Tofu

Watermelon

Power Member
tofumo7.png

Descrição:

Tofu is a novel application to address the common problem that people don't like reading text on the screen.
Why is that anyway? I believe there are two main reasons: line width and visual instability.
Text is usually very wide on the screen, which makes going from the end of one line to the beginning of the next difficult. That's why newspapers have narrow columns: It makes them faster to read.
So why not just take a normal window and make it narrower, scrolling down as you need? Well, there are usually a lot of lines in a text, and all look more or less the same, so if they move past your eyes vertically, they are difficult to keep track of. The text doesn't feel stable, and you get lost easily.
In Tofu, text is arranged in columns, and each column is only as high as your window. So lines are nice and narrow, and they don't move about vertically. You just scroll from column to column horizontally, and feel more in control. Bonus: your text is now also in easy-to-digest chunks.
Tofu also includes some other useful features to make reading easier. To search for a word, simply start typing it; Tofu will find to the next matching instance as you type. There's a system-wide Service, so you can quickly move some text from a web page into Tofu. And it lets you navigate using your voice, so you can literally sit back and read.

Screenshots
tofu-20070831-132423.jpg

Site Oficial

Como sou RSS-aholic esta aplicação dá-me muito jeito para ler artigos mais longos. De facto, ler em colunas facilita imenso.

Parece interessante. Acho que vou experimentar durante uns tempos.

Só uma dúvida, vocês conseguem ver imagens? É que no screenshot aparecem algumas mas eu ainda só consegui ver texto.

Bem... para além de ter nome de comida, já lhe encontrei uma falha (grava a meu ver...).

Não abre ficheiros .pages :(

Não. Quero dizer que todos os dias me lembro que existem formatos proprietários a mais que me atrapalham.

A pergunta que tu podias fazer é pq é que o Pages não usa o formato .odf...

Pois.. boa pergunta.

No entanto acho que é uma falha grava no Tofu, como já referi, não suportar um dos ficheiros de texto mais usados na plataforma sobre a qual o programa corre.

O pages é o processador de texto que mais uso.

Tudo que seja resumos de matérias da faculdade é feito lá... é a minha plataforma de estudo praticamente. Pode não ser a aplicação mais adequada mas habituei-me rápido e para o tipo de resumos/esquemas tem-me servido na perfeição.

O Tofu parecia-me ser o parceiro ideal para leitura dos textos...

Back