PS3 Top Spin 4 (2K Sports)

ekz_

Power Member
Top Spin 4 brings the competitive action of tennis to life like never before with redesigned controls, jaw-dropping player models and Signature Style animations, enhanced TV-style presentation elements, and one of the deepest player rosters to date featuring tennis' top athletes and legendary pros.

top-spin-4-screens-20100907064608803_640w.jpg

Preview IGN

2K kicked off the demo with a look at the introductory video to the game, which showcased many of the athletes who will make up "the largest lineup ever in a tennis game" according to 2K Sports. Among the most notable players in the trailer were Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi. While Pistol Pete appeared in the first Top Spin, this is the first time that the two greatest American tennis players in history will be able to compete against each other in the same game. As an added bonus, if you pre-order the game at GameStop you'll be treated to a downloadable Retro Agassi, long hair and all. No news yet on if his hair will be a removable wig.

The early demo that I got to play featured only Roger Federer and Andy Murray as playable characters on the very Arthur Ashe Stadium court where our demo took place. Ironically enough, Federer was actually wearing the same shirt in the game as he was in his match that day at the US Open, so it goes without saying that the look of the players is fairly accurate to the way they look in real life.

top-spin-4-screens-20100907064611693_640w.jpg

The same thinking applies to the player's movement as well. At least for most of the animations. 2K is bringing the same signature style moves that give life to its NBA 2K series to Top Spin 4, so if you're like me and know Federer's backhand from Sampras's, the game should show those differences. There were a few occasions in my time with Top Spin 4 when a forehand or backhand groundstroke would look more generic than it should've, but those instances were few in number.

Top Spin 4's gameplay is taking a slightly different approach than in previous years. For starters, there is now a three-tiered meter underneath your player that builds as you wind up for a shot. The more the meter builds, the harder and more accurate your shot will be. Of course, the pace and placement is also dependent on your ability to release the shot button (A for flat spin, B for top spin, X for slice and Y for lob) at the proper time in the animation. Failing to do so will yield a limp return and an easy put-away for your opponent.

The depth of this control mechanic was revealed the more I played. As in real tennis, if you hit a hard shot at your opponent, he's going to have less time to respond with a hard shot of his own. That translates in-game to your opponent having to hold their shot button as soon as you hit your aggressive shot to even have a prayer of reaching the third tier of power. It might sound a bit frustrating, but that's the nature of the game. The server has an instant advantage if he's able to slam a 130 mile per hour serve at you because you simply won't be able to react fast enough to fire an aggressive return back. Of course, if you're feeling daring you can always hold the right trigger during one of your shots to go for a risk shot or hold the left trigger to hit an inside out forehand or backhand. These different modifiers up the difficulty of the shot but can really help you get back in a point if you're scrambling. Oh, and Federer's 'tweener is definitely in Top Spin 4.

Other nuances include a turbo button, which helps you serve and volley and sprint for tough-to-reach shots, and a stamina gauge that depletes significantly through the course of a point. It also gradually loses pieces of its maximum allotment if you repeatedly run your player into the ground point after point.

top-spin-4-screens-20100907064606022_640w.jpg

One issue that I did have with the gameplay was that the speed of professional tennis wasn't quite present yet. My average serve speed when playing with Federer had to be just over 100, a far cry from his first serve speeds in real life despite me maxing out his meter every time. I'd like the developers to ship Top Spin 4 with one difficulty setting for amateur players where ball speeds are lessened and player movements are a bit more forgiving, and one mode for veterans where it's possible to crank the 130 mile per hour serves and thunderous groundstrokes that some of these players are known to hit.

Top Spin 4 is looking like a faithful addition to the sim series. It adds some nice wrinkles to the gameplay formula that lend themselves to the realistic nature of the franchise while making it a bit easier to simply pick up a controller and get into a match. Now if only they could provide two separate gameplay experiences – one for the hardcore and one for the mainstream fan – then Top Spin 4 would have all its bases covered.

Publisher: 2K Sports
Developer: 2K Czech
Release Date: Fevereiro 2011

Pagina oficial: http://2ksports.com/games/topspin4

onde se pode ver o primeiro trailer (link para o trailer no youtube), mais algumas imagens e mais alguma informacao.

RELEASE DATE: 15 de Marco, nao sei se esta é a data americana ou é lancamento mundial (apostaria em 18 de marco para o UK)

Capa americana:

topspin_skewed-box.png

Top Spin 4 redefines the way you experience the game of tennis. Intuitive controls make gameplay immediately accessible yet deep and rewarding for the tennis experts who want to plan their strategy, target their opponent's weaknesses and become an unstoppable force on the court. The most feature-rich title of the Top Spin franchise, Top Spin 4, puts you front and center of the professional tennis experience with the deepest player roster to date complete with 2K's Signature Style, an enhanced Player Creator with NEW Coaching and Development systems, an incredibly immersive Career mode, all-new visually stunning TV Broadcast presentation elements, and a fully online World Tour Mode. Do you have what it takes to rise above the competition and become #1 in the world?
REAL TENNIS - See, feel, and hear everything the pros do in a real tennis match. Watch as your player moves and swings exactly like its real life counterpart thanks to the addition of over 4,000 more Signature Style animations. As you rally with an opponent in a crucial point, listen as the crowd builds with intensity due to all-new crowd FX. From the life-like visuals of the world’s best players, to the faithful recreation of the world’s most hallowed courts and the unparalleled authenticity of the on-court gameplay, Top Spin 4 provides a breathtaking tennis experience.

