Wii A Boy and his Blob (WayForward)

Entrevista:

Exclusive Interview: WayForward's Voldi Way

Why A Boy and his Blob now, 20 years after the original game was released?

Sean Velasco, Director:
Why not!? A Boy and His Blob is due for another go! There are two decades worth of potential! With the power of modern platforms we can bring the gameplay and characters to life as never before. Behold the 2D revolution!

Robb Alvey, Producer: Agreed! The original game had such a great concept behind it, and doesn’t everyone love an alien Blob?

Is this the game coming out on disc, or is it planned as a WiiWare title?

Sean:
This is a full, complete disc game. It’s huge! That being said, WayForward is a big fan of WiiWare and digital distribution.

Robb: This was a full game from its inception and we are going to pack a LOT onto that disc.

Voldi Way, WayForward Founder: With the incredible number of feature-quality animation frames and high-color backgrounds, our biggest challenge may be squeezing it onto a single disc.

Boy-and-his-Blob-Wii.jpg

Sean: This game uses the Wii Remote + Nunchuk combo, or you can use the classic controller and hopefully the Gamecube controller. It features no IR or motion controls of any kind, which is ideal because it affords the player precise and intuitive control.

Steve: Is the new Blob a platformer like the original?

Sean:
Yes, the genre is platform puzzler. There is an excellent mix of brain-bending puzzles and action. Keep in mind, though, that the Boy is not a superhero. He is relatively weak, as is the Blob. The pair needs to really depend on each other to get through the world.

Tell me about the game's unique visual style. Is it 3D?

Sean:
Our game engine uses 3D technology, but the gameplay and visuals are rendered in beautiful, hand-drawn 2D.

Voldi: We felt that hand-drawn animation was the only way to convey the emotional subtleties we wanted to achieve. There are some interactions between the boy and his blob that will make people say "aw… that’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen in a video game."

A-Boy-and-his-Blob-Wii.jpg

How about a DS version? Gamers have been waiting for that since it was announced by Majesco in 2005!

Sean:
This is the only version currently in production. However, WayForward would love to bring more Boy and his Blob games. Just let us finish this one first!

Boy-and-his-Blob-NES.jpg

Boy and His Blob is greatly beloved by almost everyone who played it on the NES. Can you give us some assurance that the new Blob won’t ruin the franchise?

Sean:
Yes. Ahem: You have my personal assurance that this game will be orders of magnitude more fun than the original version. The proof is in the pudding; once you spend a little time with the game you will love this game.

Do you know of any plans to release the original game? Maybe as a Wii download?

Sean:
Well, the VC is definitely fertile ground; I wouldn’t be surprised to see the game come out there. However, that’s in Majesco’s hands.

Contra-4-DS.jpg

So, Voldi, How does one take a company from making Barbie and Spongebob games to Contra 4?

Voldi:
We learned a long time ago that sometimes it’s worth it to turn down projects, just because no one wants to work on them. We’ve actually turned down a lot more projects than we’ve taken on because they just didn’t fit. Surprisingly, some of the guys, especially the ones who have daughters, seem to gravitate towards Barbie. Things like Barbie and Spongebob are actually pretty fun. Contra 4 was definitely a passion project for everyone at WayForward. That doesn’t require much explanation for why we wanted to do that!

LIT, our recent WiiWare title is pretty dark. Adam Tierney, who directed LIT, his previous product was Shrek, and before that it was Barbie, so he was like, "I gotta do something dark! I gotta get all this pleasantness out of my system!" So he did LIT, teenagers being pulled into darkness by demons!

Our next game is a DSi title that’s going to be another dark title.

Along the same lines as LIT?

Voldi:
No… Well, in that there are teenagers dieing and serials killers in it, it’s like LIT. It’s dark. It’s definitely dark.

Will your new games take advantages of the new DSi features?

Voldi:
We’re trying. The first one probably won’t, just because we’re trying to get it done quickly. But we’d love to do something with the camera, but the first thing we’ll take advantage of is the faster CPU. We’re doing some physics based stuff. I don’t have the specifics yet or anything. We’re in the early stages now.

So why release LIT on WiiWare?

Voldi:
One thing we liked about WiiWare was… we’ve had a lot of original stuff that we couldn’t get out the door, because the barrier to entry is pretty big, but with download games, we can actually self-fund. But we could put out LIT, which is actually selling better than I thought it would. The DSi games we’re coming out with are things that probably wouldn't ever see a retail shelf, but they’re something that we can put together pretty quickly because we’ve done so many DS titles.

