[Wii] EA Sports Active

Satigor

Power Member
Parece que que a Board do Wii Fit começa a despertar interesses :D

EA making Wii fitness game
News by Johnny Minkley

Watch out - Peter Moore wants to make you sweat. The EA Sports president has revealed his division is working on a fitness game for Wii that utilises the balance board peripheral. The unannounced title will release under the newly-created Freestyle label and focus on more "western" cardio-vascular workouts, compared with the "eastern holistic fitness" of Nintendo's Wii Fit.

Speaking during a major three-day EA Sports showcase at the publisher's Vancouver HQ, Moore spoke of his admiration for Nintendo's breakthrough hit and the opportunities it has created.

"We're watching very closely what the Wii Fit board does," he said. "We think we have to have a role to play with that mum - the kids have gone to school, she's got 45 minutes on her own, the Wii is there, it's the first console she's ever liked because she can do things herself. And we're working on stuff, trying to work out how we can use EA Sports applications there."

But Moore, a former physical education instructor, insisted EA's product would go down a different route from Wii Fit, with a greater focus on strenuous fun.

"I need to have a point of difference," he explained. "We also need to make sure we're delivering something that's truly exercise. I'll call [Wii Fit] more eastern fitness, where it senses weight and balance, like Tai-Chi. It's more about holistic fitness. I don't think the board is going to take a pounding. We need to look more at western fitness in which I can actually be moving and start to sweat a little bit, and that's what we're working on right now."

While the former Xbox boss would not be drawn on specifics, he was keen to emphasise that EA, like Nintendo, was focusing on fitness through "fun". "It can't feel like a workout," he added. "The team has to figure out, how do I smile while I'm doing this? You play soccer for 90 minutes; if I say you're going to run five miles you're not gonna want to do that. But you run for five miles playing soccer and you've had a good time.

"The difference is you're distracted. We need to distract people and not make this exercise feel like work, but like they're having fun. So mini-games, things where you're actually laughing out loud, that's the stuff we're working on. It's something I've always been passionate about, and who better than us to go and play in that market?"

EA Sports Freestyle replaces the previous 'Big' brand, with cartoon boxing title Facebreaker confirmed as the first release on the label, due later this year.

Fonte: Eurogamer

[Wii] EA untitled Wii Fit Clone

EA revealed earlier today that they too have a fitness game in the works, one which uses the balance board like Wii Fit.

Peter Moore, EA's President commented that their game would take a western approach to fitness, with activities that are more strenuous and work the heart harder.

"I need to have a point of difference. We also need to make sure we're delivering something that's truly exercise. I'll call Wii Fit more eastern fitness, where it senses weight and balance, like Tai-Chi. It's more about holistic fitness. I don't think the board is going to take a pounding. We need to look more at western fitness in which I can actually be moving and start to sweat a little bit, and that's what we are working on right now".

http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/ea-balance-board-fitness-game.html

Mais uma imitação barata como foi com o Brain Training... típico da editora que o quer fazer, e viva o dinheiro rápido.

Pode ser que não, a EA até que tem dado um bom suporte third party; duvido é que tenha o impacto de um Wii Fit, mas tem potencial de ser um bom produto para o publico do Wii Fit.

Creio que a EA nunca fez clones de Brain Training.

Eu acho que deviam aproveitar muito bem mesmo, porque a board do Wii Fit tem muitas potencialidades e até agora sem concorrência, talvez seja desta que a EA decida fazer algo com cabeça e com qualidade mesmo.

Pode ser que não, a EA até que tem dado um bom suporte third party; duvido é que tenha o impacto de um Wii Fit, mas tem potencial de ser um bom produto para o publico do Wii Fit.

Creio que a EA nunca fez clones de Brain Training.

