[Wii] Castlevania Judgement (online)

então e só porque o wiimote o permite, eles seriam obrigados a fazer o chicote accionado pelo movimento do comando? não podem implementar um esquema tradicional?

Isso é ser mesquinho.
Os movimentos do Wiimote estão presentes na maioria dos jogos e ninguém se queixa do cansaço.
Como os Castlevanias estão cada vez mais a serem jogos em que a exploração tem predominância em relação às
chicotadas, não há razão para que os jogadores sejam como vaqueiros sempre a agitar a coisinha.

Além que, para dar a chibatada, bastaria fazer um movimento com o Wiimote e pronto, já servia. Mas o magano lá sabe.

Update :D

Igarashi talks more about DS, Wii Castlevania possibilities

A portion of a Game Informer interview with Igarashi…

GI: Are you thinking of incorporating any of the Castlevania characters in the new Track & Field game for the Nintendo DS?

Igarashi: I am very interested in having some of our characters in the game, but I’m reluctant with using them outside of the U.S. market.

GI: With Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles getting approved, which means the game is more or less finished. When do you think we’ll hear about what you’re working on next?

Igarashi:
I will be working on a DS version, but I am thinking of moving to the home consoles for the future. I will continue to use 2D for the DS version, but I’m still trying to figure out which console to do the home console versions. I think the Xbox 360 would be the best platform for the U.S. market.

GI:
You said that you’d go with the Xbox 360 in North America because Castlevania and the Xbox 360 are the most popular there, however, Wii is outselling everything. I’ve asked you previously about the Wii version, because the whip motion and the Wiimote would be perfect, but you were clear that you didn’t think Castlevania would work on the Wii. Have you changed your position about a Wii version of Castlevania?

Igarashi:
Yes, Wii is outselling [other consoles], but the Wii software market is dominated by Nintendo so third party titles are not so good [as far as sales]. The fact that Wii is outselling right now can’t be the reason for me to create a Wii version, but I’m always doing research and development about the Wii version, so I have some ideas about a Wii version already.

Using the whip like this [Igarashi-san made a over head whipping gesture] is very tough for users so I would like to use a surprising approach with this controller. Using the controller like this [Igarashi made a waggle gesture, must like how you control Zelda] is not so good, and boring for Castlevania. If I use the function, the whip should be waved like this [Igarashi-san again made an overhead whipping gesture]. I will have to think about a way to accomplish this.​

Pessoalmente, acho que o Wii Remote era bem porreiro para o Castlevania. Se ele diz que deve ser aborrecido fazer os gestos para fazer 'ataques', quanto mais não será carregar num botão. Mais parece que tem preguiça de criar bons controlos.

Eu gostava era de um regresso às origens nos castlevania das consolas... Imagine-se um castlevania em 2D com montes de layers de paralax scrolling com tudo animado... Um pouco como Odin Sphere (mas claro, com um ambiente e direcção artistica totalmente diferentes)

Mas esse genero de 2D "next-gen" era lindo.

Isto é que eu acho ridiculo...
Wii is outselling [other consoles], but the Wii software market is dominated by Nintendo so third party titles are not so good [as far as sales]. The fact that Wii is outselling right now can’t be the reason for me to create a Wii version, but I’m always doing research and development about the Wii version, so I have some ideas about a Wii version already.
Tipo... ele já olhou para o Line-up de várias developers? como poderiam elas dominar com os seus esforços actuais? (Ferrari Challenge entre outros)

Têm de fazer por competir claro está, não é mandar os jogos e esperar que vendam aos quilos.

Numa conferencia anterior a Nintendo disse que o total de software vendido pelas Third party's na Wii é superior ao da própria Nintendo (logo Nintendo não tem marketshare de 50%) isto só tenderia a reduzir com software de qualidade; enfim... é-se preso por ter cão e por não ter.

Última edição:
Destructoid: The design of the original Metroid games for the Famicom and Super Famicom was clearly a large influence on the evolution of the Castlevania series. As a game player, how do you personally feel about the direction that Metroid has taken with the Metroid Prime trilogy? Would you have been happier if they stuck to the 2D realm like you’ve mostly done with Castlevania?

Igarashi:
I think with Metroid the new direction it has taken is great. I think it’s fabulous. With Castlevania, I want to do something like that. Not exactly what they did, but something that takes it to the next level. So, I haven’t found the right way to do it yet, but it’s something I’m looking for right now.

