PC/Mac Worms 3D

pela imagem q o korben postou n me parece q va ter mto sucesso, axo q se deve tornar um pouco confuso com o factor Z ( profundidade ) para enviar granadas... mas so exprimentando...

Originally posted by |BAS|
pela imagem q o korben postou n me parece q va ter mto sucesso, axo q se deve tornar um pouco confuso com o factor Z ( profundidade ) para enviar granadas... mas so exprimentando...

Yah podiam ter metido tudo em 3D mas limitado a um movimento "2D".

podiam ter feito um jogo em 3d onde que fosse como os outros worms, os cenarios podiam ficar so 2d... ou seja apenas X e Y, o Z nos cenarios deste jogo vai estragar tudo...

Re: 3D SUCKZ!!! ( you know what i mean :D )

Originally posted by banid0
ya ja agora que tal postarem jogos que passaram de 2d pa 3d e melhoraram? assim de repente nao me lembro de nenhum...

assim de repente

DUKE NUKEM 3D

ou em continuação mais directa do DN1 e DN2 O DN Manhattan Project

Originally posted by banid0
super mario em 3d? kual e? n to a ver :D...
Super Mario 64, tb está demais :)

Última edição:
Há que ter em consideração que muitos jogos quando mudaram para o 3D mudaram de género. Por exemplo o DUKE NUKEM era um jogo de plataformas+shooter e passou a ser um FPS.

Aliás hoje em dia há remakes de jogos que pouco aproveitam do original excepto o NOME.

Os Fifas sinceramente prefiro os 2D... acho que davam mais pica.

O Street Fighter quando passou para 3D acho que perdeu a piada...

Cada vez mais a industria dos Jogos mexe com mais €€€ e mta gente entra no negócio sem perceber um cu disto. O eye-candy nem sempre é necessário em todos os jogos.

Originally posted by Korben_Dallas
Há que ter em consideração que muitos jogos quando mudaram para o 3D mudaram de género. Por exemplo o DUKE NUKEM era um jogo de plataformas+shooter e passou a ser um FPS.

Aliás hoje em dia há remakes de jogos que pouco aproveitam do original excepto o NOME.

por acaso tava a fazer o edit para corrigir mais o sentido do post

O Mario 64 em vez de eclipsar os anteriores acho que co-existe bem com eles. Os Marios da Super Nintendo (e agora GBA) continuam a ser dos melhores jogos de plataformas de sempre!

Originally posted by possessed
Super Mario 64, tb está demais :)

tipo... LOL nem sei komo me eskeci desse..mas se me dessem a escolher , pelo que me da mais pika/mais gosto eskolhia os 2d , akeles da nintendo que foram falsificados nakelas konsolas rascas (kurti BUES o jogo do pato e o do saloon ke eram kom a pistola :P )

Originally posted by Korben_Dallas
O Mario 64 em vez de eclipsar os anteriores acho que co-existe bem com eles. Os Marios da Super Nintendo (e agora GBA) continuam a ser dos melhores jogos de plataformas de sempre!

vai de encontro a minha opiniao..mas eu sou mais radical pois prefiro os 2D :D :D

PS: n facam smileys 3D :P :004: :009: :003: :puke: :rolleyes:

por exemplo o Prince of Persia 3D suckou! e o 1 era um show (para a epoca), parece que o novo POP parece tar nice.

Sobre este worms, bem... aqueles graficos metem-me uma noja!

2D Forever,

sensible soccer saiu mais alguma coisa desde a uns anos pra ca? aquilo é que era um jogao

Entrevista

The Worms series is certainly one of the most unusual games to ever achieve hit status and later this year the development team at UK based Team 17 will bring the action-strategy series to a new dimension with Worms 3D for both consoles and the PC. HomeLAN got a chance to chat with Team 17's Martyn Brown to find out more about their plans for Worms 3D.

HomeLAN - Why was it time to revisit the Worms universe?

Martyn Brown - Actually we've been planning the 3d implementation of the game for some years, however we simply felt that we wouldn't do it until we knew we could do the game without making major compromises. To summarise, this meant that we'd need a fully free-form deforming environment technology, which gulps down a fair few polygons. In late 2001, we thought that it was about time to crack on with it - so we started prototypes and planning the game.

HomeLAN - What were the development team’s main goals in creating Worms 3D?

Martyn Brown - We wanted to take the feel of the 2d game into 3d without compromise and do all the things we felt were cool in 2d, in 3d. This was a considerable challenge and it's been interesting to see people's reactions when they see the game since most assume it's going to be something of a mess given the heritage of the 2d game.

HomeLAN - What can you tell us about the storyline for Worms 3D?

Martyn Brown - Story! There was this bunch of worms and they started this war.. that's about as complex as it gets.

