PC Demigod

"Experimentei" o jogo, e este vai ser daqueles que tenho de comprar.

Não só por ser um jogo claramente virado para o online, assim como gostei de saber que os devs, interagem muito com a comunidade, e que estão para serem lançados mais Demigods.

Mais algumas novidades bem interessantes:

Okay, I now feel confident in publicly saying that I think that the connectivity issues some have had is going to go away next week.
Here's what we've built:
1. If you open ports 6112 to 6200 and port forward them to your IP on your router (this is for people who are familiar with this stuff) you'll get what is called direct connect.
2. If you don't do this, we will try to do a quick NAT connect. This takes longer but works for most people.
3. If NAT fails, you will be connected to our Proxy server system. This is not going to be super desireable at first because the physical location of the Proxy server is going to make the difference between a good and a lagfest. When the proxy server is nearby (east coast US player for instance to the east cost proxy server) it's perfectly good. But, for instance, if you're in Japan and it uses a proxy server in Singapore, you're adding 200ms to your latency which can make the game a total lag nightmare. so this is clearly your last result.

Now, right now, the current version of Demigod uses a connectivity server that ONLY does option 2. That's because it was decided early on that users shouldn't have to open ports. This, IMO, should NEVER have been the first option because when you force even technically sophisticated users into this system, you end up having a LOT of unnecessary connections to these NAT servers.

So, I feel confident that this next week is going to be the turning point for those people who have had connectivity difficulties PLUS the whole range of stat stuff, pantheon stuff, etc. will all come into line as well because, as I've said elsewhere, because the connectivity thing was our #1 priority, everyone, including the people who would resolve favor items and favor points and accurate win/loss stuff have been pulled onto this.

Heck, this past week, I had the ART team from Elemental working on doing benchmarks for speeing up NAT (That's where we finally concluded that NAT, for P2P is just feasible when there's thousands of players, it would simply require so many NAT servers, located around the world, to make it not totally awful that it wasn't financially logical - we'd be better off just hosting all the traffic which is better anyway).

We absolutely do not want to do any more "betas". The betas don't really solve our problems. We're getting rave emails from people in support today saying how this beta "totally fixes connectivity". NO, it doesn't. The only reason it seems that way is because there's so fewer people using the beta servers. If you check impulsereactor.dll, it's still the same one from day 0. So the betas don't really help because it gives us the same false sense of success that the actual open beta had.

The other problem with the beta is that it splits the multiplayer community which is really a problem. Right now, the Demigod MP community is fragmented. You've got a ton of people on Game Ranger. a Bunch of people on Himachi, others on Demigod release and some on the beta. And you get some very poor results hwen you play Skirmish or Pantheon or just find games.

Now one of the things that I've always been painfully aware of in online games is that you need a critical mass of users to make it work. With Demigod, we have some plans on how to make sure there's always lots of people to play with once the MP is bullet proof both in terms of connectivity and stat tracking. As someone who has been ejected from a pantheon game during connection, I know we have to do some QUICK changes to some of this stuff in order for the MP experience to have any integrity.

First, one of the things we did is we have everyone's email address who has updated the game. When we start the next-gen pantheon with favor points, achievements, favor items, stat tracking, disconnects dealt with and of course bullet proof MP (all of which I expect to be done this week) we will email everyone letting them know where we are at.

Second, the Stardock marketing push will actually begin. After that day 0 debacle with the MP connectivity being so crummy, I made marketing halt all Demigod marketing efforts. Those will go into high gear probably in the third week of May.

Third, and this is where we need your help: The demo. We will be working with GPG on the demo but I was thinking of proposing that the demo for Demigod be multiplayer ONLY. Moreover, I would like the demo players to be able to play online with legitimate players. Here's where we need your help: What do you think would be a good way to limit this demo then in order to get people to still buy the game?

Fourth, we plan to start formal Demigod tournaments with cash and prizes for the winners.

Fifth, Stardock is working on an update to Impulse Reactor that will allow people to have more control over the types of people people are matched up with. Think of it being like eHarmony but for gaming. You'll be able to describe the type of gamer you are and the match making system will pick out people for you. This feature is actually being developed for Elemental but because Demigod uses Impulse Reactor, it'll get that for free.

