PS3 faz upscaling de DVD's

blastarr

Power Member
Para resoluções até 1080p:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/06/the-engadget-interview-peter-dille-sony-computer-entertainment/

Because, that's something that actually kind of turned some heads is when Microsoft announced 1080p support. They also announced that they were going to be adding DVD playback upscaling to 1080p, which is kind of something that is more or less unheard of in the consumer DVD playback market.

Right, so I guess from a Blu-ray perspective, Blu-ray movies are obviously 1080p capable; the Blu-ray player will upscale DVDs -- your question's about why not PS1 and PS2 games?

So you're saying the PlayStation 3 will upscale DVDs to 1080p?

Yes. Oh, yes.

Okay.

That's part and parcel of the Blu-ray technology. I thought you were questioning about the PlayStation game aspect.

Yeah, this is also about PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 games that are going to be played on the console.

Yeah, I don't know the answer to that, as I said. I thought that's what you're asking. Blu-ray does upscale the DVD movie experience. I'd have to check on the PlayStation -- we can get back to you on that.

Irrelevante.

Qualquer TV 1080p é topo de gama no momento, e concerteza têm um scaler topo de gama melhor do que o scaler de uma consola de 600€, penso eu de que...

Se tem não devia ter

A PS3 ou outra consola qualquer teoricamente tem muito mais potência de cálculo disponível que podia ser aproveitada para fazer um scaler imbatível

Se tem não devia ter

A PS3 ou outra consola qualquer teoricamente tem muito mais potência de cálculo disponível que podia ser aproveitada para fazer um scaler imbatível

Não questiono, mas o certo é que o meu LCD-TV (de classe media-baixa) faz um melhor upscale de 1280x720 para 1366x768 do que a Xbox 360, por isso é que a meti a 1280x720 e não a 1366x768 e a imagem e letras ficam mais definidas, pode ser que a PS3 faça um melhor trabalho, é capaz, têm hdmi.

Back