Solus OS

Deixo aqui uns vídeos interessantes sobre a forma de utilizar os comandos eopkg, no terminal desta distribuição. Falado em português.

Saiu mais uma actualização para esta distribuição, que prima pela diferença. Sendo independente, um gestor de pacotes próprio e pela estética. Pessoalmente só utilizei em virtualbox, portou-se bem. Aqui as novidades da distribuição;

"Fonte Distrowatch"

Joshua Strobl has announced the availability of an updated release of Solus, an independent, desktop-focused Linux distribution. Besides the standard edition featuring the Budgie desktop (developed in house), this version also comes in a MATE variant as well as a brand-new GNOME 2.24 flavour: "We're proud to announce our second ISO image snapshot, 2017.04.18.0, across our Budgie and MATE editions, as well as our new GNOME edition. This snapshot is the culmination of months of work across nearly every aspect of our operating system, ranging from multiple under-the-hood upgrades and changes to improvements to our desktop experiences. This snapshot is the first to deliver bulletproof boot management out-of-the-box, leveraging clr-boot-manager to enable the maintenance and garbage collection of kernels, as well as configuration of the bootloader. Furthermore, clr-boot-manager enables the retention of known-working kernels, so you can always roll back to a prior kernel."

https://solus-project.com/2017/04/18/solus-releases-iso-snapshot-20170418-0/

Solus está cada vez melhor e mais personalizada. Pessoalmente nao gosto do Gnome, mas deixo aqui um video das novidades.

We’re also really excited to announce that Ikey will become a full-time Solus developer. His statement is as follows:

In 4 weeks from today I will be moving to Solus as a full time developer. Originally we planned to support “a developer” once we hit the $2500 goal.
However, I personally feel that this is a move I can now make myself. In doing so this will allow me to commit full time to Solus and all of it’s projects, bringing them up to the standards I want, with the features and experience that you deserve.

Whilst we have achieved a great deal so far, this has been through spare time. With this move I’m now able to dedicate all of my work hours to Solus, which in itself will result in a massive explosion in growth and development cadence for our project.

For clarification, I’m leaving my current job at Intel as a personal choice, and not a professional one. The four years I’ve spent as a software engineer and distribution engineer at Intel have helped mould me into the engineer that I am today.
I’ll always be grateful for the experience, knowledge and relationships I have as a result of that time, and will of course miss those that I’ve worked with. This transition is about me following my heart: Solus is my passion.

This move has been enabled by you, supporters of Solus. Together, as a community, we’re going to take Solus to new heights. I want to extend my personal thanks to all supporters and users of Solus, for placing your faith in me. Now, it is time to deliver on that faith.

Welcome come back, Ikey.

Solus 3 released. More here and download here.

Estou espantado com o quão intuitivo, estável e fácil de instalar foi esta distro. Aspeto limpo, software third-party útil no Software Center (como o Steam ou o Slack), animações fluídas, tema e ícones bem escolhido.

A única coisa que não está perfeita é a performance da minha gráfica. É uma AMD RX480, e no Rocket League tem muitos solavancos, tal como tinha no Ubuntu antes de instalar as drivers Mesa. Mas achei que essas drivers já estavam pré-instaladas no Solus. Alguém sabe o que possa estar a acontecer?

Os mesa são librarias gráficas e não drivers gráficos em sí são antes librarias que se adicionam àquilo que são os drivers de suporte gráfico e desempenho 3D.

No teu caso tens os fglrx → privados mantidos pela AMD para ATI's
Ou os radeon livres → mantidos pela comunidade mas nalguns casos com menos desempenho 3D.

Ou seja se instalas-te os Mesa e te resolveu, ou melhor te melhorou o desempenho deverias fazer o mesmo agora no Solus, apt-cache search mesa, ou no synaptic e instalas caso te retorne algum erro verifica se algo tem a ver com Kernel ou algo crítico e caso assim seja deverás recordar a versão de Kernel que então usavas no Ubuntu e tentar ver se essa versão está disponivel no Solus e instalá-la e seguir os passos imitando o que fizeste no Ubuntu.

https://mesa3d.org/

Solus 4 Coming January 2018 with Snap Support in Software Center.