Lit-WiiWare.jpg

How is WiiWare working for you, saleswise?

Voldi:
I was thrilled with it. But I didn’t know what to expect, because we’ve never released a game like that before. I love that we can go online every day and see the sales every day. That’s something we’re sheltered from by publishers. Sometimes they’ll tell us our sales, most of the times they won’t. Now we can see it.

It’s not stellar, most publishers would probably feel it wasn’t worth it, but for us, if we can come up with something… if we put as much money as Squaresoft put into My Life as King, we’d probably be sad. In the old days, LIT would have been a demo, and no one would have seen it.

Any other games planned that you want to talk about?

Voldi:
We have two unannounced Wii games in the works. I don’t think I can talk about them yet, they’re with publishers. We'll probably attempt a HD game to see how they compare. We bought a PS3 dev kit just for fun and we put together a demo on that, but unfortunately with back burner projects, when paying jobs come up, they often get pushed further onto the back burner. But our goal is to eventually come up with something, at least downloadable.

When I scheduled this interview, I opened the questions up to our readers, so this comes from our comment section: What are the advantages of being a smaller game developer as opposed to a big company?

Voldi:
You get to work on a lot more aspects of the game. I know people who work for big developers who spent a year just working on dirt and rock textures or something. But with us, some of our artists can work on every aspect from animation to backgrounds to even doing voice overs sometimes; so you get to have a much broader experience. A lot of our animators came from film and television where they felt pigeon-holed. They didn’t want to spend all day animating rain or something.

Another advantage is that your ideas get heard. Like Adam came up with LIT and Matt came up with Shantae, and now that we have download, a couple DSi titles were designers who just said, “hey, I want to do this!” If they can get at least a programmer and maybe another artist on board with them, we’ll greenlight it because, who are we to suppress innovation?

Also, in a small studio you can go from an entry level junior position to lead programmer as quickly as you show promise. Sometimes in a few months if you’re a smart guy. I think in big studios there are probably more hierarchies and ranks, but I’ve never worked for a big studio, so I can’t compare.

Here's another one from our readers: What’s the worst game you ever developed?

Voldi:
Ha! Sportsman’s Arcade. Horrible! We did it as a favor for this producer who we had a done a number of other titles for. It was a hunting game that came out right after Deer Hunter was a success. This was around 14 years ago. He said, "We want to capitalize on that, so we’re coming out with Sportsman’s Arcade, it’s a hunting game, but if you spend more than a weekend, you’ve put too much work into it." That’s not the kind of game we want to work on. But as a favor we did it.

It was total guerrilla development. We took photos of animals and basically pasted them in, and threw the whole thing together in a weekend. We might have taken our name off it. It’s not good to be a budget developer. We used to try to compete on speed and price, like, "oh, we can get it done for the lowest budget," but after awhile, we couldn’t compete with overseas studios. Now we can, because the dollar’s so beat up, but for awhile, there was no way we could compete with someone in Hungary. So we had to compete on quality. Then we began to get a little more picky on what we would take on. We still do a lot of licensed stuff, but the guys are really into a lot of that stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to talk and thanks for making so many awesome games!
Fonte: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/693838/Exclusive-Interview-WayForwards-Voldi-Way.html

:D

Mais duas entrevistas...

Entrevista Destructoid:

Interview: WayForward's Sean Velasco

124347-boyandhisblob.jpg

The original A Boy and His Blob seems to elicit mixed reactions from gamers, from "That game was great!" to "That game was awful!" Were you fans of the original game to begin with? Also, who came forward to suggest the idea of remaking the game?

Sean Velasco:
(Whaaaat?) Most people seem to love the Blob! We certainly do. However, I can understand why people didn’t like it; it certainly had some control and usability issues. We are huge fans of the charm and the puzzling aspects of the original. Overall, we love the concept, and wanted to give it a new implementation.

As far as how the whole thing got started... I did the basic design and pitched the game internally at WayForward, who had a good relationship with Majesco. Majesco loved our concept and were interested in publishing a new Blob game, so it was a perfect match.

boy_and_his_blob_ingame_00-620x.jpg

Is this version of the remake related in any way to the DS sequel that was announced in 2005 but never came to fruition?

Sean:
WayForward was not involved in the GBA or DS Blob games. This is a completely different effort.

Is the team attempting to take the original premise and improve upon the weaknesses of the original, or will this be a strict remake?

Sean:
This game is in no way a remake! It’s inspired by the original game, taking its basic concepts and applying the lessons of 20 years of game design. However, the game is quite reverent towards the original game; expect to see homage at every turn.