INNOVATIVE CONTROLS - Immediately accessible for newcomers yet deep and rewarding for the tennis experts, intuitive game controls now allow gamers of any skill level to target their opponent’s weaknesses & become an unstoppable force on the court.

THE DEEPEST PLAYER ROSTER TO DATE - Featuring 25 of the world’s top pros and legends, all accurately replicated with 2K’s award winning Signature Style that incorporates player specific outfits, appearances, swing styles, behavioral AI, and celebrations.

NEW TV BROADCAST STYLE PRESENTATION - All-new visually stunning broadcast elements bring tennis to life like never before with pre-match animation sequences, diverse crowd reactions & audio effects, dynamic broadcast style camera angles, and much more.
Most Extensive Lineup of Tennis Stars Revealed for Top Spin 4

2K Sports announced today that Top Spin 4, the latest iteration of the Top Spin tennis simulation video game franchise, will feature professional tennis athletes Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams and Andre Agassi on its cover. This will mark the first time in a decade that Andre Agassi will be featured in an interactive entertainment experience. Top Spin 4 is planned for release on March 15, 2011 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ system.
“Tennis has been in my life for as long as I can remember,” said Andre Agassi, former No. 1-ranked player in the world, winner of eight Grand Slam singles tournaments and 17 ATP Master Series tournaments. “I hope that withTop Spin 4 players can enjoy the sport as much as I have.”
In development at 2K Czech, Top Spin 4 brings the competitive action of tennis to life like never before with redesigned controls, jaw-dropping player models and enhanced TV-style presentation elements. Each of the title’s top athletes and legendary pros will be equipped with 2K Sports’ Signature Style animations, including player-specific swing styles and behavioral AI, custom celebrations and outfits.

Top Spin 4 does a phenomenal job capturing the unique authenticity and highly competitive skills of these 25 world-class athletes,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “When playing Top Spin 4, we wanted consumers to feel they are playing more than a tennis game, we wanted them to feel like they are in a world title prize fight.”

Top Spin 4
features the largest roster in the franchise to date, including Andre Agassi, Bjorn Borg, Roger Federer, Jim Courier, Rafael Nadal, Boris Becker, Serena Williams, Patrick Rafter, Michael Chang, Dinara Safina, Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic, Ana Ivanovic, Ivan Lendel, Pete Sampras, Andy Roddick, James Blake, Caroline Wozniacki, Nikolay Davydenko, Gilles Simon, Bernard Tomic, Eugenie Bouchard, Stanislas Wawrinka, Vera Zvonareva, and Jelena Jankovic.
apesar de ser um roster interessante, parece-me algo curto....25 nomes divididos em quadro feminino, masculino e classicos nao me parece assim tanto. Se o roster for so este, sabe a pouco...isso da para ai uma duzia de nomes do quadro masculino onde faltam alguns nomes importantes como o soderling, ferrer ou tsonga por exemplo....no quadro feminino ainda temos menos......é verdade que tem alguns classicos.....mas para um modo carreira imerssivo como eles prometem eu preferia que tivessem apostado mais nos jogadores actuais...

Segundo se diz, existira compatibilidade com o MOVE e se for bem feito deve ser espectacular.....

em principio sera a minha primeira grande compra do ano.....

Última edição:
EG.net review - 8/10

Still, most of what Top Spin 4 has to offer is built on solid foundations. By putting accessibility and instant enjoyment at the forefront, 2K Czech has cast all the old frustrations aside at a stroke, and the fact the developer has eased passage into the game without sacrificing any of its depth is also remarkable. It feels as though a balance has been struck, which should suit players of all skill levels. Whether it will be enough to fend off the impending Virtua Tennis 4 is another matter, but for now it's safe to say the ball is back in SEGA's court.

não gostei muito do demo, mas também ainda só joguei uma vez e não acho que seja suficiente para ter uma opinião bem formada sobre o jogo.

Boas eu gostei e muito da demo(é pena ser muito curta), o meu jogo já vem a caminho(chega nesta 2ª feira).
Vamos ver se mais alguem compra o jogo para jogar com o pessoal aqui do forum.
Fernando

estou á espera do meu....contava que chegasse hoje mas isso nao aconteceu.....agora so para a semana....

ja tinha gostado do TS 3, e tambem gostei bastante da demo deste.
O estilo de controlo, onde é preciso ter timming e coordenacao da uma sensacao diferente e mais "realista" comparado com outros jogos do genero.....as movimentacoes dos jogadores tambem me parecem bem porreiras e fluidas.....

Eu vou comprar,ou este ou o VT,não sei qual é melhor. ;(

Experimenta a demo de ambos e tira conclusões ( para já apenas a do top spin 4 está disponível). Resumidamente posso te dizer que a principal diferença entre ambos é que o Top Spin pretende ser mais realista e o VT é mais arcade. Comprei o top spin 3 e gostei bastante. Este quando tiver mais barato vem cá para casa.

Back