Vapochill LightSpeed Review

Zar0n

Power Member
Vapochill LightSpeed Review

Final Thoughts
I can't really fault the LightSpeed for much really, although I had one main niggle and that was related to the Chill Control and the respective software. It seemed to refuse to hold the settings I'd programmed in for any length of time. Sometimes I'd power down or reboot and the fans would stay on at the 70% setting (default) and the startup temperature would revert back to -10c. Nothing major really, since it can be set again at the click of a button but it does lead me on to the only other thing I have to comment on, the noise.

At the default settings of 70% fan speed, it's loud; very loud. Not quite Delta fan loud but it's irritating for sure. With the LightSpeed using R507 gas and having a small compressor, it requires a reasonable amount of airflow to keep the internals cool. Thankfully the system appears to run flawlessly 24/7 at 30%, the lowest setting and it's far better there, nigh on inaudible over your averagel case fans. Updates will be available for the Chill Control software over on Asetek's downloads section.

I'm glad Asetek took the time to listen to feedback on their former units, they've gone about it the right way and have offered a far more complete package than ever before to suit the power user and the enthusiasts. Gone are the days of the large steel case, more complicated mounting mechanisms and needing an enormous power supply. The LightSpeed was a joy to work with and certainly a vast improvement over my personal Vapochill PE and for me, the addition of the blue LCD really finishes the product. I think this product deserves an award....

Muito fixe para kem tem muito €€€ para gastar embora ele tenha obtido pouco OC, deve ter tido azar com o CPU.
Ainda podiam melhorar era o barulho k a unidade faz. :rolleyes:

Ainda bem k estão a fazer estas "coisas" mais user friendly :x2:

Não foi mau overclock, ainda por cima com aquela voltagem. Eu obtive o mesmo resultado com a K8NPro mas a 1.7v na Bios.

o que é impossivel não gostar é do cpu-kit, perfeito :) alguem sabe quanto custa e se se vende o cpu-kit ha parte? ...deve se vender certamente

Back