What sort of effect are they going for with this art style? It was the first thing that caught my eye, and also can we expect to see the art really kicked up at certain parts of the game? For instance, will there be a scene or two in each level where we are just blown away by the beauty?

Sean:
Well, that’s certainly our goal! We still have a ways to go in development, but we plan to really push the Wii to take 2D to a new level. Special parallax effects, 3D techniques, and awesome lighting will really make the world pop. This is a subtle game, so nothing should be over the top, but I hope that players will stand back occasionally to admire the beautiful world.

blob_announce_005-noscale-620x.jpg

An aspect of the original game that was simultaneously charming and frustrating was not knowing what effect the jellybeans would have on Blob. I've noticed that some of the new beans have names that seem to more explicitly state what they do. Was this a conscious design decision? Will there be beans that have to have their abilities discerned through experimentation?

Sean:
We all appreciate the puns and discovery from the NES game. That being said, once the discovery was made, the magic was done. In the new game, gameplay focuses on using the jellybean transformations in fun new ways, as opposed to simply memorizing what each bean does. A picture of the transformation accompanies the beans in the interface.

There looks to be a considerable lack of enemies in A Boy and His Blob, with the game focusing mostly on environmental puzzles. Will this continue to be the focus in the new game or can we expect to see more critters?

Sean:
The enemies in A Boy and His Blob are mostly used as tools for puzzles. However, there are many varied enemies in this game. Each one should serve a unique puzzle function and have a ton of personality. As with the original, however, there is an intentional absence of “fodder” enemies.

boyblobscreens-620x.jpg

Will the game be for WiiWare or retail? If for WiiWare, why was that chosen over retail?

Sean:
This is a full retail game with a ton of features and content! However, we have a ton of respect for digital delivery and the freedom it affords developers. Expect to see WayForward on a lot of digital delivery services in the future.

The soundtrack certainly is an upgrade from the original. Who is working on it? Was he/she influenced by the look of the game in creating its music?

Sean:
Our composer is Daniel Sadowski, who jumped immediately at the chance to work on Blob. The vision of this game has been embraced by both the art and music sides, and each has played off of the other. In some instances, we had the music done before the environment was finished, so we could use it as inspiration for the look and feel of the levels.

Thanks for your time, Sean!
Fonte: http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-interview-wayforward-s-sean-velasco-124347.phtml

Entrevista Joystiq:

Interview: Majesco, WayForward spill the jelly beans on A Boy and His Blob

The original A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia, as well as its Game Boy sequel, were designed by industry luminary and Activision co-founder David Crane. Is he at all involved with this project in any capacity, even in a consulting role?

Sean Velasco:
David Crane was not involved with the project at all, but we deeply respect both him and his work.

We're curious as to how Majesco ended up with the rights to A Boy and His Blob. With the original title both developed and published by companies that are no longer with us -- Imagineering and Absolute Entertainment respectively -- who did you have to go to stake your claim on the franchise?

Joseph Sutton:
We had been looking to acquire the rights to some of the great franchises of old when we were developing games for the Game Boy Advance. A Boy and His Blob is one that we really loved and felt would certainly resonate with players at the time and probably always. We were able to acquire the rights after Absolute went bankrupt about 10 years ago.

So you own the rights outright now? Could this release mark a release of the original A Boy and His Blob over the Wii's Virtual Console?

Joseph:
We own the rights to the franchise outright now and are definitely looking at that option.

Would it be best to describe this game as a remake or a sequel to the original 1989 NES classic?

Robb Alvey:
It's taking the original spirit of the game and creating something for this generation of gamers. If you're familiar with the original game, you'll recognize immediately the homage we pay to its origin. And if you've never played the original, it's not going to feel like anything "retro."

Sean: This game is not a remake!! Yell it to the skies! However, this game is not a sequel to the original, either. Let's call it a "reimagining."

blob_mid_jd2.jpg

Did WayForward's "reimagining" of another classic franchise, Konami's Contra, factor into Majesco's decision to look to the studio to revisit this classic, though certainly more niche franchise?

Sean:
I wouldn't imagine it could have hurt!

Robb: I think one of WayForward's strengths is the side-scroller genre. While our involvement in Contra 4 was probably a factor, I would have to think that our background in platform games and the ability to bring a 2D world to life had a lot to do with that decision as well.

