MMO Star Citizen (Chris Roberts, Cloud Imperium)

USPT2010

Power Member
sclogo.png

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen (ACTUALIZADO: 11/02/2018)
FAQ útil: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gyy02w/star_citizen_question_and_answer_thread/

Comunidade Portuguesa

ALPT-Banner.png

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/ALPT - para se juntarem à Armada Lusitana.

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/wnktUrV

Última edição:
Eu comecei agora a jogar X3: Reunion para matar a sede de um bom space-sim. Este aqui parece estar virado para a vertente online, mas espero que tenha algo para os fãs de singleplayer.

Vamos ver, o gajo é muito cérebro e adora Sci-Fi.

O pessoal do Black Prophecy, que terminou portas no dia 25 para 26 de Setembro, é que me falou que este maluco estava a preparar algo grande, vamos ver.

Star Citizen by Chris Roberts

"They said I was dead,
They said console was the future,
Now they say mobile and tablets are the future,
I say to you, the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated,
I am a PC GAME and I am a SPACE SIM"

Announcement Trailer
(rendered in real time engine - CryEngine 3)

Wing Commander creator returns to melt your PC with new space sim Star Citizen (eurogamer)

Chris Roberts, creator of cult space sim series Wing Commander, has returned with a new game he hopes will melt your PC.

Star Citizen is a PC exclusive that looks for all intents and purposes like a modern day Wing Commander sequel. Its debut trailer, built using in-game assets, is above.

Roberts, who has been out of the public eye for the best part of a decade, founded developer Cloud Imperium Games Corporation in April 2011. He has alongside a small team worked on the creation of art assets, story elements and an extensive prototype of Star Citizen, a persistent online universe due out at some point in 2014.

"The PC gaming business is still a pretty strong valid business, but it hasn't been getting a lot of love recently. I want to come back. That's where I made my name. PC is the place where a lot of great games were started. Even a lot of the top console franchises started on the PC. I wan't to do my part. I'm a PC owner. I'm a PC game player and I'm proud of it. I'm going to stand up and be counted."

Extended Trailer - Squadron 42 (5 min)

Site Oficial
Crowdfunded ao estilo Kickstarter, desde 8€ a 8.000€.

Última edição:
Muito interessante

Sim Space
Campanha single player

Espero que tenha uma história à altura.

Cryengine é sempre um must, a ver vamos.

Star Citizen system requirements, modding and potential microstransactions detailed

Star Citizen, the new space game from Wing Commander-creator Chris Roberts, has released a new FAQ which reveals the estimated system specs for the game, clarifies how modding will work – it is, in fact, highly encouraged – and what sort of things may be purchasable via microtransaction. Many of the other questions within the FAQ have already been covered in our substantial Star Citizen preview of the game, but it’s good to hear Chris Roberts clarify the fine print on a few points.

The game is two years away, and is underpinned by CryEngine 3, so needless to say the minimum system requirements are far from puny, with only cutting edge tech being able to make the game soar:

Minimum:
Dual core CPU
GTX 460
4GB of system memory
Recommended:
i7 2500, 2600, 2700
GTX 670 or better

When it comes to mods, the FAQ stresses how open to modding the game will be:
“Players will be given full control of their game! When operating private servers, players will be able and encouraged to mod the game. It doesn’t stop there, though: we hope to institute a ‘mod approval’ process that will allow the best of the best player created ships and other additions to be integrated into the central persistent world as well.”

The FAQ also clarifies payment: a single, one-off purchase of the initial game will suffice. There will be no monthly fee. “Some in-game items may be available as microtransactions,” the FAQ goes on to say, “but we will NEVER sell anything that can’t be acquired through honest (and fun!) gameplay.”

Reassuring. So reassuring in fact, that players are throwing money at the project in huge numbers. In the last five days Star Citizen has scooped up an additional $500,000 in funding, taking it half way to its target of $2,000,000 with 23 days left to go. 9,961 prospective pilots have pledged at the time of writing.

Head over to the Roberts Space Industries website for more details, or take a look at our Star Citizen screenshot gallery to examine the imagination fuelling the project

Preciso de saber mais antes de pagar o que quer que seja. O singleplayer é só a campanha, ou também é open world durante e após terminar?

Esta é info mais especifica que existe de momento:

Is Star Citizen an MMO?

No! Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series. The game will include the option for private servers, like Freelancer, and will offer plenty of opportunities for players who are interested in modding the content. Unlike many games, none of these aspects is an afterthought: they all combine to form the core of the Star Citizen experience.

Dá para interpretar de várias formas o que acaba por não responder directamente à tua pergunta, talvez nos forums ou até no video incial com o Chris exista alguma info mais concreta.

Última edição:
Dá para interpretar de várias formas o que acaba por não responder directamente à tua pergunta, talvez nos forums ou até no video incial com o Chris exista alguma info mais concreta.

Já estive a ver os dois, mas nada. Não é que haja pressa, mas era uma questão de ver se valia a pena acompanhar o desenvolvimento.

Quando era puto adorava os jogos deste gajo. Wing Commander, Strike Commander, Privateer, etc...
Belos tempos da Origin, e da Lucas Arts também com os TIE Fighters e X-Wings...

Vou acompanhar isto.

Preciso de saber mais antes de pagar o que quer que seja. O singleplayer é só a campanha, ou também é open world durante e após terminar?

Foi algo que deixou com um pé atrás também, mas este bocado de texto do Kickstarter faz-me pensar que o Single Player continua, está lá escrito que vao sendo adiciondas novas campanhas, e tudo leva a pensar que, embora os jogadores alterem o universo do jogo, interação entre jogadores não seja necessáriamente obrigatória.

Temos de esperar mais um pouco.

Squadron 42 - A Wing Commander style single player mode, playable OFFLINE if you want

Playable offline or online, co-op with friends, you sign up for a tour of duty with the UEE fleet, manning the front lines, protecting settlements from Vanduul warbands.

Life during wartime

If you distinguish yourself in combat, you might be invited to join the legendary 42nd Squadron. Much like the French Foreign Legion of old, they can always be found in the toughest areas of operation and always snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, regardless of the odds.

The conflict never ends

Upon completion of your tour you’ll re-enter the persistent Star Citizen universe with some credits in your pocket and Citizenship to help you make your way. But in the universe of Star Citizen when one conflict ends, another is just around the corner. You’ll have opportunity to spend more time with your squadron mates as additional Campaigns are released as part of the content update plan.

Star Citizen dev thinks next-gen consoles still won’t match current PCs

Star Citizen creator Chris Roberts believes even the next generation of consoles won’t match the horsepower of top-of-the-line home computers.

Speaking with Ars Technica, Roberts explained that Star Citizen did not stand a chance to run on the current generation’s hardware. On the topic of the next console generation, he said that while parts of the game might be achievable, it’s unlikely they’ll meet the higher-end PCs head-to-head.

“I can promise you a top-end PC now is already more powerful than what a next generation console is going be be,” he said.

“You can’t do that much with 512MB, so that constrains a lot of your game design. If I’m building a PC game, I’m going ‘yeah, you need 4GB on your machine.’ Of course you’re not going to get all 4GB because Windows is a hungry beast, but you’re getting a lot more than 512MB so it kind of opens up what you can do, what you can fit in memory at the same time, and it changes your level of ambition.”

Back