Wii Ju-on: The Grudge (Feelplus)

Tidbits IGN:

First Look: Ju-on Wii
New form of horror from the makers of The Grudge.

The Wii's dabbling with the paranormal won't be limited to just Fatal Frame. The latest in spooks for the system has an even more high profile name: Ju-on, aka The Grudge.

The Japanese horror series that served as the basis of 2004's The Grudge is getting its very own Wii game in the form of Kyoufu Taikan: Ju-on, or "Fear Experience: Ju-on."

Set for Japanese release later this year through AQ Interactive, Ju-on puts you in a haunted mansion, equipping you with the Wiimote in flashlight mode. Alternating between members of a family, you'll walk around the mansion and experience various forms of fear. At the end of each stage, the game uses your Wiimote motions to determine your fright level.

Outside of the single player mode of play, the game also promises a multiplayer mode of sorts. In this mode, other players are able to control the various gimmicks that appear in the stages.

The Wii title is close to the movies in more than just name as Ju-on series director Takashi Shimizu is overseeing the project.
Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/973/973742p1.html

Tu ultimamente estás a fazer-me lembrar o theforbidden... :rolleyes:

E que tal ler dois posts acima??

Acalma-te lá que foi uma pergunta séria. Não tenho nada contra jogos on-rails e só perguntei se este era. Pelas imagens parece ser.

Já li o que o I_Eat_All postou e não vejo lá nada que me diga se temos controlo do movimento da personagem ou não. "you'll walk around the mansion" não me diz nada. Só se me passou qualquer coisa ao lado...

Imagens offscreen:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Detalhes da Dengeki:

How Wii Owners Feel Fear With Ju-On

You use the Wii remote’s pointer to control the flashlight, but there’s a catch: the B trigger is used to move forward, while Down on the D-pad is used to move back. The A button acts as your context-sensitive “action” button. Apparently, the game doesn’t make use of the Nunchuk at all, which sounds so-very-cool. The game has a mechanic by which your flashlight can run out of battery, leaving you alone in the dark (no pun intended), which should make for some interesting situations.

As we previously reported, Ju-On also has some sort of a “multiplayer” element that sounds akin to Super Mario Galaxy or The Crystal Bearers where a second player can pick up a second Wii remote and introduce some sort of “surprise” element to the game. Details on this are sketchy.

Interestingly enough, Dengeki sings praises of the game’s sound, calling it excellent and advising people to play the game with headphones to further enhance the thrill.

Personally, I’m kind of excited for this. The Wii is getting a lot of survival horror games this year between Fatal Frame 4, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Darkside Chronicles and Dead Space Extraction. Funny thing is, I get the feeling Ju-On and its original story might just kick all their asses in the scares department.

Ju-On releases July 30 in Japan, and considering the recent increased stake of AQ Interactive in XSEED, there’s a good chance we’ll see this localized.
Fonte: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/05/11/how-wii-owners-feel-fear-with-ju-on/

:)

Confirmado para fora do Japão:

Ju-On: The Grudge Lets You Terrify A Friend

Xseed confirmed they will bring Ju-On: The Grudge to North America this October. The announcement came with extra details about the game or "haunted house simulator", as Xseed describes it.

Players explore creepy locations like a dimly-lit hospital, mannequin factory, and abandoned warehouse. While you’re gripping the Wii remote like a flashlight things try to frighten you.

A neat element in Ju-On: The Grudge is you a friend or mortal enemy can control the scares with another Wii remote. Pushing buttons make in-game events happen. Jun Iwasaki, President of Xseed, says . "Ju-On: The Grudge makes quick scares accessible to anyone with a Wii, players can even hand the Wii Remote to their mother and enjoy watching her play and get scared." Keep that in mind when Mother’s Day comes around in 2010.

Another tidbit about Ju-On: The Grudge is Feelplus, the studio behind Lost Odyssey and soon Ninety-Nine Nights 2, is the developer. Ju-On: The Grudge will be their first Wii game.
Fonte: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/05/22/ju-on-the-grudge-lets-you-terrify-a-friend/

Logo "western":

juonlogo_trans.png

Rising Star confirma ser a editora do jogo para a Europa:

Rising Star Games today officially confirms that JU-ON: The Grudge is in development, exclusively for the Wii and scheduled for release in Europe during Q4 2009. Based on the classic Japanese horror movie, JU-ON: The Grudge is a ‘haunted house simulator’ where accessibility and instant scares are a highlight over other game aspects. Original movie creator, Takashi Shimizu, is heavily involved in the development of the game and serves as a creative consultant.

Using the Wii Remote as a flashlight, JU-ON: The Grudge has players move forward with the touch of a button and explore haunted areas such as an abandoned warehouse, a dimly lit hospital and a mannequin factory. With a story revolving around the unfortunate Yamada family, JU-ON: The Grudge features a new unique gameplay mechanic that measures your movements during play - the more you flinch and jump, the worse your success rate becomes. The player can progress through the game with bad scores, but it is those with a steady hand and nerves of steel that will have the most to gain from this experience.

We are absolutely delighted to have secured JU-ON: The Grudge for a European release,” enthused Yen Hau, Rising Star Games’ product marketing assistant. “This is a renowned horror title not only in its native Japan but also in worldwide cinema. With Shimizu-san also heavily involved in the creation process of the game, this is as close as you can get to an interactive horror movie and is perfectly suited to join the Rising Star Games family.”

Tables spontaneously shook, footprints appeared in the dust out of nowhere, and partially-visible specters took flight away from the heroine as I looked on, already glancing around the room myself for the nearest available exit. The heroine continued her exploration, cautiously, and encountered a demon-possessed child hiding behind a nearby door -- who then disappeared. (:D)

This game is &^%$'d up, no doubt about it. And it gets even worse, apparently, when a second player joins the fun -- JU-ON isn't cooperative, but a second human with a Wii Remote can trigger spectral events for Player 1, to try to freak them out even more. Sounds like a sick joke waiting to happen -- sneak into the room when your buddy thinks he's playing alone, slickly grab the second Wiimote, skulk away into the shadows and use it to summon all kinds of horrors to assault his poor character. That's twisted.

JU-ON's definitely a different kind of game, as it's not survival horror, and it's not action-oriented -- there's no combat, no running from hordes of zombies or anything like that. It really is, though, a haunted house simulator -- an interactive, slow-paced exploration of a psychologically straining set of environments that will, guaranteed, cause you to have nightmares for weeks. If that's your deal, keep an eye out for this one when it launches in time for Halloween, this October. But, as for me, I'll be out at Walmart buying myself a new Sesame Street nightlight.

in http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991408p1.html

WTF? Haunted house sim?? Sinceramente, não sei que pensar. Por um lado, é original. Por outro... não sei o que é um Haunted house sim... lol

Mas continuarei atento para perceber!

Back