"Software Center will have snap support and integrate the new LDM library that will gain a new hotplug-aware daemon, which will dynamically discover drivers and prompt
the user to install them, not just for stuff like NVIDIA GPUs, but stuff like Razer Mouse or even USB Brother printers, etc.," said Ikey Doherty exclusively for Softpedia.

If that's not enough for you, Solus 4 will also incorporate the latest Linux 4.14 LTS (Long Term Support) kernel series and Mesa 17.3 graphics stack so you can play
the newest Linux games with your Intel or AMD Radeon GPUs. Of course, it will also come with all the most recent security patches and software releases.

Stay tuned.

Solus 4 Coming January 2018 with Snap Support in Software Center.

"Software Center will have snap support and integrate the new LDM library that will gain a new hotplug-aware daemon, which will dynamically discover drivers and prompt
the user to install them, not just for stuff like NVIDIA GPUs, but stuff like Razer Mouse or even USB Brother printers, etc.," said Ikey Doherty exclusively for Softpedia.

If that's not enough for you, Solus 4 will also incorporate the latest Linux 4.14 LTS (Long Term Support) kernel series and Mesa 17.3 graphics stack so you can play
the newest Linux games with your Intel or AMD Radeon GPUs. Of course, it will also come with all the most recent security patches and software releases.

Stay tuned.

Estou com um problema, ou seja tenho uma broadcom 4313, e via live iso a wifi não é ligada nem detetada. Que aconselhas através do cabo ethernet e instalo o driver necessário?

Já vi vários users com esse problema, não me lembro da solução neste momento. Experimenta com o cabo, pode ser que funcione.

Consegui resolver instalei via cabo e instalei este pacote "broadcom-sta" e resolveu. Gostei da distribuição, tem kernel-lts, como tinhas mencionado, não tem o chromium, browser que utilizo mais vezes. Tem Vivaldi e Google-chrome, mas achei o instalador de drivers proprietários espetacular, tenho uma placa hibrida e apenas precisei de "clicar" que fez todo o trabalho incluindo o bumblebee. Reiniciei e voilá, a funcioanr direito "á lá windows". Boa distribuição, sem dúvida.

We’re really excited to bring everyone this new Software Center for Solus 4 and while it’s still a work-in-progress, we wanted to share the work we’ve done so far, so here’s an early preview!

More here.

Acabam de sair as novas isos, desta distribuição. Com bastantes novidades, mantendo os 3 "sabores" Gnome, Mate e Budgie.

We are proud to announce the availability of Solus 3.9999, our ISO refresh of Solus 3. This refresh enables support for a variety of new hardware released since Solus 3, introduces an updated set of default applications and theming, as well as enables users to immediately take advantage of new Solus infrastructure.
https://getsol.us/2018/09/20/solus-3-iso-refresh-released/

Doherty reached out to us this morning to publish this open letter to the Solus community. Sadly he will not be returning to Solus development but does wish them the best as he moves on.
More

It appears that Ikey Doherty, the founder and lead dev of Solus, has left the project.
More

Esperemos que o conceito de Solus do Ikey não fique pelo caminho, seria uma pena.

Doherty reached out to us this morning to publish this open letter to the Solus community. Sadly he will not be returning to Solus development but does wish them the best as he moves on.
More

It appears that Ikey Doherty, the founder and lead dev of Solus, has left the project.
More

Esperemos que o conceito de Solus do Ikey não fique pelo caminho, seria uma pena.

Más noticias ou talvez não. Mas sem duvida tinha algumas coisas interessantes, para mim foi o programa para instalar o driver certo da nvidia e do wifi.

We are proud to announce the immediate availability of Solus 4 Fortitude, a new major release of the Solus operating system. This release delivers a brand new Budgie experience, updated sets of default applications and theming, and hardware enablement.

Solus 4 is available in four flavors with the Budgie, GNOME, KDE Plasma, and MATE desktop environments.

More and download here.

Back