D: You recently announced that there’s a new Castlevania under way for the DS. Will this game follow the anime style of Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin, or will it be removed from that universe?

I:
I can’t really go into it too deeply, but I’m going to get away a little bit from the anime style. We’ll be doing a press release sometime soon with more information.

D: In general, the Castlevania series has done an incredible job of keeping fans happy. The release this week of Rondo of Blood for the PSP is something many people have been clamoring for. On the other hand, a lot of fans want to see a Wii game that allows you to directly control the whip using the Wii remote. You’ve mentioned before that you don’t feel using the whip in this fashion would be a wise choice. How do you walk the line between implementing concepts you know are truly best for the game, while incorporating aspects that will keep fans satisfied?

I:
The way we develop the games, myself and the team, is we create games that make us happy, that we like. So it’s not really geared toward this direction or that direction. It’s not just what we feel that fans will like, but it’s what we want out of the game.
Fonte: http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-interview-castlevania-s-koji-igarashi-50472.phtml

Mais pressão no homem :D

essas palavras de que não é o que os fans querem, é o que nós queremos.. é um erro de marketing tremendo..

No entanto, acho que há mais gente a pedir um Castlevania 2D do que um 3D com movimentos do wiimote. Um Castlevania 2D aproveitar todo o potencial gráfico da Wii, com uma história brutal e um controlo aperfeiçoado. Seria bom.

Mas a minha preferencia era ver a serie Castlevania recomeçar do zero. Fazerem um jogo com uma história enorme (começando do inicio), onde todos os personagens entravam e interagiam, um desenrolar mais rpg (ao estilo final fantasy), um clima mais horror do genero resident evil, uma acção tipo Zelda, um mundo enorme como oblivion. Juntar os ingredientes que se adequam de outros jogos e formar um jogo que renascesse a serie ao nome que antes teve.

É que tirando o Metal Gear, parece que a Konami nao investe a serio na produçao dos jogos. é tudo feito pelo minimo...

Rumored New Castlevania DS Screens Indicate Wii Connectivity

castevania_ds_screens.jpg

What we do find interesting about another potential Dracula's castle is the Wii menu item in the leaked title screen. What could Iga and crew have planned for Wii connectivity? Could it have something to do with the long-rumored Wii version of the venerable franchise or could WiiWare capabilities come to the DS? We can only speculate that, if these screens are real, third parties may be looking to take advantage of both machines' Wi-fi capabilities. Portrait of Ruin made good use of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for its online shop trading service, so we wonder if Konami has something similar planned.

It's worth noting that these alleged screens have a very different art style than the previous two titles, which had a strong anime influence, something that wasn't necessarily well received by fans. If these screens are an indication of the direction of the next game in the series, we hope it means that long time character designer Ayami Kojima has a hand in it.

Take it as rumor for now or, at the very least, some damn good fakes.
Fonte: http://kotaku.com/346759/rumored-new-castlevania-ds-screens-indicate-wii-connectivity

Interessante, se for verdade; embora não faça ideia do que poderá significar.

essas palavras de que não é o que os fans querem, é o que nós queremos.. é um erro de marketing tremendo..

Não é totalmente. A ver é que o público muitas vezes não sabe o que quer, e concordo totalmente que usar o controlar para movimentar o chicote não ia funcionar.

O Castlevania não é um jogo de circo onde estou a controlar leões....tens que matar muitos, mas mesmo muitos demonios, e passado um bocado mexer o wiimote ia ser uma seca do caraças. O chicote está lá para matar, não para fazer florzinhas....

Mas a minha preferencia era ver a serie Castlevania recomeçar do zero. Fazerem um jogo com uma história enorme (começando do inicio), onde todos os personagens entravam e interagiam, um desenrolar mais rpg (ao estilo final fantasy), um clima mais horror do genero resident evil, uma acção tipo Zelda, um mundo enorme como oblivion. Juntar os ingredientes que se adequam de outros jogos e formar um jogo que renascesse a serie ao nome que antes teve.
Transformar o Castlevania numa soap-opera?... Não obrigado.
Até podes fazer um jogo com vampiros como tu descreves, mas deixava de ser Castlevania.....

Última edição:
Eu gostava que finalmente fizessem uma boa transição do Castlevania para 3D... O género 2D é frequentemente chamado de "Metroid-vania" e acredito que ao fim de tantas tentativas em 3D... não acertaram (também não as jogei todas, no entanto); olhando para a forma como o Metroid Prime deu o pulo... gostava de ver um leap semelhante para o Castlevania.