Joseph: WayForward has been on our Majesco radar for a very long time now, going back to their Game Boy days, through the very impressive Shantae, Contra 4 and others. We felt they were the perfect fit for this franchise and they have exceeded our expectations in every way.

When we sat down with them to discuss the games features and look, they really nailed down what makes the original idea so compelling while adding elements of mechanics art and storytelling all their own. The screens and videos released thus far only hint at what will be in the game. Some of the transformations are truly remarkable and we think players will really enjoy the relationship and synergy between the 2 characters.

This game will only further the legacy of WayForward as one of the best developers working today.

So is revisiting classic properties something that WayForward actively seeks out?

Sean:
Being huge fans of classic gaming, WayForward is always looking for opportunities to reinvigorate brands. We have mentioned lists in other interviews, but we'll toss out some more favorites here: E.V.O. – The search for Eden (!!!!!!!!!!! ADORO ESTES TIPOS! YES PLEASE), Ninja Cop, Metroid, Clash at Demonhead, Milon's Secret Castle, Dig Dug, River City Ransom, Yar's Revenge.

I'm sure there are a ton more, as well. Call us - We want to re-envision these games for the new generation!

Back to the project at hand, being neither a sequel, nor a remake, do you have some specific examples of how this version of A Boy and His Blob is similar to the original?

Sean:
Well, the game still features the titular boy and blob! The core gameplay theme of the game, using an AI character to transform and help you advance, is retained. There are also slight story similarities and some of the blob's transformations are the same.

Robb: The core game mechanic of feeding jelly beans to the blob which then transforms him into an object to help you solve puzzles is still there. You may recognize some of the locations, the jelly beans, etc, but I don't want to give too much away.

Then can you say how it is different?

Sean:
Gameplay-wise, this game is a massive reworking of the entire A Boy and His Blob concept. The play control and game flow has all been thrown out and totally rethought. You can jump, aim your jellybean throws, select beans quickly, and interact in more meaningful ways with the blob. The previous game could be confusing and obtuse; this game has a smoother learning curve that ramps up to very fiendish puzzles, especially towards the end.

Presentation-wise, the game has obviously undergone a complete overhaul too. The hand-drawn animation and heartwarming look cause the player to become very invested in the characters. The soaring musical score also adds to the charm. While the gameplay is always the key to the fun, the presentation helps to elevate the entire experience.

Finally, Joseph mentioned earlier that Majesco is looking into releasing A Boy and His Blob over the Wii's Virtual Console. Is there any chance we might see the original game as an unlockable in this game as well?

Sean:
With the Virtual Console on Wii, putting NES games on the disc is a tricky situation. Stay tuned for more on what we have planned to honor the original game.
Fonte: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/20/joystiq-interview-majesco-wayforward-spill-the-jelly-beans-on/

Not a remake :D

Última edição:
Que não era remake já se sabia :P
Cada vez noto mais que os gajos da destructoid são mesmo maus, não só fazem perguntas que já foram feitas há uns tempos, como (noutra notícia) criam títulos enganadores para interpretaram as coisas à sua maneira. Como na TVI portanto.

Estava a ver que não punham aqui os vídeos :P eu não pus estava com preguiça, também porque me baralhei, lá dizia 10 min footage, e quando foi ver eram vários... Mas juntos eram os tais 10 min lol :p

Este jogo é brilhante , mágico e como já foi dito tem um optimo aspecto .
Mais um a juntar a lista que neste momento já se torna comprometedora porque as férias andam por ai .

abraço e bons jogos

Entrevista:

WayForward typically does 2D games, but LIT was a 3D release. Is that a new direction?

Voldi Way, president, WayForward:
Yeah. I think most people don't realize, though, that on DS we did about half and half. If you look at them, they were almost half 3D, half 2D. We've done so many pixel games over the years that most people don't think of us as a 3D shop. We've done a number of PC games that were 3D also, but since we have such a strong foundation in character animation, we're most known for our 2D. One of the Wii titles we're working on now is full 3D too.

We'll always do a mix of them. In fact, a new one we're working on now is 2D side-scrolling gameplay inside 3D environments, so there are 3D enemies or bosses that can leap out of the background, but the gameplay is still 2D.

This is one of the new unannounced games, right? Not a boy and his blob?

VW:
This is a different one. A longer one -- not one that's coming out this fall. There's Blob and two other Wii games that are coming out this fall, and then this one is a longer-term project.

We asked this in the last interview about the game, I believe (note: we did!) but was David Crane involved at all?

