SLI. The cut-down nForce 680i will carry the nForce 680i LT SLI name and target extreme gamers. NVIDIA will manufacture the nForce 680i LT motherboards for various motherboard manufacturers.

Unlike the heat-pipe endowed nForce 680i SLI motherboards, nForce 680i LT SLI-based motherboards will have active cooling. Instead of support for DDR2-1200 memory, NVIDIA has limited the memory controller to DDR2-800.

Front-side bus speeds up to 1333 MHz remains supported. It is unknown if the nForce 680i-series will be compatible with Intel’s upcoming Conroe refresh.The nForce 680i LT SLI will continue to support NVIDIA’s SLI multi-GPU technology as well.

NVIDIA cut back networking features as well; nForce 680i LT SLI motherboards will only have one Gigabit connector instead of two. Last, nForce 680i LT SLI motherboards will only support eight USB 2.0 ports instead of ten.

Expect nForce 680i LT SLI-based motherboards to launch in early March.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6026

cumps

active cooling = barulho

até a board da asus com o nforce 650i vem passiva... má escolha para quem é pró silencio :D

Só as boards de referência é que trazem active cooling (inclusivé na já existente 680i SLI normal).

As mobos da Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, etc, normalmente não seguem o design de referência dado pela Nvidia, por isso não creio que tragam uma fan em cima do chipset.

Back