Não ,não, o que queria dizer é que com o sucesso que o Brain Training teve houve logo meia dúzia de third-parties a querer fazer jogos do mesmo género, que é o que vejo neste caso, mas por parte da EA.

anúncio oficial

EA SPORTS Active tracks your movements on screen to give you real time feedback on your workout. Track both upper and lower body movements and experience Wii controls in a whole new way with our specially designed leg straps.

Embark on the 30 Day Challenge and use the structure as a road map to reach your goals. Your trainer will be the focal point of the experience and create a new 20 minute workout for you every day, providing clear instruction, motivation and positive encouragement.

EA SPORTS Active features a wide variety of activities that target upper body, lower body, as well as cardio. Each daily workout will feel different then the last and increase in intensity as you work up a sweat towards your goals. In the custom workout mode, you can cater the length of the workout to the time you have available, which body areas you want to focus on and identify your favorite of the over 20 exercises – and you will see how many calories you are burning in real time.

EA SPORTS Active gives you the benefit of a personal trainer right into your living room and the promise of a better you.

Key Features

• Active Fitness Made Fun & Easy
    20 minute circuits feature variety and familiar activities that target upper body, lower body as well as cardio. Start off with a run, followed by bicep curls and get your heart beating with some cardio boxing. Get fit and have fun in minutes a day!
  • Benefit of a Trainer in a Box
    Your trainer will be the focal point of the experience guiding you towards your own version of personal achievement. Feedback will be given throughout your workout, keeping you on track to reach your fitness goals.
  • 30 Day Challenge
    The game will track your progress as you embark on a 30 Day Challenge and tailor 20 minute workouts to your level of fitness. Circuits will change as you progress each day, and EA SPORTS Active will track calories, intensity and progress throughout your journey.
  • New Way to Play
    Slip the Nunchuk into the specially designed leg strap and hold the Wii Remote in your hand to track your movements from both your upper and lower body. A resistance band is also included to increase the intensity of exercises such as bicep curls and shoulder presses.
  • Workout Your Way
    Circuits can be customized to your interest and fitness level. Choose your duration, intensity level & set your own goals for calories burned and workout score.
  • Wii Balance Board Compatibility
    Get more out of your EA SPORTS Active workout using a Wii Balance Board with added functionality and physical benefits for many of exercises.
Fonte

Parece que já vendeu 1 Milhão em 5 semanas (sem vendas japonesas).

Última edição:
Já o vi à venda nas lojas físicas. Pela primeira vez fiquei surpreendido com os jogos disponíveis numa loja em Portugal. Jogos acabadinhos de lançar já expostos, tipo grand Slam tennis, EA Active Sports, Klonoa e mais não me lembro. :P Mas é bom, para variar. :p

Estou a pensar em comprar este para fazer uns exercícios nas ferias. Fica mais barato que o WiiFit e é capaz de ser engraçado. Gosto daqueles gráficos das calorias e goals atingidos.

Estou a pensar em comprar este para fazer uns exercícios nas ferias. Fica mais barato que o WiiFit e é capaz de ser engraçado. Gosto daqueles gráficos das calorias e goals atingidos.

Sabes que ele suporta Wii Balance Board (que não vem incluído com este jogo)? Não para todos os exercícios mas para alguns.

Pois realmente sei... Mas não tenho balance board. :( No entanto se gostar no futuro sou capaz de comprar (quando baixar de preço)

O jogo ainda é caro (muito por causa dos acessórios que vêm incluídos)... estar a comprar para não o aproveitar totalmente parece-me um mau investimento

hey, eu comprei o jogo, ainda n tenho o wii fit, mas acho k mesmo assim valeu bem o dinheiro...consegues ter uma boa sessão de exercicio, eu fiz uma sessão light e cheguei ao fim super cansada (mas tb tou em baixo de forma). So tem um defeito..n tem uma sessão de akecimento...e isso sente-se no fim e no dia seguinte >.< .. deviam pelo menos falar nisso ou aconselhar alguns exercecios pr akecer...começar pela corrida n é suficiente.

Back