HomeLAN - How does having a 3D perspective change the gameplay?

Martyn Brown - Not as much as you would probably think. We're very happy that a lot of the 2d play has remained intact and the 3d environments have meant a big increase in the strategy and allowed expansion of the weapons.

HomeLAN - What hints can you give us as to the weapons that will be in Worms 3D?

Martyn Brown - You'll find all the old favourites, many with a new lease of life in 1st person, 3rd person or totally rejuvinated (jet-pac particularly). We plan a few surprises, too :)

HomeLAN - What kinds of levels and settings will be seen in the new game?

Martyn Brown - The environments are massively diverse. As well as an infinite range of random 3d levels, you could be fighting on a normandy beach one mission, clambering up a giant beanstalk the next and jet-packing around a massive sea monster after that. Diverse, in a word :)

HomeLAN - What multiplayer gameplay modes will be supported in Worms 3D?

Martyn Brown - Through our "Wormpot" mode machine we've got stacks of different game modes, in addition to the old favourties. Players can also make their own up and swap them (aren't we kind).

HomeLAN - What other unique gameplay features will Worms 3D have?

Martyn Brown - In terms of "unique" I think it's a very different style of game, there's certainly nothing else like it around.

HomeLAN - What can you tell us about the graphics engine that Worms 3D uses and its features?

Martyn Brown - Worms3d uses a new hybrid polygon-voxel engine (we call our material "poxels") which allows us to destroy & deform the environment entirely, in an unscripted way. Pretty much how the lands used to destroy in worms2d, but this time in 3d. This was a complex problem, given how 3d cameras work and we had to develop new tools and technology for it - as a result it has it's own look and works well on all our target machines (PC & Console).

HomeLAN - Will the game be “mod friendly” in any way?

Martyn Brown - We'll be shipping the PC tool we used to develop levels with the game, so people can make their own weapon schemes, environments and game-modes. We expect the community to be a hive of activity!

HomeLAN - What differences, if any, will there be between the various console versions and the PC version of Worms 3D?

Martyn Brown - There are spot difference in terms of additional effects where the hardware allows, such as water effects - but mostly it's consistent right across the board.

HomeLAN - What is the current status of the game’s progress and when will it be released?

Martyn Brown - We're probably around 65% complete and things are coming together very quickly due to a well organised team - we're fully expecting it to hit the shelves on all formats in October.

HomeLAN - Finally, is there anything else you wish to say about Worms 3D at this time?

Martyn Brown - I'd go check out www.worms3d.com and read the dev diary!
fonte: HomeLan

Q&A

The following Worms 3 related questions were answered by Martin Brown (Team17 Development Director), as part of an interview featured in the June issue of the Romanian PC Games magazine. The following is actually the "english source" for that translated Q&A, so it should provide quite a decent reading :).

J.ro: Worms (Plus) was my first Worms title, and one of the very few games to keep me up through the whole night - without noticing! And many people that played a Worms 2 game found it just as addictive. How will this new installment stand out from the "wormy crowd"? What are your dark plans for converting the 2D-faith-keeping fans?

Team17: Worms3D is a big, big leap for the game. If truth be told, a lot of people really didn’t believe that the game could work so well in 3d for a lot of reasons, including having a fully destructible 3d environment. For technical reasons we hung on until the time was right in terms of being able to do the game as we felt it should be done. The result really is the feel and look of the 2d game but in 3d dimensions, with fantastic environments and all the features that players know and love. This time though, it’s a game that feels natural in it’s 3d progression rather than being done in 3d for the sake of it.

J.ro: Is Worms 3 going to maintain that extremely ludicrous fun we had when playing previous titles (like yanking a grenade at your commrades by mistake, and seeing them gently slip over the edge, into the molten lava...)? Or will it actually add to the "flattened" gameplay, taking it a step further?

Team17: It maintains and exceeds the fun by adding a lot of new possibilities to the weapons, strategic options, variety of landscape and in particular through visual realisation and animation.

J.ro: Although it didn't take very long to figure out all the gizmos from the previous Worms titles, as the controlls were very basic, it seemed to me you could never get that bazooka to fire precisely where you wanted it to. Isn't Worms 3 going to be a bit... weird, with respect to aiming, movement, camera and such?

Team17: We felt initially that this might be one of the bigger problems with the game, but to be honest it feels fine. It takes a few shots to get used to – and you get better with practice, even if you never master it. In fact, this corresponds very closely with the 2d game. It’s a little like aiming in golf games although it’s carried out pretty much like the 2d game.

J.ro: With the third dimention, I suppose there are going to be some other changes in gameplay, as well. Could you point out some of these?

