NVIDIA Unveils Tesla GPU Computing Processor

mascarilha

I folded Myself
NVIDIA Unveils Tesla GPU Computing Processor

NVIDIA today announced Tesla, a new class of processors based on a revolutionary new graphics processing unit (GPU). Under the Tesla brand, NVIDIA will offer a family of GPU computing products that will place the power previously available only from supercomputers in the hands of every scientist and engineer. The Tesla family of GPU computing solutions span PCs to large scale server clusters.

The new family includes:
  • NVIDIA Tesla C870 GPU Computing Processor, a dedicated computing board that scales to multiple Tesla GPUs inside a single PC or workstation. The Tesla GPU features 128 parallel processors, and delivers up to 518 gigaflops of parallel computation. The GPU Computing processor can be used in existing systems partnered with high-performance CPUs.
  • NVIDIA Tesla S870 Deskside Supercomputer, a scalable computing system that includes two NVIDIA Tesla GPUs and attaches to a PC or workstation through an industry-standard PCI-Express connection. With multiple deskside systems, a standard PC or workstation is transformed into a personal supercomputer, delivering up to 8 teraflops of compute power to the desktop.
  • NVIDIA Tesla D870 GPU Computing Server, a 1U server housing up to eight NVIDIA Tesla GPUs, containing more than 1000 parallel processors that add teraflops of parallel processing to clusters. The Tesla GPU Server is the first server system of its kind to bring GPU computing to the datacenter.
Pricing and Availability

For more NVIDIA Tesla product information, including a list of officially certified host systems and authorized partners, please visit: www.nvidia.com/tesla.

Source: NVIDIA

cumps

Última edição:
G92 ;)

Assim como o sucessor da R600 vai ser uma dual GPU. Metem os cores a 55 ou 65nm, 1gb ou 2gb de ram em 512bits bus e ta feito.

A G92 não é dual-GPU, é dual precision (FP64).
Uma indicação de que a solução dual-GPU aínda vai usar G80's é o facto de estas placas "Tesla" terem um core a funcionar a 800MHz/1350MHz (se o shader clock é o mesmo das 8800 GTX, já o master clock é quase 200MHz mais elevado do que o das 8800 Ultra).
Outra indicação é o facto de o chip NVIO usado aqui ser uma nova versão, diferente da usada nas 8800 GTS/GTX/Ultra.

Como o lançamento comercial destas soluções está previsto para Agosto, não me admirava nada que daqui até lá aparecessem umas 8800 GX2, ou algo semelhante.

A G92 não é dual-GPU, é dual precision (FP64).

Como o lançamento comercial destas soluções está previsto para Agosto, não me admirava nada que daqui até lá aparecessem umas 8800 GX2, ou algo semelhante.

So tou a dizer que a tal G92 vai ser uma 8800GX2, assim como a proxima da ATI tb vai ser dual-gpu.
Mas isto claro sou eu a dizer. É a minha aposta, nao é nada oficial nem nada que tenha visto (excepto uma tabelas que apareceram ha ja algum tempo)

Back