Periférico Oculus VR (Rift/S/Go/Quest)

"Development Kit 2 has the core building blocks ... [The consumer version] is going to improve all of these things to where it all gets very comfortable. The second developer kit is not designed for hours of use, but it has those core pieces. So, we put this out, developers can get started with this, and they can take the content that they make with DK2 and they'll be able to jump it over to the consumer version with little to no code changes."
Though non-developers can buy one of the new dev kits, Iribe stresses that the consumer version will be much better. He wouldn't go into specifics, but according to Iribe, every part of the experience is improved: the screen, the tracking, the design. Oculus does have internal prototypes of that version, and Iribe tells me that of the few hundred people who have tried one—including some of his more skeptical friends—not one has left with doubts about it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/19/oculus-rift-dev-kit-2-announced/

There's almost no motion blur when I quickly turn my head, an issue with the original, and in general it feels like longer term play will be more feasible with a resolution of this quality. It's really impressive and a lot more professional-looking as a model, and given the mileage we've gotten out of the original in our office, I'm eager to start testing it with the novelty tech demos we've enjoyed over the months and something as impressive as Elite Dangerous with the improved visual quality.

There is still no timeframe for a mainstream release, and Luckey clearly still believes there's some way to go until this is ready to be in the hands of consumers. My time with the DK2 just reaffirms my belief that this is the most exciting thing happening in PC gaming, and its power to heighten traditionally passive interaction through the way it presents virtual places is remarkable. The DK2 is a good indicator of how fast Oculus VR is able to progress its technology - now I can't wait to see what developers do with it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/19/oculus-rift-dk2-hands-on-impressions/

Última edição:
quanto pagas-te de alfandega e de portes?
este dev kit2 deve de estar muito proximo da versao final... sinto-me tentado em compra-lo já :) já que jogo bastante assetto corsa seria bem porreiro jogar com eles

Não paguei alfandega pois eles usaram centros de distribuição já dentro da Europa. Não me recordo dos valores dos portes, 30-50€ ? Ontem nem pestanejei e encomendei o DK2, preço final 500$.

Eu ainda dei umas voltas no iRacing com o DK1. A baixa resolução impedia que visse os manómetros e outros detalhes decentemente, ficava tudo difícil de perceber. O mesmo com o eurotruck 2. No entanto é uma sensação de velocidade e de "estar lá" que não se tem sem ser em VR. O Assetto Corsa não experimentei.

Eu não compreendo como há quem diga que é um gimmick sem valor e demasiado caro. É bastante barato para o que oferece e basta ser suportado por um certo numero de jogos que já valeu o investimento.

Obvio que não é para todos, é dirgido para simuladores e semelhantes e esse é um mercado de pessoal que gasta nota preta nos seus sistemas.

Obvio que não é para todos, é dirgido para simuladores e semelhantes e esse é um mercado de pessoal que gasta nota preta nos seus sistemas.

Concordo com parte do que tu dizes, discordo totalmente do ser dirigido para simuladores. Serve para qualquer aplicação desde que tenha uma prespectiva de primeira pessoa.

Se fores ao Youtube encontras pessoas a dizer que depois de jogarem Skyrim com o Oculus Rift, já não querem voltar a jogar em monitor. E isto apesar desse jogo não estar adaptado para o Oculus. O mesmo acontece com o Mirrors Edge e de certeza com um sem número de outros jogos/aplicações.

