[Tutorial] Instalação de Desinstalação

abuso

Power Member
Aqui fica um tutorial para os Switchers:
New To Mac: App Install and Uninstall

By Nick Santilli on Walkthroughs
I’ve got a lot of friends who have recently purchased their first Macs. I’m always more than happy to help them get up and running and answer questions whenever they have them - I mean, I do that here for you people and I don’t even know most of you! But I’ve found that quite often I’m asked by Mac Newbies, about installing and uninstalling programs.
Over at Noodlesoft, Paul Kim has penned some interesting thoughts on the topic, and it’s clear he sees the problem that ‘Switchers’ are up against. It’s worth a read if you’ve got some minutes to burn. But until Paul’s ideas take the OS X software world by storm, here’s a rundown of how you handle the installation and uninstallation of programs if you’re new to the Macintosh platform.
The Windows way of doing things is usually a lot more complicated (read: more hoops to jump through than necessary) than it needs to be. Welcome to Macintosh! Clearly this is for the relatively new users to the platform, so please don’t leave comments saying this isn’t useful information - it’s bound to be helpful to someone out there.
Formats You Can Expect to Encounter
dmg.jpg
When you download software from the internet, you’ll get it in either the typical zip format or a dmg. Dmg stands for Disk Image. Sometimes the zip will contain the dmg which you’ll need to open. When you open the Disk Image it will mount it as a temporary drive on your Desktop. So when you’re done with the stuff that’s on the Mounted Disk Image, you can eject it and delete the dmg from your system. (The same goes for any zip file that you may have encountered in this process.)
package.png
So what’s on the Disk Image? Usually this will be the application to install. But sometimes there will be an installer pkg. An installer pkg looks like a cardboard box with a yellow block inside of it. You can double click the installer pkg right from inside the disk image. It will install the program and any related resources it requires on your system. When it’s through installing, you just eject the Disk Image and you’re all through. You just go to your Applications folder and you can launch your newly installed application.
Dragging and Dropping
As I mentioned above, sometimes the Disk Image will just contain the program itself. Don’t launch the application from the Disk Image! The Disk Image is only temporarily mounted to your system, and is only meant to hold the software for you until you copy it to your Applications folder on your system.
So how do you copy it to your system’s Application folder? Drag the application to the Applications folder. Drop it there. Yes, it’s really that simple. In fact here’s a mini-screencast to show you the quick and easy way I perform this action…
So anyway, much of the time on Macs, the software and all of its resources are self-contained. They don’t [usually] install things all over your system, leaving you wondering what’s where and taking up space. Nice eh? So now that you’ve dragged that application to your hard drive’s Applications folder, you can eject the Disk Image and throw it in the trash can. Now you can go to the Applications folder and launch your new program from there from now on.
Getting Rid of The Riff Raff
So the time has come that you’ve realized that installing every single news reader client wasn’t necessary. How do you uninstall the unwanted programs from your system? In most cases - or rather, where you installed the program by dragging it directly onto your system - you can just delete the program from your Applications folder (dragging it to the Trash Can is the same thing). It’s really just that simple.
However, there are those times when the program was installed using one of those Installer pkgs… It’s kind of hard to say where all that program’s support files have been placed. I could go deeper into those places, but seeing as this is aimed at the beginner crowd, we’ll save that talk for another day. So how to cleanly uninstall everything that came along with one of those programs… Well, you can use Spotlight to attempt tracking down all the files for the program, but that can be risky if you mistakenly delete files that shouldn’t be deleted.
appzapper.jpg
My recommendation is to pick up AppZapper. I feel I need to mention that I gain nothing by making this suggestion. It’s just truly, the app uninstaller that OS X is missing. Plus it’s kinda fun - I know you don’t get how it could be fun, but try it and you’ll see what I’m talking about. AppZapper tracks down all the files that pertain to a certain program and zaps them into oblivion, keeping your hard drive as clean as possible. It’s nice to keep things clean, isn’t it?
So there you have it friends. The steps necessary for installing and uninstalling software on your Mac, really are quite simple. Your days of over-thinking how to do things on your computer are at an end. Just keep in mind these important details:
- Disk Images are temporary
- Copy the App to your Hard Drive and run it from there, not the Disk Image
- When you’re done, clean up! (Delete the zip/dmg/etc from your Desktop/Downloads folder)
- Come uninstall time, just delete it from Applications and you’re set
Hope this has been helpful for those who are new to this great platform. Things are easier than you realize, and we’re here to open that world up to you a little bit at a time. If there are other New to Mac tips that you’d like us to cover for you, please don’t hesitate to let us know!
Fonte:The Apple Blog

instalar, desinstalar, appzapper, .dmg, .pkg

Back