SSD Benchmark, a ler!

Romani48

Power Member
New Configuration: Now, with SSD!

I bought an MTRON MSD 3000 32GB SSD drive on eBay for $700, broke apart my RAID 0, and slapped it into my MacBook Pro, replacing the 160GB 5400rpm SATA drive that came stock with the system. I liked the MTRON SSD drive because its specs say that it can sustain 100 MB/sec read and 80 MB/sec write, which is much faster than other units out there. The specs also say that its write endurance is “> 140 years @ 50GB write per day.” Some reviews have stated that it doesn’t do well on Intel hardware, but as you will see, my results showed otherwise.
echeng080219_0152688.jpg

MTRON MSD 3000 32GB SSD drive I decided to leave in my system the second drive that I installed last year as part of the RAID. It is a 160GB IDE drive installed in a MCE OptiBay Hard Drive adapter. It’s perfect for use as a data drive, mostly for photos and videos — the stuff I accumulate in the field on a daily basis. A notebooks only equipped with a small SSD drive wouldn’t work for me, as it is not practical to have to connect an external drive to actually get something done.
Installation was easy. I popped the old SATA drive out and inserted the new SSD drive. It was a bit difficult to put screws into the small plastic holes in the SSD, which didn’t seem to be threaded. I felt like I was tapping my own screw holes using the screws themselves, which didn’t feel good.
echeng080220_0152705.jpg

[...]
Conclusion:
Solid-state drives suit my computing style. My newly-configured machine is MUCH, MUCH faster, and by having both a SSD system drive and a large IDE data drive, I get the best of both worlds. I am never going back.

Review completa aqui
http://echeng.com/journal/2008/03/19/macbook-pro-with-mtron-msd-3000-32gb-ssd-drive/

Gostei dos valores dos testes.
SSD Powa :D

Não podemos é esquecer que isso é um disco Sata, e que o disco do MBA é PATA, com velocidades bastantes diferentes, logo não se pode comparar.

Os Random Tests com SSD continuam imbativeis :o
Grande abada que os outros levaram, gostei de ver também o comportamento do SSD em Firewire.
Nos Sequencial Tests continuam a frente mas já com não tanta vantagem.

Tive a ver uns resultados do Xbench do MBA SSD e a comparar com os do meu MBP, e a media de Leituras/Escritas Sequencial eu tinha valores melhores, mas não muito superiores.
Na media de Leituras/Escritas Aleatórias a coisa já virava, MBA frente mas também não era por muito.

Nos queremos é SSD ao preço da chuva :p

Back