Wii Super Mario Galaxy 2

Gaminger, espero que cada vez que surjam novidades não venhas com essa história. Manda um email à Nintendo, etc, mas já todos temos registado o que queres. Não é preciso estar a referir e falar sempre do mesmo (possibilidades de level design infinitas, partilhar com amigos, yada yada yada).

A ideia da experiência mais difícil é um pau de dois bicos. Por um lado, sim, o primeiro é um jogo fácil. Por outro lado, é uma das maiores experiências vídeo-jogáveis que se pode ter. Neste vamos ver até que ponto essa simplicidade também contribui para a experiência.

Também não ia querer um SMG muito difícil... depois acaba por se tornar frustrante em certos momentos e tira aquela sensação de "enjoy the ride", obrigando a uma maior concentração, o que faz perder certos pormenores. Um jogo grande como é, com a diversidade de níveis e cenários que tem, não precisa de ser muito difícil.

Também não ia querer um SMG muito difícil... depois acaba por se tornar frustrante em certos momentos e tira aquela sensação de "enjoy the ride", obrigando a uma maior concentração, o que faz perder certos pormenores. Um jogo grande como é, com a diversidade de níveis e cenários que tem, não precisa de ser muito difícil.
Isso é verdade, notava-se às vezes no SMG1.

Parece-me, pelo trailler, que o SMG2 está melhor que o 1, mostraram menos saltos das estrelas de um planeta para o outro, e puseram planetas maiores "a la" Mario 64, como eu prefiro.

Mais um voto na mesma opinião! :x2:

No entanto parece que estão a fazer este Mario um pouco mais difícl, já li isso em qualquer lado... :P

6:32 p.m.: Galaxy 2 is very, very far along, but since Nintendo has New Super Mario Bros. Wii, it's going to hold off and keep Galaxy 2 for next year.

Tal como eu tinha dito, pela quantidade de níveis que mostraram, deu para perceber que estava bastante adiantado. Só não o lançam este ano porque... têm o NSMB para lançar primeiro. :P

Última edição:
Eu nesse aspecto sou do contra, apesar de um Mario mais difícil atrair menos jogadores e logo menos vendas, eu prefiro um Mario bem mais desafiante.

Também depende do tipo de desafio... eu gosto de jogos desafiantes, mas mais a nível de puzzles, enigmas, descobrir certas coisas, como num Zelda TP, onde a dificuldade não está propriamente em matar um Boss, mas mais descobrir como o matar, por exemplo... entre outras coisas.

Uma coisa que eu gostei no SMG, foi de jogar vários níveis em série. Dá uma sensação de fluidez pelo jogo incrível. Se a dificuldade fosse bastante maior e encravasse numa área qualquer por não conseguir chegar a certo sítio, ou derrotar um Boss, largava o jogo mais depressa, do género, oh... f***, amanhã tento de novo. O problema é se isso acontece no dia seguinte...

A meu ver, é mais característico de jogos pequenos, onde é necessário fazer render o peixe. Claro que há sempre excepções. É simplesmente a minha opinião.

Entrevista com Miyamoto:

Wired.com: Unfortunately, I’m planning on writing everything. And I have another sharp question: Super Mario Galaxy 2. I was surprised to see this announced, because as was said, typically Nintendo doesn’t do two Mario games on one console, and beyond that it’s a very straightforward follow-up with similar levels, which is something that we rarely see in the Mario series. Why the change in philosophy that says it’s ok to do a sequel?

Miyamoto: The biggest reason is because we simply hadn’t run out of ideas within the system that we’d created for Super Mario Galaxy. One of the biggest ideas that we felt we didn’t take good enough advantage of in the first one was “China Syndrome,” or the idea that if you drill a hole straight through the earth in one place, you would end up on the other side, so if you drill a hole from Tokyo you would end up in New York. We had some elements of that but the first thing that we did in Super Mario Galaxy 2 was to create the drill item that you saw in the trailer. We felt that as soon as we completed the drill item and began playing around with it, we felt that with just that one item there was a lot that we could do that would really make the game a lot of fun.

drillcrop.jpg

Wired.com: You’ve added Yoshi, which is something that people are really interested in. How does that change the gameplay mechanics?

Miyamoto: In Super Mario Galaxy, one of the features of the game was the pointer functionality — you were able to point at things in the game, and grab onto them, and pull yourself through, and things like that. We felt that was somewhat similar to one of the things that Yoshi could do, and in bringing Yoshi in, it felt like a new approach to it and that there was a lot of fun that could be had.

I think it’s kind of difficult for us to have Mario running around and carrying things in the world, but by incorporating Yoshi there’s a variety of different ways that we can have Yoshi carrying things and using that as a new gameplay element as well.

Wired.com: Super Mario Galaxy was also the first time where we saw a story in a Mario game that was more than just window dressing, that was a really interesting narrative. Are we going to see more of that?

Miyamoto: I’ve talked to (Galaxy director Yoshiaki) Koizumi about that a lot, but this time I’d like to go with as little story as possible. I’ve always felt that the Mario games themselves aren’t particularly suited to having a very heavy story, whereas the Zelda series is something that lends itself more naturally to that idea. We’ve differentiated a little bit between those two, because the Zelda games have had an in-depth story whereas the Mario games have not. Mr. Koizumi is the type of person who, whenever we’re working on a new Mario game, he always wants to bring more story elements into it, as he did with Super Mario Galaxy. But in talking with him this time, he agrees and feels that with Galaxy 2, there won’t be a need for as deep of a story.