VW:
He wasn't part of it. I'd love to meet him one of these days! But no, he wasn't. I'm not sure what he's up to at the moment. He has a company, I forgot the name of it. None of us have actually met David Crane. He certainly wasn't involved in the design at all.

I wonder what he thinks!

VW:
That's a good question!

So, that one's 2D, and it's on the Wii.

VW:
That one's all 2D.

Is the Wii better for doing 2D games like that?

VW:
Actually, our tech runs on HD platforms, PC, and Wii, and one of the other titles we're working on has a PC SKU. Initially, the PC version was only meant for us internally, because it's sometimes easier than hooking up the dev kit to just run it on the PC. But then, one of the projects we're working on said "hey, can we ship a PC version too?" We're polishing it to make it shippable. Our tech actually runs a simultaneous build across those four platforms. We've been looking forward to doing a HD console game. Probably a download game -- XBLA/PSN. We just haven't yet.

But all the animation on Blob, since it was all hand-drawn, it's all high-res -- much higher than 1080p. Since we have to downsample it anyway, we could even downsample it to 1080p and do a high-res version.

Was it Majesco's call to put it on the Wii?

VW:
That was a Majesco decision, for making it a Wii game.

Where would you have wanted to see it?

VW:
Wii's good, I mean, we do a lot of Wii stuff. For us, it almost doesn't matter, because our tech is cross-platforrm, the art pipeline's identical -- that's really a marketing decision. In this particular case, it's traditional controller-style gameplay. LIT was the opposite approach -- we wanted to take advantage of every single feature of the Wii Remote, even play sound through the speaker, we wanted to explore all those options. But Blob, we wanted to focus on traditional side-scrolling gameplay.

Now that you've got a self-published downloadable title out on Wii and on DSi, are we going to see more self-published titles from WayForward?

VW:
Yeah, totally. We've got drawers full of ideas that could never see the light of day. Sometimes because they were just too small a concept -- they might make an interesting gp mechanic for one minigame in a larger retail title, but DSiWare and WiiWare lets us take those and say "Hey, we're going to make this a nice little nugget of a game and ship it." We fully intend to.

Are you looking into retail publishing?

VW:
No... (laughs) That seems like... a tough job. We don't know the first thing about publishing. In a sense, we're kind of self-publishing, but it's not the same. We don't have any marketing people, we don't have any sales, and ... no. We're not going to be a publisher.

Anything in the near future on the other services?

VW:
We don't have anything yet. We've got a few that we've started on, but our internal projects end up taking a backburner to our retail projects, so when we get busy those get put on hold. I don't know when exactly, but we would love to have a PSN/XBLA download game at some point -- and PSP, for that matter. We're licensed Sony and Microsoft developers, and we have a PS3 dev kit. Like I said, we have the tech running, so that's not much of a stretch.

Part of the WayForward business model has always been a lot of licenses and then a few original projects. Is that still the company operates into the future?

VW:
Yeah. I know, some people ask that. They say "once you get your own download games, are you going to do exclusively that?" No, I don't think we ever will, because doing the licensed titles, working with publishers, gives us the opportunity to work on cool brands and properties that otherwise we wouldn't get to work on, because they have the resources to afford those licenses and make a retail product. We always want to do that. And at the same time, it's fun to do our own original stuff too. I can't ever foresee a day when we won't do retail products.

Some of the licenses that WayForward works with are kind of the younger, nontraditional licenses ...

VW:
Barbie, SpongeBob ... We've done a lot of Nickelodeon, Shrek, X-Men, American Dragon was pretty young ... going back in time, like Wendy the Witch, Sabrina ... we've done a lot of children's titles. Going way back to the early '90s, we did Muppet Reading and Phonics on floppy disk. But that was like 17 years ago.

Is there ever a concern about your cred among the hardcore?

VW:
Oh, right. I know, it is funny. "From the makers of Contra, here comes Barbie." Actually, it's equally fun. Every game has its own appeal. Honestly, there have been a lot of games we've turned down, just because we couldn't get anyone excited. But if there's someone at our company who's enthusiastic or passionate about our game. You'd be surprised. So many of us have kids -- daughters -- it's perfect.

As far as losing street cred, like ...

With, you know, the E3-type crowd ...

VW:
It's the same people. You know, Adam Tierney went from doing three Barbie titles in a row to doing LIT, which is the opposite end. He said it was to balance things out in his head.

You know, maybe we should be concerned about that. I never really thought about it. Should we? Is that something we need to worry about?

It hasn't seemed to --

VW:
It hasn't really affected us that I know of.

People seem to remember the original titles, and Contra 4. Shantae.

