[Review]ASUS P5N-E SLI nForce 650i SLI

mascarilha

I folded Myself
[ASUS P5N-E SLI nForce 650i SLI ]

It's been over 2 months since the NVIDIA NForce 680i SLI chipset has entered the market, and most of us have read reviews all over the internet regarding it's performance and overclockability. With boards based on the 680i SLI chipset debuting at over USD$200, partly due to the high cost of the chipsets itself for the Manufacturers, it slings a heavy Price Tag over an up-to-date SLI setup. This is where the 650i SLI chipsets steps in, and ASUS is the first to bring to market a board based on this dollar-wary chipset - ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard.

The ASUS P5N-E SLI definitely answers the call for a cost-effective solution for SLI + Intel Core 2 Duo. The NVIDIA NForce 650i SLI solution has it's place in the market, catering to the budget-conscious who would rather channel the savings towards other components, such as a better graphics card. The performance of this board is great, edging out many of the top boards slightly, especially when it comes to graphics performance. The penalty for running x8 x8 SLI on this board is not huge in most scenarios currently, and a 3-5% can be shrugged off easily. However, I suspect this margin to widen with upcoming games, some of which we have already seen in our tests. The overclockability of this board, in terms of FSB, is comparable to any 680i SLI boards out there - since it is running the C55 chipset like the 680i boards. This makes it all the more attractive for overclockers looking for SLI on the cheap, they with their capped Multipliers on their Core 2 Duo processors will appreciate the close to 500MHz FSB tolerance on this board. Going for USD$150 / SGD$240, this is one of the most value for money motherboards out there, and I was glad I took the time to try her out.

Review completa (benchs, OC, etc) >> http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4450

cumps

Última edição:
Back