I think you did see a person carved out of a tree stump in the trailer. That person has a bit of a story.

Wired.com: When I talked to Mr. Koizumi, he said that he would try to sneak in story elements without you knowing.

Miyamoto: Well, I put a stop to that at the beginning, this time (laughs).

Wired.com: Why do you think that Mario games aren’t served by having a story?

Miyamoto: I just feel that the Mario games are something that should be a much more bright and active experience. The games are much more of a physical action type of game. My feeling is that with the Mario games, you don’t need to have such a complicated setting where you have these particular characters with complicated backstories that can weigh down the bright and fun feel of the game. So in that sense, I feel that even if all that you have is that the villain is just simply a villain and you fight them, and you throw them down, and you find out, well, that wasn’t such a bad villain after all, that’s enough story for ultimately what is just about a very fun experience.

I think what’s really the most ideal thing is for the player themselves, within their own imagination, to carve out what they view as being the essence of the character. With New Super Mario Bros. Wii as well, we’ve had some battles over the story elements. They always want to have these dramatic scenes where Princess Peach gets kidnapped, but I always tell them, no, it’s fine — Princess Peach likes cake, so you can just have them use cake as bait to kidnap Princess Peach, and that’s enough. I was thinking they could have these big ships come in, and they’ve got these big chains all over them, and they drop a plate down with cake on it (laughs).

Entrevista completa em http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/shigeru-miyamoto-interview/

Última edição:
Preview ONM:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
The best Wii game ever is about to get a whole lot better

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an all-new adventure which follows directly on from the original game. In short, what this means is new levels, new galaxies, new missions and new characters.

No plot details have been revealed yet but we wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow related to the original Galaxy's odd ending, in particular what Mario says at the end (we won't spoil it: if you've done it, you'll know what we mean). It would certainly explain why some of the galaxies from the original will be making an appearance in Galaxy 2. According to Shigeru Miyamoto (who's producing the game again), around 90% of Super Mario Galaxy 2 will consist of entirely new levels whereas the other 10% will feature returning galaxies with completely new missions and challenges.

The Green Gobblin'

There's one huge change to the game that will make a lot of difference however. The return of Yoshi. Yes, everyone's favourite hungry green dinosaur makes his long-awaited comeback in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and he's set to completely change the way you play the game.

In true Super Mario World style, you can use Yoshi by simply finding one of the green and white eggs located in each galaxy. Jump on top of the egg to break it, releasing Yoshi. You can then leap onto his back and ride around on him.

Riding on Yoshi provides much more than just a cosmetic change to the gameplay. He has his own special abilities and power-ups that you'll need to make use of in order to complete some of your tasks.

When you jump on Yoshi's back, the cursor changes from the usual star-shaped one to a red circle. This circle basically controls Yoshi's tongue. To eat an enemy you simply point the Remote at them and press B to make him stick his tongue out and do his thing. He can also grab some horizontal bars with his tongue in order to swing to new areas.

Fans of Super Mario World and Super Mario Sunshine will remember that Yoshi sometimes gained special abilities depending on what he ate, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is no different. Eating special items of a certain colour will turn Yoshi that colour and grant him a special power for a temporary amount of time. Eat an orange fruit to turn him orange, for example, at which point he'll go a bit mental and run much faster than usual. Perhaps even more useful are blue ones which turn him blue and make him inflate. Much like the P-balloons in Super Mario World, he'll then float upwards until he's breathed all the excess air out.

It's not just Yoshi who provides all the new gameplay mechanics. Mario has a few new tricks up his sleeve too. Although a number of power-ups return (the Bee Suit's back for example, which is a good thing in our books), there are now all manner of new weird and wonderful things he can interact with.

One of these is a large drill which looks a little like a spinning top. Mario can spin it and drill through the ground to reach seemingly unreachable new areas. It's also handy on the smaller circular planets on each level because it lets you run to the opposite side of the planet from an enemy then drill through and attack them from underneath.

There are other new scenarios which have only been briefly shown to us and we'd love to find out more about what's going on. One level has a switch that turns the entire world black and white and slows down time (allowing you to jump on fast-moving platforms), while another consists of loads of creepy-looking 'shadow Marios' who follow Mario around.

Galaxy Quest

So Yoshi's back and Mario has some new stuff to interact with, but what about the galaxies themselves? Anything new on offer there? Well, from what we've seen there's some awesome stuff in store in that department too.

One of the new levels is a snow world where Mario had to roll a huge snowball around. There are massive snow sculptures shaped like Bowser and at one point Mario comes to a huge lake that he can freeze by standing on a switch.
Then there's a wood level inhabited by a race of odd-looking tree people. You'll need to watch out when walking through this stage because some of the wooden platforms can be cut in half by large buzzsaws, causing certain sections to fall off and hurtle towards the ever-deadly black hole.

It goes without saying, but we just can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy 2. The original is still our favourite game on the Wii (including GameCube titles), with many of the team insisting it's Mario's finest hour, so the prospect of more of the same fills us with the sort of excitement that is probably illegal in some countries. Simply put, it's a completely new version of one of our favourite games of all time, and we can't think of anything in the world of gaming that we could get more excited about just now. 2010 can't come soon enough.
Fonte: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=10416

O primeiro não foi bom, foi EXCELENTE e este espero que seja ainda melhor; o Yoshi a trazer aquele feeling de Super Mario World.
Tão cedo não devemos ter novidades, o lançamento vem longe e só para o ano na E3 ou na TGS é que deve aparecer algo diferente do trailer mostrado.

Back