Triple boot: XP + VISTA and ad another XP instance

R.J.G.C.B

Membro
Hello,

Here is my doubt:

I want to have triple boot, already have XP (installed first) and Vista installed, and want ad another XP instance, why?

Because my actual XP instance is for me to do everything; watch movies, internet, play games everything, but a few days ago I was able to play all my games and all the sudden I can´t play them anymore, I get a blue screen with nothing writed in every game. I uninstalled every new program but with no luck, I think the culpright is the lots of programs installed, so I want an XP instance just to install games and nothing more, and why not use my Vista instance which is almost with nothing installed? Because windows Vista for now is BAD for games. So I want the actual XP to do everything except playing games, my actual Vista instance to play Halo 2(Vista only) and for testes purposes and a new XP partition for just games. How should I do to have a proper triple boot with everything?
I am aware that after install XP there are a great possibility that I can´t boot to Vista anymore so I am asking; How should I do to have a proper triple boot with everything booting fine?
Found these article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919529 but if it says error reading disc at boot, how should I be able to access my ntfs partitions (they all are in ntfs) from DOS??!! I hate Microsoft!
My disk management screen is in here: http://www.badongo.com/pic/731900 fell free to advice for example in which hard disk or what type of partition should I create to include my new XP instance.

Hi,

My advice for you is, don't install two partition with windows XP. I recomend you to only install one XP partition and one Vista partition. Use Vista partition for your programs and works, XP partition only for games.

Have you ever thinked in trying a Linux distribution?

Have a triple boot like -> Windows XP, Windows Vista and "One Linux distribution"<-

If you wanna try this i would recommend this site -> TRIPLE BOOT

Regard's

PS: Why writing in english if you write in portuguese?

Última edição:
Este fórum é Tuga R.J.G.C.B. E se tu falas português para que é que te vens para aqui armar em sabichão?
Porque a minha mãe, trabalhou toda a vida na porcaria da PT.

Comprovado que fala português :P :D, vá-la fala português. Apesar de toda gente saber falar inglês, dar te um ar de "quem percebe" (que não vai com nada, porque a maioria do pessoal sabe tanto ou mais que tu...). O português serve para alguma coisa ;)

Formata o XP e volta a instala-lo e salva tudo que tens num disco rigido.

There is a good program to work whit the MBR, the Super Grub if i remenber right.

BTW why use Vista and XP ? why not just chose one of them ? i just use Vista and Fedora

Só escrevi em inglês porque estava cansado dado a hora tardia e já tinha tinha feito um post num forum em inglês a algum tempo só que não me tinham respondido, então borreceu-me estar a escrever tudo em português novamente :) Mas qual é o problema? se não sabe inglês não reponde e pronto.

Mesmo que ele seja português e se recuse a falar português, fazemos a vontade dele. :)

Why another XP Partition? I think this will confuss you, IMHO.

And also, yeah, Vista is bad (very heavy) on games, but maybe its time to format the Hard Disk and create again a dual boot: XP and Vista, as legion said.

Obrigado pelas respostas úteis até agora, vou estudar e comfrontar com outras respostas de outros forums.

Entretanto continuo aberto a mais sugestões.

Back