Pidgin (former Gaim)

Ainda não está perfeito... se apanharem bugs, reportem! Não fiquem sentados há espera que o suporte oficial do pidgin venha um dia a ser alguma coisa em modos.

A 2.7.1 deve de estar mesmo a sair...

Se querem saber novidades dessa versão:

Coming soon, to a Pidgin near you...
Direct connections for MSN! What do I mean? Just take a look at the screenshot below.

FileTransfers.png

What's that? You don't see it? Just take a look at how fast it's going. Yes, that's right; it's not a pitiful 10KiB/s, but about an order of magnitude faster.

It all started with this little patch on trac. But it required a lot of work to get it going. I must have made at least 60 commits just fixing things and getting it to cooperate with aMSN and the official client. I think it should be good now, but you can always disable it in the Account options. It even makes buddy icon and custom emoticon loading faster.

Anyway, I promised I would say something about 2.7.1, and here you go. Direct connections will be in 2.7.1. In fact, I'm just about to push all the revisions.

Finalmente! :) Parece que sempre vão conseguir por as DT a funcionar antes do msn-pecan (sem problemas)... ;)

Ainda não foi oficalmente anunciado, mas já está disponivel para download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pidgin/files/Pidgin/2.7.1/

No ficheiros NEWS pode-se ler isto:
2.7.1 (05/29/2010):
Elliott: Hey, I'm first! How did that happen?! Maybe because of the
interesting changes in this release. Sure there were quite a few bug
fixes, but I know what you've all been waiting for is the direct
connections in MSN. Trust me, it's really really fast!!

John: Whoa, short turnaround for us. This is just 17 days after our
previous release! This fixes a number of bugs that you've all been
reporting a ton of duplicate tickets about and even gives you the new
direct connection file transfer support for MSN. Enjoy!

Great news! :)

version 2.7.2 (07/21/2010)

View all closed tickets for this release.

AIM and ICQ
Fix a crash bug related to X-Status messages that can be triggered by remove users. This is CVE-2010-2528.
Fix a rare crash bug caused by certain incoming SMS messages (discovered by Jan Kaluza--thanks Jan!).
Change HTML sent from ICQ accounts so that official ICQ clients hopefully display it correctly.
MSN
Fix a crash related to fast buddy icon transfers.

Nova versão 2.7.2.

Sobre isto:

"... even gives you the new
direct connection file transfer support for MSN. Enjoy!"

Já tentei com pidgin vs pidgin e msn (microsoft) vs pidgin and same thing. Parece que a velocidade dos 4kb/s não é ultrapassada oO

2.7.3:

version 2.7.3 (08/10/2010)

General
Use silent build rules for automake >1.11. You can enable verbose builds with the --disable-silent-rules configure option, or using make V=1.
libpurple
Fix the TURN server settings (broken in 2.7.0).
Pidgin
Re-focus the input area after clicking the attention toolbar button.
Re-arrange media window to make it more netbook-friendly.
Finch
Rebindable 'suggest-next-page' and 'suggest-prev-page' actions for textboxes (GntEntry) to scroll through list of suggestions.
Rebindable 'dropdown' action for comboboxes (GntComboBox?) to show the dropdown list of options.
IRC
Fix non-ASCII arguments to /mode et al. (thanks to Max Ulidtko)
MSN
Support for web-based buddy icons, used when a buddy logs in to the messenger on the Live website.
Fix file transfers with some clients that don't support direct connections (e.g., papyon, telepathy-butterfly, etc.) (#12150)
MXit
Fix filename for the Shocked emoticon. (#12364)
Implement the new naming conventions where possible. (MXitId, etc)
Display a message in the Groupchat window when you invite somebody.
Birthday field in profile cannot be edited when server says it is locked.
If a buddy is offline, show in their profile when last they were online.
Handle pushed profile update packets (ie, when changing your avatar via the Gallery bot).
If a buddy is offline and we see from their profile that they have updated their avatar, request the new avatar image from the server.
Fix a possible crash if a link is clicked while disconnected.
Unescape any escaped characters in a chatroom nickname.
Add the new MXit moods and emoticons.
MXit emoticons added to the small emoticon theme.
XMPP
Allow connecting to servers that only advertise GSSAPI and expect a fallback to legacy IQ authentication (broken in 2.7.0).
Fix a crash when receiving custom emoticons that don't adhere to the specification.
When initiating a file transfer, don't show resources that are certain to not support file transfers in the resource selection dialog.
Fix connecting to servers using BOSH and authenticating with DIGEST-MD5 when libpurple was built with Cyrus SASL support.
Yahoo/Yahoo JAPAN
Renamed "Use account proxy for SSL connections" to "Use account proxy for HTTP and HTTPS requests" and tied the option to HTTP requests too.
Properly detect HTTP proxy server use when the HTTP proxy is the global proxy server, an account-level non-HTTP proxy server is configured, and the "Use account proxy for HTTP and HTTPS requests" account option is turned off. This fixes connecting for some HTTP proxy servers.
Fall back to connecting to scsa.msg.yahoo.com (not configurable) if the HTTP-based connect server lookup fails. This does not work for Yahoo JAPAN accounts.
Fix file transfers that get stuck with "Waiting for transfer to begin".
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ChangeLog

Para aí penúltima versão (tanto em linux como windows) crashava sozinha... Tirando essa falha nessa versão específica, nada a assinalar por aqui. Sempre impecável :D
Para windows existe uma versão portable, que anda na pen, e vai dando um jeitaço dos diabos!
Só é pena a falta de suporte para vídeo...

Tenho imensa dificuldade a usar o Pidgin no protocolo no MSN. Liga raramente e desliga-se com muita frequencia e depois não volta a ligar. Tenho router com dd-wrt e o meu ISP é a ZON. Terei que abrir algumas portas no router para o MSN? Uso por vezes o aMSN e não tenho nada configurado no router...
Uso o plugin do facebook e ligo-me sem dificuldades ao facebook!

Tenho imensa dificuldade a usar o Pidgin no protocolo no MSN. Liga raramente e desliga-se com muita frequencia e depois não volta a ligar. Tenho router com dd-wrt e o meu ISP é a ZON. Terei que abrir algumas portas no router para o MSN? Uso por vezes o aMSN e não tenho nada configurado no router...
Uso o plugin do facebook e ligo-me sem dificuldades ao facebook!

Eu nunca tive problemas desses. Só tive problemas de conexão quando os protocolos tem algum problema (coisa que acontece muitoooooo raramente).
Uso pidgin no linux/windows e nunca me crashou em linux e em windows crashou uma ou duas vezes.

Aparentemente resolvi o problema ligando-me por jabber ao messenger do sapo que tem os contactos do MSN. E em Linux nunca tive um crash do Pidgin.

Última edição:
Back