Whip com o Wiimote para ataques simples... nem faço questão dele nem deixo de fazer; a acontecer tinha de ser tipo Zelda TP e movimentos pequenos, de forma a não ser cansativo; mas podia funcionar de forma suficientemente semelhante a keypresses (e até, um pouco mais imersivo, pelo menos para alguns)

Dito isto... o melhor prospecto que vejo para um Whip via motion sensing; é precisamente o grappling hook do Metroid Prime 3, faz sentido o chicote poder agarrar coisas e seria bem imersivo poder puxá-las (não necessáriamente com o mesmo tipo de camara first person do MP3, no entanto)

Mas seria algo que gostava de ver.

Castlevania Wii confirmado:

Executivo da Konami revela novos Castlevanias para Wii e DS num evento no Brasil

Durante uma conferencia realizada ontem na cidade de São Paulo, o Vice Presidente Executivo da Konami USA, Shinji Hirano, fez uma revelação para os fãs da série Castlevania, o lançamento de novos jogos da série para Wii e Nintendo DS.

Infelizmente, outras informações não foram adiantadas, mas Hirano disse que para a semana que vem será realizado um evento chamado Konami Gamer's Day nos EUA, onde serão oficializados os dois novos jogos.
Fonte: http://arenaturbo.ig.com.br/materias/485501-486000/485716/485716_1.html

E... Corre o rumor que é 2D, ou pelo menos sidescroller.

Tava custoso, mas lá repararam que a Wii poderia ser uma boa opção. Os 2 últimos jogos de castlevania na DS agradaram-me bastante, por isso o jogo para DS devo comprar. Em relação à Wii só o tempo o dirá.

Excelentes notícias mesmo.

O Castlevania é um jogo clássico e que sempre gostei, principalmente das versões iniciais, acho que como o I_EAT_ALL diz deviam tentar dar o pulo mas como no metroid uma coisa muito bem conseguída mesmo, qualquer pessoa que jogue no metroid consegue identificar-se com a saga e com os primeiros metroid e no entanto é totalmente em 3D, vamos esperar para ver, de qualquer maneira, 2D ou 3D é um título muito bem vindo.

Ainda não foi desta que abriram o jogo:

Well we hate to ask, since I'm sure you've been asked a million times, but what was with the "Wii Connect" option on that first screenshot of the game? It was everywhere on the internet.

Igarashi:
Ahhhh yes. Well, that's a secret. We'll have to wait on that for now. (laughs)

Did someone get fired over that one?

Igarashi:
Well, things happen. (laughs) Please erase that from my memory.

Well, we do have to bring up one more thing, as the fans are asking like crazy. What do you have in mind for the future of Castlevania, specifically when in regards to the Wii? Also, do you feel that Castlevania works better as a 2D franchise than a 3D one? It has been very well received on PSX, then on GBA, and now on DS.

Igarashi:
First let me answer the question about 2D and 3D. As you know, the 2D and 3D gameplay has been completely different, and I felt that on DS that 2D was best-suited for the platform, so that's why we stuck with it in 2D for all three games. It was the right type of game for the right system. In regards to the Wii, there's not really much I can say right now. I'm looking at the system, and we're looking to expand the franchise, so I'm sure that in the coming weeks or months you'll be hearing something new.

This will be our final question. We're huge Castlevania fans, so we feel the need to ask this one. Regardless of platform or future direction for the company itself, do you feel that you can take what you did in Symphony of the Night again, and take the magic of that incredible 2D experience and duplicate it again now, or has the era of 2D ended, so to speak?

Igarashi:
I think that development for 2D in regards to the Wii or any other system is very difficult to do right now, but there are other avenues we can use to explore the 2D progression of Castlevania such as WiiWare or downloadable content and whatnot. So no, I don't think it's really a dead thing.

But if you were making you amazing, epic game, you wouldn't go for a crazy, over-the-top 2D spectacular like Symphony of the Night?

Igarashi:
In regards to that, I've been doing 2D, and we've done it very well, but with 3D it's something that I want to move into, and I think it needs to be done. It has been frustrating for me, but there's something I've got to do for that.
Fonte: http://ds.ign.com/articles/874/874323p1.html

EDIT: Mais hints: (ou pelo menos pressão)

Next week, we ask Iga on whether he’s figured out a way to make “Castlevania” finally work on the Wii.
Fonte: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008...or-indiana-jones-movie-poses-for-multiplayer/

Última edição:
Back