Solus OS

Nunca experimentei o Budgie mas agrada-me, resta ver também quanto carga o sistema mas parece bastante fluido e não dá a sensação de ser de muita caga pelo que vi o menu tem muitas aplicações , ams depende de cada máquina.

Bom é isso tem boa apresentação.

“All I can say is hot damn I was just getting GDM + GNOME Shell together so we can ship them on Solus, and ran into a bug.
Currently my GDM build is having issues launching X sessions, which I will be resolving (obviously :P)
So.. these screenshots are actually of GNOME Shell 3.18 on Wayland, on Solus! ” wrote the leader of the Solus project, Ikey Doherty.

Instalei esta distro num portátil core2duo com 4gb de ram e graficos integrados e funciona bastante bem, o ambiente gráfico é funcional, leve e visualmente agradável, apesar de não ser extraordinário. Os repositórios são muito pequenos por enquanto, faz parte da filosofia da distro, mas não deixa de ser um ponto negativo e que evita que a considere para distro principal, mas para o uso que lhe pretendo dar neste computador é suficiente, portanto devo manter e ver como evolui.

Budgie Next
Work has progressed well on the rewrite of Budgie.

• The rewrite is now integrated into GNOME Session and uses its phase initialization system, so Budgie starts in the panel initialization phase and the window manager in the WindowManager phase.
  • Information such as whether dark theme is enabled, your widget theme, and icon theme are now integrated into Raven.
More here.

We will be releasing Solus 1.0 on the 25th. Happy holidays everyone!

We anticipate the final ISO will have:

• Skylake enabled, with the latest 4.3 kernel
  • AMDGPU driver support
  • libinput xorg driver replacing syntaptics and evdev input drivers
  • Intel + nouveau packages will be synced with latest git snapshots.
  • Budgie Rewrite to replace Budgie
nvidia 304 will be also declared sufficiently flaky at this point.

Good news, more here.

The Solus Project is proud to announce the release of the first version of its operating system, Solus, on 27th of December, 2015. Solus 1.0 is codenamed Shannon after the longest river in Ireland.

Solus 1.0 is the result of over eight months of work, coalesced from over a dozen contributors, over 2000 package builds, a rewrite of the premier desktop environment Budgie, and more.

Download

Experimentei no Virtualbox.

A primeira impressão é muito positiva. Muito polido.
No software center parece-me haver pouco software, mas foi das poucas coisas negativas que vi.

É um projeto a acompanhar. :)

Ta interessante mas tem muito arroz e bife para comer: appstore é mínima e nao percebi se ha algum sistema de optimizacao das janelas...o aspecto clean parece-me ser a bandeira mas ainda ta mt simples.

Enviado do meu Vodafone Smart Tab 4G através de Tapatalk

É verdade, ainda tem muito que evoluir.
Também à que lembrar que esta distro é toda ela contruída de raiz, mesmo o ambiente gráfico.

Exacto, está a começar do zero...ainda falta muito para chegar a outros patamares: o importante é ter comunidade.

Esta distro está mesmo a ser feita com que propósito? Vantagens face à concorrência?

Citando o que está no site da distribuição:
"We focus completely on the desktop, and believe users deserve a first-class desktop experience. No phablets here!"
"We believe an operating system should get out of your way, and do its job as well as it possibly can when it is needed"

Veremos...

Acho que Linux não está mais avançado por os esforços existentes se repartirem por centenas de distros...resultado é que as distros boas podiam ser ainda melhores e as piores acabam sempre mais cedo ou mais tarde por desaparecer...

Every bug that exists in our tracker as of today, will be resolved in the next 4 weeks.

Once those 4 weeks are up, and obviously there's an ISO in between that too, we're going to begin work on Solus 2.0. Now obviously, we're going to continue to improve 1.0, make no
doubt about that (And we're deliberately keeping the old X.Org to allow for AMD drivers, which are coming this week) - but we're going to start it all very very soon.

2.0 will in some ways be a different beast, but at the same time the same guiding principles. In short, it's an act of refinement.

There are some things that just will not be backported to 1.0, as it won't be technically feasible, but one of the first acts of 2.0 is to dramatically slim the footprint of the core of the operating system.

More here.

We are proud to announce the release of Solus 1.1, the first point release in the Shannon series of releases. Solus 1.1 builds upon the groundwork of 1.0 with subtle refinements and
improvements to Budgie, large core and graphics stack improvements, and furthers us on our journey to create something that you can just use, something that just works.

More and download here.

Back