Three new AMD 690 Mainboards from Gigabyte

mascarilha

I folded Myself
Three new AMD 690 Mainboards from Gigabyte

As AMD launched the 690G and 690V chipsets at the beginning of this March manufacturers were upset with their long postponement. Today all all the fuss is forgotten and Gigabyte introduced three mainboards based on those chipsets. Two of them are micro ATX sized boards(GA-MA69VM-S2, AMD690V; GA-MA69GM-S2H, AMD690G), the third is a full ATX sized one (GA-MA69G-S3H, AMD690G). The mentioned motherboards support DDR2-800, all have four memory slots, of course the Socket AM2 for the CPU, a single PCIe x16 slot, at least a single PCIe x1 slot, two PCI ports, four SATA II connectors, one PATA port and Gigabit Ethernet and 8-channel audio.
The difference between the two µATX boards besides the different chipsets used is the support for HDCP (over HDMI) and an IEEE1394a port featured by the 690G based Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2.
The ATX sized Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H features a single PCIe x4 slot (CrossFire ready) and three PCIe x1 slots in total.

I came across a funny mistake on Gigabyte's German website. There it reads the GA-MA69VM-S2 I was just writing about is actually powered by an Intel 975X chipset. Look at the last picture or if you don't trust me follow this link.

Source: DailyTech

cumps

Back