PC/Mac/Linux Doom 3

Originally posted by |Oc|CRASH_OVer
mais um SlideShow game....va lá, ao menos são fotografias bonitas

Heresia! 8o
Toma!
twak.gif

;)

Detalhes do Doom 3 na QuakeCon 2002

"Id Software talks about the technical and design details of its upcoming first-person shooter.

Id Software talks about the technical and design details of its upcoming first-person shooter.
While there are a number of competitions taking place, and also quite a few games on display at QuakeCon 2002, there's no doubt that the main event of the show is id Software's presentation on Doom III this afternoon. Several of the game's developers took the stage for a 30-minute presentation on the game's technical and design elements, discussing subjects like monster animation, the in-game editor, game audio, and scripting, before John Carmack took over for his annual keynote address. In the course of the long presentation and subsequent question-and-answer session, id revealed a number of new details on the game.

At this point, id's fans are most interested in hearing about how Doom III will play. However, the developer showed a few new technical features that will add directly to gameplay. The presentation demonstrated the sophisticated new physics system in the game, built by id's Jan Paul van Waveren, which will provide real-time ragdoll physics so that monsters crumple realistically as they die, roll down stairs, and pile on top of one another. The game also has per-polygon hit detection, and the physics apply to regular objects, like boxes and hanging lights in the world. Boxes can be knocked off a shelf and pushed by gunshots across the floor, and shooting a light can start it swinging, casting dynamic shadows as it moves.

The game will contain some outdoor areas, and Carmack pointed out that some graphics effects were specifically added to add realism to the sandy and rocky martian terrain. Carmack described sequences where players will be dumped out of the airlock into the thin martian atmosphere and must find safety before they suffocate.

Doom III won't have objectives as simple as the original Doom game, which featured repeated quests for colored keycards, but there will be door puzzles. The computer consoles that control various parts of the base are actually quite sophisticated. As the player approaches a console, the weapon drops out of view and a cursor pops up on the console screen that can be controlled with the mouse. The animated console interface looks much like a Web page and an id developer mentioned that putting together the interface content is like working in Web HTML. There's a mission interface that pops up in the upper right part of the screen to show objectives that players have yet to accomplish. Despite these obstacles in the player's path and the deliberately slow movement speed, Carmack said that Doom III will not be "an extremely long game," but not as short as some recent shooters. He predicted that there will be those who may "obsessively" play through it in a weekend.

During the presentation, we got to see some new parts of the game. One new monster we hadn't seen previously is the revenant (a creature returning from Doom II), which wields shoulder-mounted rocket launchers. We also got to see some of the game's idle animations. The pinkie monster, the fierce four-legged creature previously seen in screenshots chewing on the stomach of a fat zombie, has an idle animation where it wags a phantom tail--its hindquarters have been replaced with mechanical legs.

Doom III should have the full complement of classic Doom weapons. In the demos, we've seen a basic pistol, shotgun, and chain gun, as well as an assault rifle. Id also confirmed that there will be a rocket launcher and BFG. The railgun and chainsaw are also in the spec, but are not final.

Quite a few fans have expressed concern that they won't have a fast enough PC to play Doom III when it comes out, but Carmack repeatedly said the game was designed for the GeForce256 and GeForce2 generation of cards and also commented that a 1GHz CPU will likely be the recommended minimum. Anyone can get into the QuakeCon show floor in Mesquite, Texas, and see a modified version of the demo that got people so excited at E3. At E3 the demo was running at 640x480 at medium detail levels, but at QuakeCon, the settings have been increased to 800x600 at high quality levels. In both cases, the hardware is the same: a 2.2GHz Pentium 4 and a Radeon 9700--ATI's soon-to-be-released graphics card. The higher resolution for the QuakeCon demo is due to new ATI drivers and general optimizations.

Carmack also revealed a few surprising details about Doom III's multiplayer. Id has always said that Doom III will be primarily a single-player game, and the company stated at E3 that the multiplayer would largely be restricted to deathmatch. However, Carmack admitted that even the game's deathmatch will be limited by certain engine considerations. The games will be limited to a much smaller number of players than other recent id games. The current estimate is a maximum of four players, so it'll be better suited to one-on-one and two-on-two matches. Carmack also said that players won't be able to join a match in progress. Nonetheless, id does have real plans for more serious multiplayer options for Doom III, which Carmack said would come either in a separate product, perhaps as an expansion pack.

While id's official company line is that Doom III will be released "when it's done," Carmack admitted in a roundabout way that the company hopes to have Doom III done before E3 next May, so as not to be "one of those companies" that shows a game at multiple E3 shows."
fonte: gamespot.com

doom_screen003.jpg

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

MAIS PICS AQUI!!!

Tive a ler agora uma notícia indicando que o jogo vai sair também para XBOX e segundo o Carmack será visualmente indêntico à versão PC que vimos na E3.
No entanto só vão começar a portar para a XBOX depois de terem terminado a versão PC por isso a versão XBOX só deve sair lá para fim de 2003 ou talvez mesmo 2004! :P

Aquela imagem é do Doom3? O_o E eu que acabei de comprar uma Ti 4200 :-( BEm, sacrificios tem que ser feitos em nome da evolução senão ainda estaria-mos a jogar a 320x240 num jogo onde a grande evolução do momento seria a possiblidade de fazer crouch ....

Entrevista com Tim Willits, lead designer do Doom III

what inspired you to do game design?

Well, I’ve always been interested in designing things, like my brother, my older brother, used to play D&D when I was younger, I never really liked to play but I thought making maps was cool. When Doom II came out it was great because it gave me the chance to make my own maps and modify their maps, and it was really cool because it gave me the chance to be able to run around in worlds that I built and it really inspired me, and the rest is basically history.

so how is the development of Doom III coming?

It’s coming well, the core technology is basically done, as john said yesterday and we’re working on finishing up the maps and we got some new monsters, and we’re just getting that stuff worked out...

podem ler o resto em:
http://www.gaminginvasion.com/index.php?article=68

mais screenshots do DOOM III

Vejam aqui...

http://www.thedigitalresource.com/images/doom3/

doom3cover.jpg

Virgem nossa... 8o

Como o Strakata disse uma vez no IRC... :D

"Se calhar para jogar isto será precisso fazer um upgrade ao teclado"

Bom por enquanto o jogo só vai correndo a 800x600 numa ATI 9700 Pro... :D

Mas acho exagerado...8o 8o 8o

PS-Achei piada a data.... Dezembro de 2002... :D

Bem já tinha visto, um coisa parece-me estranha tipo a cara do heroi parece que tem menos detalhe do que deveria (e confesso que acho que quando o jogo realmente sair não vou ficar tão impressionado como fiquei ao principio a ver aquele video do "jogo" ..não sei por que..)

Nov2002? Se calhar queriam era dizer 2003!

Quanto ao hardware acredito que a Radeon9700 corra o jogo na boa a 1024 (desde que com um cpu potente à mistura)!

Ok que é dif mas com o UT2k3 o people tb tava já todo a entrar em paranoia (vai ser diferente eu sei mas a ideia base mantem-se)

E depois também disse do género:
"Claro que "This is an in-game screenshot", é só ter em conta que a Introdução também faz parte do jogo" :P

Acho que o pessoal ainda nao se apercebeu da bomba que este jogo vai ser (pelo menos tecnicamente)... este jogo so vai correr no maximo com a melhor maquina do verao de 2003!!

Acho que vai ser um salto brutal a nivel de graficos e a nivel de ambiente de jogo... falta apenas ver a jogabilidade e a AI e afins.

QUERO O DOOM 3!!! :D :D

Back