Sixth, Stardock moderators will soon be introduced into the online community. This will probably happen in mid-May. The idea is, if we have forum moderators, why not multiplayer ones? Their job will be to provide enjoyable multiplayer experiences (i.e. good sports, skilled player, etc.) PLUS they will be able to add or subtract in-game karma from players. People who are just nasty or horrible to other players will lose karma points. People who are good sports and good citizens will get points. Those with higher karma will tend to get matched up. Yes, we know this is controversal. Players will see the karma as part of their account and there will be a way for users who feel they were unfairly negated to appeal.

Seventh, all people who have bought Demigod at retail or direct up May 10th (and didn't return the game obviously) will be getting a coupon that will let them purchase a second copy of Demigod for 50% off for a limited time as a way for us to show appreciation for this community that has put their faith and trust in us.

Thanks everyone!
Fonte

Volto a relembrar que até dia 10 de Maio podem comprar o Demigod e irão receber um vale de 50% de desconto. Ou seja, basta arranjarem outra pessoa interessada ou simplesmente pedirem o tal vale a alguém que já adquiriu o jogo para terem a oportunidade de adquirir o Demigod por €14,89.

É uma excelente oportunidade, alguém interessado?

Volto a relembrar que até dia 10 de Maio podem comprar o Demigod e irão receber um vale de 50% de desconto. Ou seja, basta arranjarem outra pessoa interessada ou simplesmente pedirem o tal vale a alguém que já adquiriu o jogo para terem a oportunidade de adquirir o Demigod por €14,89.

É uma excelente oportunidade, alguém interessado?

Sabes como posso pedir o tal vale? Comprei pela Impulse e não vejo nada parecido com um vale por aqui.

Vou postar o artigo da RPS porque o post original do Wardell ainda é longo (podem encontrá-lo aqui):

That there wasn’t a demo of a game that proved so hard to describe in a single sentence is one of several perplexing decisions around the launch of Gas-Powered Games/Stardock’s action-strategy thingy Demigod. Stardock’s Brad Wardell has shoved up another of his irregular state of play updates, and alongside another apology for those awful multiplayer problems in the game’s first week, he reveals plans for a demo and two new Demigods. Waroo!

The post largely goes into exactly what exploded in those first weeks, exactly what’s been and what will be fixed, and whether he thinks this whole mess ultimately harmed the game. Interesting reading, and this bit really sweetens the deal:
We’d probably already have a demo out if we hadn’t been messing with this. But yes, there will be a demo. In all likelyhood, it will probably be a multiplayer only demo since we want to reassure people when the demo comes out that connectivity is totally nailed and bullet proof.”

Which is a) great news and b) about damn time for folk who’ve held off from buying the game because they’re either not quite sure what it is or have been put off by the network-fail saga. I would guess at there being a pretty darn meaty new promotional effort once the multiplayer’s truly, finally fixed, in fact - almost a second launch for the game. Perhaps, too, that’ll be when these two new Demigods he mentions as being in development (no details beyond that) will launch.

Tenho um cupão para oferecer, quem o quiser que peça por PM.

(Atenção que só é válido até dia 29 Maio)

Última edição:
CUPÃO VÁLIDO ATÉ HOJE

Bem, parece que ninguem está interessado, como o código vai à vida, fica aqui para quem quiser:

Coupon Code: DG-RTBG-OYJX-DOYF
(Digital version only)

Hoje é o ultimo dia, aproveitem.

Finalmente deu-me na cabeça para testar o Demigod. Até agora estou a gostar, embora não tenha jogado muito.

Por enquanto estou a fazer TBB (Try Before Buy), já sei que estão a pensar mal de mim, de qualquer modo, como acho que é um bom jogo estou a juntar os trocos para o ir comprar.

Como não posso utilizar o Internet Mode, já que ainda não tenho conta, quem estiver interessado numa partidinha pode adicionar-me ao GameRanger.

GameRanger Nickname: Hell_Shoot

PS: Já adicionei algumas pessoas que disponiblizaram o Nickname ou Mail.

Não sei onde meter isto, mas aqui vai.
Tenho um coupon de 20% desconto sobre QUALQUER jogo em ImpulseDriven.com.
Só é válido até 15 de Junho, e como não estou a pensar comprar nada dou ao primeiro que enviar um pm.

[edit]
Não sei se o desconto se aplica a compra de cópia física, no e-mail apenas diz:
"It's 20% off of any item on ImpulseDriven.com."

Última edição:
Back