VW:
Yeah ... we haven't really worried about it. That's a good question. Now I'll wonder.

On original stuff, it doesn't really matter if we have the cred or not, because we can do it and kind of see how it goes. Now that you mention it, with Contra, before they showed video of it early on, there were a lot of people saying "Hey, these guys only do kids' titles, why are they doing Contra?" As soon as they saw the videos, it was fine, they changed their tune. I don't really think it affected us much, other than a few random posts, early in the history of it.

People have been waiting a long time for Shantae Advance. Last year at GDC, someone said you were working on a WiiWare Shantae game.

VW:
Well, that was me, and it was kind of random. It was accidental. We had just seen the keynote by Ray Kurzweil, and we were leaving the auditorium. Some guy commented on this action figure that I had, that I think I had gotten free from LucasArts, and he asked about Shantae. I casually told him that Shantae has run on everything. Shantae ran on Super Nintendo, PC, GBA -- we've had it run on hardware that never even shipped. We've had her on cell phones. Shantae has been on everything. It's how we prove our tech.

You take the GBC game and run it on everything?

VW:
We usually make new things. Who knows, maybe we'll get in trouble for saying this, but we even have Shantae running on an iPhone. It will probably never see the light of day, so you don't have to say it's coming out for iPhone, because it probably won't. We've experimented with Shantae tech on everything. She will reemerge one day. I don't know when or even what platform, but she will come back. The reason I can guarantee that now is because of downloadable services. We tried so hard to sell Shantae on GBA, and no one, not even Capcom, who published the original, would touch it. And it was great! Well, I'm biased, but I thought it was great. Shantae DS, similar things. I don't know if she'll emerge on the DS, or DSi download, or Wii, or PSN, XBLA -- we have Shantae running on a PS3, for god's sake. If you ever come to our office, I'll be happy to show you Shantae running on a PS3 -- in full 1080p glory.

The other problem with shipping it -- it's a stretch. It's definitely a stretch to publish Shantae. It's an original IP ... I can understand why publishers would be somewhat reluctant. Oh, and also since it's our own dime funding it, it's kind of a backburner project. We do work on it between the cracks. There's almost always some kind of Shantae development going on at some part of our company.

Do you ever think about taking the old Shantae Advance and just dumping it on DSi as a download?

VW:
We could, except we have a better DS version. There is a good chance it'll be a DSi download game at some point. A lot of that's up to Matt Bozon. Shantae's really his baby, and as much as I -- the GBA demo was like 2 hours. It was a pretty epic demo. As much as I think we could just ship it as is, Matt wants to make sure it's got his seal of approval, which I'm totally on board with, because Matt really has the creative genius for that.

Matt was the lead on Contra, right?

VW:
And Sean (Velasco) was the assistant director, and he's now directing Blob.

Have you seen the Contra ReBirth game on WiiWare that Konami put out?

VW:
I haven't yet, but I should.

Did you hear about it first?

VW:
No, we didn't even know it was in production. We had no inside knowledge about that at all.

Will there be more run and gun type games on the way?

VW:
Yeah, probably. I can say "pretty likely."

Speaking of which, there was a YouTube video a few weeks ago. It was an Aliens: Colonial Marines DS game. According to the video description, it was a WayForward title that had been cancelled by Sega.

VW:
I can tell you that that was nothing that we put out, and there was no project cancelled by Sega for any reason.

You can say that the video was not something you put out?

VW:
The video was definitely not something we put out.

Is Blob the next thing we can look forward to from WayForward?

VW:
Yeah, Blob, and actually the other titles are coming out the same time, they just haven't announced them yet for some reason -- they're all this fall. We're also working on a toy -- a plug and play game. We do those from time to time.

The branded ones that plug directly into the TV?

VW:
Yeah, like we did a couple of Ninja Turtles things a couple years ago, for example.
Fonte: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/12/interview-wayforwards-voldi-way-talks-blobs-shantae-and-stre/

EDIT: Developer Walkthrough:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoTEdlRf0N4&fmt=22

Última edição:
WayForward diz-se inspirada por Disney e Miyazaki:

Sean Velasco: Miyazaki and Disney were two big influences. The soft look of movies like My Neighbour Totoro and Winnie The Pooh helped us get those warm feelings across.

This game should be accessible for kids, but scale up in difficulty for expert gamers. There are 40 stages and 40 challenge stages - a total of 80 levels. If you find absolutely everything, you are looking at 20 hours or more.
Fonte: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=9991

Back