Vodafone na infraestrutura MEO

dox12

Membro
Olá, desculpe por escrever em inglês!

Depois de ler muitos posts neste fórum, fui convencido a assinar o FTTH Fiber da Vodafone em Lisboa como parte de um Pacote completo (Fibra 4 Infinity Gold), pois parece ser melhor QoS do que MEO (bufferbloat, velocidades máximas consistentes, melhor internacional encarando).

No entanto, pouco tempo após a assinatura dos contratos, a Vodafone informou-me que precisavam de esperar que a MEO aumentasse a capacidade de PDO na minha área. Parece que as infraestruturas desta área são propriedade da MEO.

Pode demorar até 1 mês, ou até mais, porque o MEO vai tentar dificultar a vida da Vodafone devido à concorrência.

Eu tenho algumas perguntas:

1. Acha que vale a pena esperar pela Vodafone, ou devo apenas ir com o MEO (que tem capacidade sobressalente no PDO, ou vou estendê-la mais rápido)?
2. Você vê algum problema com o compartilhamento de infraestrutura? A qualidade de serviço da fibra da Vodafone será limitada pela infraestrutura do MEO?
3. Em caso de congestionamento na área, a MEO dará prioridade aos clientes MEO? Meu serviço vai sofrer mais?

P.S .: Você pode responder em inglês ou português (ou espanhol!).

Obrigado!

---

Hello, and sorry for writing in English!

After reading many posts in this forum, I was convinced to subscribe for Vodafone's FTTH Fiber in Lisbon as part of a full Pacote (Fibra 4 Infinity Gold), as it appears to be better QoS than MEO (bufferbloat, consistent maximum speeds, better international peering).

However, shortly after signing the contracts, Vodafone informed me that they needed to wait for MEO to expand the capacity of the PDO in my area. It seems like the infrastructure in this area is owned by MEO.

It could take up to 1 month, or even longer, because MEO will try to make Vodafone's life difficult due to competition.

I have a few questions:

1. Do you think it's worth waiting for Vodafone, or should I just go with MEO (who has spare capacity in the PDO, or will extend it quicker)?
2. Do you see any problems with infrastructure sharing? Will the quality of service of Vodafone's fiber be limited by MEO's infrastructure?
3. In case of congestion in the area, will MEO give priority to MEO customers? Will my service suffer more?

P.S.: You can reply in English or Portuguese (or Spanish!).

Thank you!

Última edição:
Olá, desculpe por escrever em inglês!

Depois de ler muitos posts neste fórum, fui convencido a assinar o FTTH Fiber da Vodafone em Lisboa como parte de um Pacote completo (Fibra 4 Infinity Gold), pois parece ser melhor QoS do que MEO (bufferbloat, velocidades máximas consistentes, melhor internacional encarando).

No entanto, pouco tempo após a assinatura dos contratos, a Vodafone informou-me que precisavam de esperar que a MEO aumentasse a capacidade de PDO na minha área. Parece que as infraestruturas desta área são propriedade da MEO.

Pode demorar até 1 mês, ou até mais, porque o MEO vai tentar dificultar a vida da Vodafone devido à concorrência.

Eu tenho algumas perguntas:

1. Acha que vale a pena esperar pela Vodafone, ou devo apenas ir com o MEO (que tem capacidade sobressalente no PDO, ou vou estendê-la mais rápido)?
2. Você vê algum problema com o compartilhamento de infraestrutura? A qualidade de serviço da fibra da Vodafone será limitada pela infraestrutura do MEO?
3. Em caso de congestionamento na área, a MEO dará prioridade aos clientes MEO? Meu serviço vai sofrer mais?

P.S .: Você pode responder em inglês ou português (ou espanhol!).

Obrigado!

---

Hello, and sorry for writing in English!

After reading many posts in this forum, I was convinced to subscribe for Vodafone's FTTH Fiber in Lisbon as part of a full Pacote (Fibra 4 Infinity Gold), as it appears to be better QoS than MEO (bufferbloat, consistent maximum speeds, better international peering).

However, shortly after signing the contracts, Vodafone informed me that they needed to wait for MEO to expand the capacity of the PDO in my area. It seems like the infrastructure in this area is owned by MEO.

It could take up to 1 month, or even longer, because MEO will try to make Vodafone's life difficult due to competition.

I have a few questions:

1. Do you think it's worth waiting for Vodafone, or should I just go with MEO (who has spare capacity in the PDO, or will extend it quicker)?
2. Do you see any problems with infrastructure sharing? Will the quality of service of Vodafone's fiber be limited by MEO's infrastructure?
3. In case of congestion in the area, will MEO give priority to MEO customers? Will my service suffer more?

P.S.: You can reply in English or Portuguese (or Spanish!).

Thank you!

Hi there,

Fine writing in English (and obviously, Portuguese), but not Spanish.

Infrastructure sharing works well in most cases. In my situation, MEO set up the PDO in the building, and I did business with Vodafone. It works just fine - no significant disruptions or issues.

I am not sure if MEO yields PDO access and network sharing to their own business. Agreements have been made for a reason. I don't think they will benefit from jeopardizing Vodafone's access to the network. Again, as for my experience, I have been a happy Vodafone customer over an MEO PDO for nearly four years.

Is it worth waiting for Vodafone in your case? It depends on how quickly you need access to the Internet and/or cable. In these pandemic times, it may take longer for MEO to expand the PDO's capacity. However, I am not sure if this information is correct. I guess they set up PDOs having the number of potential customers in a building into account. But I am not an expert... Just weigh in on what is a priority for you.

Thanks for the answer. So far I'm working off an unlimited 4G hotspot, so I'm not in a rush. But I have heard of stories where MEO/PT have taken over 4 months to extend the capacity of a PDO for another operator, and that's too long a wait. I live in a pretty central area in Lisbon, I don't know if that changes things.

Back