Razer Copperhead em Mac

Boas. Alguém sabe se este rato funciona em Mac?

uma rápida pesquisa no google retornou nisto....

Eclipse278 disse:
I have a razer copperhead mouse that I am trying to get to work on my macbook pro. I know razer officially says no os x support, but I have found through google that some people have gotten it to work with Steermouse. (http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/)

I installed Steermouse and it does not detect the copperhead (which os x thinks is a keyboard). Google does not provide any help, so I was wondering if anyone here has experience with the Steermouse application or razer products in OS X.

Thanks!

cc bcc disse:
I had a viper which worked wonderfully with the standard mouse driver. I gave that to my dad (soon after which my mom's fluff ball of a dog ate it), and he purchased a copperhead for me.

I have yet to get the Copperhead to work. When I plugged it in, OSX thought it was a keyboard. When I installed the USB Overdrive driver (which I didn't need for the Viper), it didn't pick up the mouse. Looking in the Hardware Profiler showed a Razer Copperhead mouse though. Go figure.

I updated the mouse on my dad's Windows laptop the following week when he came to visit (yes, the Copperhead has firmware, and no, you can update it on anything but Windows).

After updating the firmware I plugged in back into my Powerbook (which had just had a fresh erase and install of OSX mind you) and again the new keyboard menu popped up. However, the cursor would actually move now and I could use the and right buttons. Unfortunately the cursor movement was too slow to be useful and no toying with settings changed that at all. USB Overdrive driver was tried again, but it still did not pick up the mouse.

I sent an email informing Razer of this (actually a few emails were involved) saying that if they didn't know if the mouse worked on a mac, they should state that on the product description as opposed to just linking to the USB Overdrive driver. I said if they felt the mouse should work in OSX, then to please replace mine (I'd prefer to keep using Razer as opposed to switching to Logitech) otherwise I'd need a refund.

I'm mailing the Copperhead back today, so I imagine next week I'll see if there's any change in this status. I have yet to read of an account of a Copperhead working on OSX, but then again, I'd expect to see more problem posts than "Hey, it works." posts.

Yeah I sent them an email about this last week. I don't own one, I was just curious after reading reports. They replied this:

"Currently, we do not supply Macintosh drivers for the Razer Mice. If you would like to use the Razer mouse with your Macintosh, you can download the USB Overdrive drivers from www.usboverdrive.com, which will allow the mouse to work.

NOTE: These are 3rd-party drivers, and we do not support the Razer mice on Macintosh. You can use the mouse on a Macintosh using these USB Overdrive drivers, but you will not be able to program the buttons."

And I know that they must know about the problems with the Copperhead and USB Overdrive.

And they also say that they don't have mac drivers for their mice, but that's also not true. The Razor Pro 1.6 has a mac driver. I'm awaiting reports (thanks sladuuch) about the functionality of this mouse and driver, because I want one despite the customer support!

parece que ainda não há solução...

A questão é que esse 2º post é de 2005. Eu sei que não há drivers oficiais mas será que o Overdrive já o suporta?
Epa, eu nem queria que os botões dessem todos. A mim bastava-me que o OS X não pensasse que ele era um teclado :P

EDIT: É que pelo google também achei isto: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/772867.html Por isso é que fiquei baralhado e queria saber se alguém aqui tinha experimentado.

Última edição:
Podes usar na boa...
Sei que anda ai pessoal do forum a usar um razer qualquer num Macbook.
Em termos de software deves ter que usar o USBOverdrive.
Mas vou procurar e já te deixo aqui uma imagem.

Edit: Espreita Aqui...

Última edição:
Bem, eu não sei o que se passa, mas eu estou a usar um razer copperhead num macbook pro e foi só ligar e ficou a funcionar imediatamente, incluindo todos os botões. Não te posso ajudar em como o pus a funcionar porque simplesmente funcionou. Agora se queres mesmo algum tipo de driver... penso que não há nada. Esse post que o se7en linkou acho que é mesmo do razer pro que tem drivers nativos da razer por isso a situação é diferente. Podes é tentar uma coisa. Eu tenho o último firmware do copperhead do site da razer. Tenta actualizar o teu caso não esteja e experimenta depois, precisas é de um computador com Windows...

Afinal acabei por não comprar o rato. =\
Um user aqui da techzone estava a vendê-lo barato mas quando lhe mandei PM ele disse-me que já estava reservado. Mas de qualquer maneira obrigado pela ajuda.

Back