Xbox Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac)

ValtermcPires

Colaborador
Staff
sunset-overdrive.jpg

- Sunset Overdrive E3 Teaser

Última edição:
A sério que ninguem tem opinião sobre o jogo? Fez-mne lembrar muito JetSet Radio gráficamente, se calhar é isto que me vai fazer comprar a consola!

A Message From Ted – Sunset Overdrive
Posted on June 10, 2013

At Insomniac, we’ve always been transparent with our fans. It’s important to us that our fans understand why we do what we do – it’s really the only way to build a meaningful long-term relationship.

In the spirit of maintaining that rapport, I wanted to take a moment and discuss our big announcement today. In case you didn’t see it, we announced Sunset Overdrive, our next big console IP. You can watch the trailer here and sign up to get more info on the website here. Here’s the official description of Sunset Overdrive:

“Sunset Overdrive is an always changing, open-world shooter set in the not-so-distant future. A catastrophic event has left your city overrun by mutants. While the majority perished or transformed, you flourished. It turns out your calling isn’t picking up trash or serving food, it’s mutant destruction. With an arsenal of kick-ass, overpowered weapons and a knack for traversing the city with hyper agility, it’s not the end of days for you. Your story is just beginning.”

It may surprise some of our longtime fans that we have partnered with Microsoft Studios to develop Sunset Overdrive exclusively for Xbox One. When we first began discussing this idea with Microsoft, we were initially hesitant to shift back into an exclusive arrangement. But as the Microsoft team began introducing us to the abilities and philosophies driving the development of Xbox One, we knew that Sunset Overdrive was a perfect fit. The Xbox One and Xbox Live will support our ambitions to create an ongoing two-way dialogue with our community. It will also allow us to have quicker production cycles, enabling timely content updates for new weapons, characters, storylines and even pop culture-relevant content like memes based on social commentary.

Many of you may be asking what this news means for Insomniac. What about Ratchet & Clank? What about Fuse? Others may ask why we have “abandoned” our PlayStation heritage. The truth is, not a lot has changed. Insomniac has been, is, and will continue to be 100% independent. We have treasured that independence for the last 19 years. It now allows us to own and control our IP, and find the most suitable partners to make those IP a reality. While we are excited about partnering with Microsoft on Sunset Overdrive, that doesn’t mean we can’t or wouldn’t make games with our longtime friends at Sony. That’s the magic of being an independent developer.

Everyone here at Insomniac and on the Sunset Overdrive team at Microsoft is pumped to bring the game to you. We hope you will sign up to get more info and join the S.C.U.K. For our local fans in Los Angeles, stay tuned to our Twitter (@sunsetoverdrive) as there will be some activities around town offering a chance for you to earn some of the first Sunset Overdrive swag.

Finally, next week we’ll be hosting a town hall style online stream. I’ll be joined by our Creative Directors on Sunset Overdrive, Marcus Smith (Creative Director, Resistance 3) and Drew Murray (Lead Designer, Resistance 3), and we’ll answer your Sunset Overdrive questions as best we can.

We can’t wait to show you more of Sunset Overdrive. Thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think about the game and the news

http://www.insomniacgames.com/a-message-from-ted-sunset-overdrive/

A sério que ninguem tem opinião sobre o jogo? Fez-mne lembrar muito JetSet Radio gráficamente, se calhar é isto que me vai fazer comprar a consola!

Curti bastante, mostraram gameplay durante a E3?

Ainda não encontrei nenhum vídeo.

Mas gostei mesmo muito do trailer, o melhor da conferência.

por acaso foi um título que passou completamente ao lado das notícias, nem me recordo ter vistos reportagens pós-evento nos sites do costume.

acho estranho é a coincidência de terem abandonado o estilo mais cartoon do FUSE\Overstrike e passado um ano apresentem um outro shooter nesse estilo chamado Overdrive.

lets wait and see mas tão cedo não lhe iria meter as mãos dado que não se sabe quando a consola é lançada cá!

Por acaso este jogo também me deixou curioso mas devido ao facto de o vídeo de apresentação na E3 me ter parecido que isto ia ser um jogo com uma grande componente co-op / multiplayer

Eu apenas fico curioso quando me lembro que eles fizeram ratchet e clank que adoro mas depois também fizeram resistence que pouco me diz lol ainda assim este é daqueles jogos que me deixaram curioso, apesar de não ter hype.

Por acaso acho que a Insomniac não é nada de especial, sempre foram hypados mas só por serem um developer exclusivo da Sony. Os Ratchets são fixes mas já estão muito estafados, os Resistance são shooters mediocres, o Fuse é "mais um"... este tem uma art direction interessante, mas não faço ideia do que é realmente o jogo.

E tambem me cheira a jogo com a mania do momento, "deep online integration" pseudo-mmo estilo The Crew, The Division, ou Destiny.

Está visto que depois de terem usado e abusado dos FPS nesta geração o que se segue na lista deve ser "MMO bla bla bla" e estou para ver como ficará o single player dos jogos no meio desta treta.

Em relação a este jogo, quando vir gameplay poderei dizer algo mais até porque este teaser está engraçado mas é só isso mesmo.

A juntar ao resto mal posso esperar por esse futuro então e é a mesma lógica aplicada ao de que uma consola pode e deve fazer tudo como se todos o quisessem por defeito, se MMO fosse a minha onda já há muito que a minha plataforma era um PC e não uma consola.

Enfim, coisas simples que pelos vistos boa parte da industria teima em assobiar para o lado, a sensação com que fico quanto mais vejo sobre a nova geração é que parecem querem estragar-me o hobby. :-D

Enfim, coisas simples que pelos vistos boa parte da industria teima em assobiar para o lado, a sensação com que fico quanto mais vejo sobre a nova geração é que parecem querem estragar-me o hobby. :-D

Infelizmente é verdade, principalmente na questão de pagar para jogar. Horrível

Sunset Overdrive first look - Insomniac talks cloud power and mutant carnage

Of all E3 2013's surprises - a new Battlefront, free-to-play Killer Instinct, Tom Clancy's The Division - perhaps the most surprising was the sight of Burbank-based Insomniac, developer of this year's least admired venture into multiplatform waters, touting an Xbox-exclusive new IP.

Serviceable yet unremarkable and perceived to be a diluted version of a once-promising game, Fuse has left a fairly big dent in the Ratchet developer's professional veneer. With the rainbow-hued Sunset Overdrive, studio founder Ted Price aims to claw back a little fan respect, and cloud computing could be the key.

"It's not just an open world," Price told us at E3 last week. "It's a living world. The idea is that we're updating the game on a regular basis. Not just updating it with stuff that we want, but also by what players tell us, and inspired by what players are doing in the game.

"Adding or changing weapons based on what players tell us is an opportunity we haven't really had during the current generation. Because if you want to put out regular updates, you have to jump through a lot of hoops. So our intent is not to just to offer new weapons, but new gameplay features that change up the environment.

Back