Team17: Actually there are fewer than you think. As I said earlier, I think a lot of people didn’t really expect the game to perform well in 3d. The rope has been compromised to a certain extent because that causes way too many problems in 3d due to camera movement and intuitive controls. However, the rope WILL be in the game, that’s not to say it isn’t. However, many people have found that the new 3d Jet-pac is THE way to travel!

J.ro: Can we still make those cool underground tunnels, huge blast craters and suspended girder-bridges?

Team17: You can do all of that and more.

J.ro: How exactly do you guys plan on achieving all these, and mainly how is the world built - visually? What technologies do you use for rendering the lanscape, and how will the game objects fit into the picture?

Team17: All of the game effects have been developed using our own proprietary technology. It’s based on a voxel engine, whereby the voxels are wrapped in polygons – we call them poxels. These poxels can be manipulated, bent and stretched in almost anyway imaginable and the result is that we have a 3d environment material that can recreate Wormy environments, totally free-form destruct and maintain all the key ingredients of 2d worms (i.e. floating 3d land, tunnels etc). In addition we’ve developed a 3d landscape editor (will ship with the PC version) and also a full random level generator which produces fantastic looking levels ad infinitum!

J.ro: When you reffer to the landscape as "crumbling" (on the Worms3 website), does that mean a chunk of candy will actually fall on the poor worm when it has nothing to sustain its weight? Is there any diffrence between the game objects and the lanscape, in terms of "breakability"? Or is it just good old 2D-Worms in 3D?

Team17: Any land fragments that are left, float – exactly the same as in 2D. Its a game mechanic we wanted the same. Everything is breakable and destructible!! All of it – and without restriction. (We do have an indestructible setting, but we hardly use it).

J.ro: Can you give us some example of the more exotic (new) weapons we'll see in Worms 3? Which are the old ones, that you just couldn't part with? (I love that screenshot you released with the banana-bomb sunset ;P)

Team17: We’ve a number of new weapons that we’re actually keeping under our hat for now so that they’re a surprise for when the game ships. We’ve been concentrating on developing the games with core weapons – the ones you really can’t do without, our thinking is that the mainstay of the game must work well, feel good before you add the lunatic stuff (and there is plenty of that planned). Most of the classic Wormy weapons are back in full 3D.

J.ro: I'm particularly puzzled by how the Ninja Rope would work in this new environment... so I'm really affraid to ask - will there still be such a thing? Some of the funniest Worms-moments came from using such "un-ethical" equipments. Which are the ones that will not make it into the third installment?

Team17: The rope will be changed a little (there’s no way it can work in our technology to the same effect as 2d) but will make it. A number of other weapons such as the bow also haven’t made it since the scale of a simple bow in 2d is really too small to do a lot of damage, so we’re replacing things like that – the ones that stay are the ones that work really well.

J.ro: How accessible will the map editor be to the general public in terms of "user-friendlyness", and what will it offer?

Team17: Its a professional tool used by our people here. It’s meant as a take it or leave it thing. The editor takes a little getting used to, but the possibilities are almost infinite. It’s perhaps easier to use than a 3D modelling package since it uses different technology. With the editor you can create almost anything. However, I think the majority of users will be happy with the random levels and the many, many levels in the game.

J.ro: Will there still be Sudden Death? How 'bout Teleporting? How 'bout Kamikaze? How 'bout lollipops? :)

Team17: Yes there is sudden death and rising water, teleporting is in – kamikazee has changed forms. No lollipops for now!

J.ro: Finally, the press relase dating from august 2002 also mentions a "yet-to-be-announced" Worms title. Is there any chance you could expand on that idea? ;)

Team17: Not at the moment, sorry!

J.ro: Thanks for your time and for all the worms you gave us so far. We're looking forward to many-many more!

Team17: No problem – we hope you will be delighted with Worms3D!

http://www.jucaushii.ro/read_art.php?aid=185

02.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

13.jpg

24.jpg

26.jpg

31.jpg

Última edição pelo moderador:
demo out

Team17 Software have released a playable demo of Worms 3D, allowing you to try out this 3D turn-based strategy game. The demo includes one map playable in turns between two players on the same computer. Worms 3D should be available in October 2003. Mirrors: 3DGamers, WorthPlaying, LoadedInc.

The game-play remains unchanged, featuring turn-based fighting and relying on the player to judge the trajectory and strength of their shots in order to inflict maximum damage on opponents. All the favorite weapons such as bazooka, grenade, dynamite, air strike and sheep are present including some new additional ones. Defensive tactics can also be employed as you choose to dig in with buildings, trenches, sandbags or fortifications, whilst buildings on the landscapes can also provide shelter against attacks.

Podem sacar a demo aqui:

http://www.worms3.com/
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/worms3/
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=13071
http://www.loadedinc.com/news.php?id=2404

Quem o jogar que vá dando feedback!! :001:

Back