Wii Sakura Taisen/Wars 5 Wii: So Long, My Love (Sega/Nippon Ichi)

Não meteria tantos "vómitos" mas.. não sei bem explicar... pareceu-me algo cheesy, com falta de momentum e um tom que não condizia nada com o que se passava. Felizmente isso não será problema (espero) quando metermos o aúdio japonês em acção :D

De resto, o destaque vai para a boa animação e claro, saber que já não falta muito :007:

Última edição:
Cá por mim só não meti mais porque não cabia numa linha... :D

Detestei! Foleiro, desenquadrado... fez-me lembrar as novelas mexicanas. Diria: à altura de um Ar Tonelico 2!

É como dizes... estou-me a marimbar. Com vozes em japonês duvido que jogasse em inglês. De qualquer forma, é sempre mau... mais valia não fazerem, IMHO...

Yep, era mesmo essa designação: novela mexicana :002:

Imagina se não houvesse o aúdio Japonês, pelo menos a moda ultimamente em jogos mais "desconhecidos" tem sido em manter o aúdio original, e espero que essa tendência se alastre. Chamem os gajos do Dragon Ball português e tinhamos algo em condições :D

E agora, mais um pequeno aparte.. após vários jogar vários títulos diferentes (não muitos) de RPGs de estratégia é com pena que nunca, mas nunca vi nada feito ao nível de um Super Smash no que toca a estes jogos. Só de imaginar um jogo que englobava Shining Force x Fire Emblem x Luminous Arc x Sakura Wars (possivelmente) com mapas relacionados com as mesmas, centenas de personagens à nossa disposição, cada qual fiél ao seu jogo deixa-me com uma lágrima no olho.

Para não falar de que, adicionar persnagens além S-RPGs mas vê-los a lutar num RPG de estratégia seria uma outra experiência.. Imagino pegar num Link e ser possível andar a pé ou montar o Epona (dando mais mobildiade), ou pegar num Ryu Hayabusa ou Dante e ter aqueles combos (em forma de ataques especiais), ou pegando num Isaac do Golden Sun e ter acesso aos vários summons...

Claro que isto teria de ser perspectivado, utilizando um sistema semelhante aos do SF e FE (2D ou pseudo 3D, ou sprites) com transição para 3D.

Oh well... que venha primeiro este Sakura Wars porque até chegar o dia em que haverá um jogo que pegue em tantas personagens e... seja SRPG, é melhor ir preparando a campa :sad:

Última edição:
Nem me quero aproximar à Saga Sakura Taisen...para não ter um derrame cerebral...

Quantos jogos, anime e movies existe?? 3000000 * 1 * 999999??? ;\

Jogo está bonito. Mas em termos de história vai ser estranho? ou isto é tipo spin-off? ;\

Em termos de história vai ser estranho? ou isto é tipo spin-off? ;\
Tanto quanto sei os Sakura Taisen são de certo modo como os final fantasy's... sem relação evidente entre eles. Excepto que neste caso (creio) se passam na mesma era, mas em sitios/países diferentes.

Este não é spin-off, mas segue a tradição da série. Não requer os anteriores de qualquer forma ou feitio. (tanto quanto sei)

Tanto quanto sei os Sakura Taisen são de certo modo como os final fantasy's... sem relação evidente entre eles. Excepto que neste caso (creio) se passam na mesma era, mas em sitios/países diferentes.

Este não é spin-off, mas segue a tradição da série. Não requer os anteriores de qualquer forma ou feitio. (tanto quanto sei)

Sim pelo que estive a ler passa-se sempre no mesmo planeta (presumo que seja "TERRA"), mas apenas muda Cronologicamente, misturando culturas + demónios e tecnologia.

No japão é uma das séries mais bem sucedidas. Tendo um café com o nome de Sakura Taisen. E jogo irá sair também para a PS2.

Omg parecem as dobragens americanas de anime, horrível. Já têm vozes de meter medo, não devem faltar piadas secas non-sense exclusivamente amercianas.:puke::tareon:

Última edição:
Omg parecem as dobragens americanas de anime, horrível. Já têm vozes de meter medo, não devem faltar piadas secas non-sense exclusivamente amercianas.:puke::tareon:
Felizmente o jogo tem dual-audio :)

Artigo:

The Forgotten: A Storm of Romance Under the Banner of Love

150179-4878-150168-1231231231jpg-620x.jpg

Can something be "forgotten" if you have yet to be given the chance to remember it?

According to Famitsu, it is one of Japan's most beloved franchises. It helped make the Sega Saturn, had its very own themed cafe, and scored several takarazuka-syle theater adaptations. It has action, adventure, pseudo-MMO, puzzle game and even dungeon-crawler spin-off titles. With millions of sales, it is all but a household name among Japanese gamers.

It is known...as Sakura Wars.

Unless you're an anime connoisseur or importer, that name is unlikely to ring a bell. Ironically, nearly every other Sakura Wars property has crossed over to American shores. The TV series, the movie, the OVAs, and the manga, all have made it, and managed moderate success, to boot.