I’ve always loved games. They’re windows into worlds that let us travel somewhere fantastic. My foray into virtual reality was driven by a desire to enhance my gaming experience; to make my rig more than just a window to these worlds, to actually let me step inside them. As time went on, I realized that VR technology wasn’t just possible, it was almost ready to move into the mainstream. All it needed was the right push.
We started Oculus VR with the vision of making virtual reality affordable and accessible, to allow everyone to experience the impossible. With the help of an incredible community, we’ve received orders for over 75,000 development kits from game developers, content creators, and artists around the world. When Facebook first approached us about partnering, I was skeptical. As I learned more about the company and its vision and spoke with Mark, the partnership not only made sense, but became the clear and obvious path to delivering virtual reality to everyone. Facebook was founded with the vision of making the world a more connected place. Virtual reality is a medium that allows us to share experiences with others in ways that were never before possible.
Facebook is run in an open way that’s aligned with Oculus’ culture. Over the last decade, Mark and Facebook have been champions of open software and hardware, pushing the envelope of innovation for the entire tech industry. As Facebook has grown, they’ve continued to invest in efforts like with the Open Compute Project, their initiative that aims to drive innovation and reduce the cost of computing infrastructure across the industry. This is a team that’s used to making bold bets on the future.
In the end, I kept coming back to a question we always ask ourselves every day at Oculus: what’s best for the future of virtual reality? Partnering with Mark and the Facebook team is a unique and powerful opportunity. The partnership accelerates our vision, allows us to execute on some of our most creative ideas and take risks that were otherwise impossible. Most importantly, it means a better Oculus Rift with fewer compromises even faster than we anticipated.
Very little changes day-to-day at Oculus, although we’ll have substantially more resources to build the right team. If you want to come work on these hard problems in computer vision, graphics, input, and audio, please apply!
This is a special moment for the gaming industry — Oculus’ somewhat unpredictable future just became crystal clear: virtual reality is coming, and it’s going to change the way we play games forever.
I’m obsessed with VR. I spend every day pushing further, and every night dreaming of where we are going. Even in my wildest dreams, I never imagined we’d come so far so fast.
I’m proud to be a member of this community — thank you all for carrying virtual reality and gaming forward and trusting in us to deliver. We won’t let you down.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/21cy9n/the_future_of_vr/

Após testar o Oculus Rift e saber o quão brutal pode vir a ser, mas que tem um grande problema de fraca resolução, chego à conclusão que foi muito bom o facebook ter comprado a empresa. Assim pode evoluir muito mais rapidamente devido a ter um orçamento muito maior.

Não sei se isso é bom ou é mau...

Uma decisão difícil por parte da Oculus. Eles têm tido bastante financiamento, mas deve ter sido uma oferta irrecusável. Pessoalmente não achei grande graça a isto, pois o facebook não é propriamente a minha empresa preferida. Espero que não afectem a visão da empresa. A ver vamos.

Update 2: It appears that Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson was in talks to develop the hit game for Oculus but canned the deal in light of today's news.
"We were in talks about maybe bringing a version of Minecraft to Oculus. I just cancelled that deal. Facebook creeps me out," Persson tweeted.

F+ck this.
Raios parta. Não. Porque é que o Facebook tem que vir meter o nariz em tudo onde a privacidade das pessoas não está a ser afectada???

O Facebook anda é a fazer compras a preços estúpidos qualquer dia lixa-se. Desde quando é que neste momento o Oculus Rift valia 2 mil milhoes quando o goal do kickstarter era 250k ?? Eu sei que o goal do kick nunca valeria a empresa, até pela ideia e tudo mais... agora quase 10.000x, DEZ MIL vezes mais??? Já o whats'app uma app que o unico dinheiro que recebe é 1 dollar/ano/user, foi o que foi.

Após testar o Oculus Rift e saber o quão brutal pode vir a ser, mas que tem um grande problema de fraca resolução, chego à conclusão que foi muito bom o facebook ter comprado a empresa. Assim pode evoluir muito mais rapidamente devido a ter um orçamento muito maior.

A fraca resolução foi resolvida há algum tempo já como o novo dekit 2 1080p :P

Por acaso sou como o Morais, não sei se é bom ou mau sinceramente. Estou mais virado para o mau mas veremos.

Tenho pena que tenha sido comprado pelo facebook, não porque pode vir a ser mau, mas porque pelo menos já se sabia o que contar se não houvesse alterações.
Espero que a única coisa que o Facebook queira é tentar entrar no mundo da realidade virtual com o dinheiro que isso vai acarretar, sem estragar a visão que estes senhores tinham do projecto nem alterar o objectivo final que era o gaming.

Back