But why have none of the actual source materials - the games themselves, ever made the crossing? Few of the adaptations I mentioned above can actually stand apart from their sources, and yet viewers liked them enough to warrant distribution to this day. Why? Why, why, why?!

For those in the know, some of those reasons why are fairly clear. From its eroge-style core gameplay and anime visuals to the involvement of...ugh....reading, the list of potential stumbling blocks is significant.

And yet, Sega's ham-headed dismissal of the property, especially in a climate that is friendlier to "quirky" Japanese-y games than ever, stands as an inexcusable disgrace to its own legacy, an insult to gamers' intelligence and tolerance. I'm frankly of the mind that the Dreamcast might have lived just a tiny bit longer in the US if Sakura Wars had come out, further tapping the Japanophile audience devoted to the platform.

Wishful thinking, I know, but those games captured me. It was solely for them that I bought a Dreamcast long after it had lost commercial viability, and still they remain the only Dreamcast games I own. Hell, I was so captured that I wrote the entire first draft of the series' goddamn Wikipedia page.

I'm not just saying this as a hopeless weeaboo fanboy, but as a gamer who wouldn't mind a few new genres tossed into the mix every so often. I often wax eloquent about games I admire more than enjoy, but Sakura Wars is not one such series. Since the announcement, I've given thanks to various Gods and Devils that NIS-America went and honored Sega's past when Sega itself would not.

Simply put, I like these games very much.

Let me tell you why.

Note: I'll be discussing the series in general rather than any specific title, unless stated otherwise.

Heavy on Steam, Light on Punk

Sakura Wars alternate-1920's world may be one of magic power and frequent demonic incursion, but it is in no way "gritty," "realistic" or "edgy." In fact, it seems to take the idea of being steam-powered as some sort of clearance to go absolutely insane with its setting and design. Brass tubes, rivets, pressure gauges and valves adorn every surface. Steam-powered PCs and video cameras hoot and hiss when activated, and battles are fought in tank-sized, can-shaped mecha.

It doesn't stop there. A giant, robot-launching cannon lies hidden under the Arc de Triomph in Paris. A battleship-sized fighting train is dropped down a mile-deep spinning launch tunnel, conveniently located under the Grand Imperial Opera House. The walkways of Asakusa's Sensouji Temple simply flip up, like the pages of a comic book, allowing an ironclad battle-blimp to take flight. Entire levels of metropolitan infrastructure are seemingly devoted to helping a squad of nine-foot-tall robots fight off the evil invaders. All of this, done in secret. That's akin to having Batman in charge of Gotham City's Urban Development Council. Batmobile tunnels everywhere.

Riding the Rainbow

As an artifact of culture, Sakura Wars feels like it's been stuck in a time-bubble for the last ten-odd years. That's not particularly surprising, since it debuted way back in 1996, and its fifth installment (the one that NIS-A is bringing to you) is almost five years old as of this writing. Its heroes are unabashedly heroic, fighting for love, truth, justice, and the peace of Japan, France, or America. They wear elaborate, color-coordinated uniforms as they rush into battle, yelling out florid attack titles as they engage flamboyant, cackling villains intent on world domination. They even have themed names! Everything bursts with color, sheen and an air of simple, gee-whiz positivity that seems to make no sense in the gray-brown, postmodern, morally compromised world that today's games are enamored of.

The sweet madness applied to Sakura Wars' landscape persists when taken to the personal level. The cast members live double lives, celebrities by day and demon-hunters by night. Tokyo's greatest opera singers enter battle as the Imperial Assault Troupe (get it?), Paris' defenders perform nightly at Les Chatte Noires cabaret, and the New York Combat Revue headquarters under Times Square's Little Lip Theater.

To get to their briefing rooms, they dive down twisting tubes, switching outfits in freefall. They come from the most colorful backgrounds known to man. One is a Russian-revolutionary-turned-mafia-enforcer-turned-actress/robot-pilot, and another is a nun-in-training who wields a double-barreled machine gun. Yet another is a Texan cowgirl taught the way of the samurai, keeping her trusty horse in a 6th-floor Manhattan loft.

Better still, few of them are the emotional teens that populate contemporary JRPGs. In between acting, beating villains to a pulp, and goofy slapstick, there's no time for (much) existential angst. They don't need to know what they're fighting for. They fight for peace, love, justice, etc., and those that would threaten it, such as a man named "Blue Satan," hailing from an organization known as "The Hive of Blackness." Evil has yet to be more easily defined.

Saturday-Morning Steambots

All things considered, Sakura Wars feels more like a sentai series born from the unholy union of young boys' and girls' fantasy scenarios:

Boy: "Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!"

Girl: "But they sing and dance!"

Boy: "They launch from a secret base..."

Girl: "...that's right under the opera house!"

And so on. In fact, that's how the games treat themselves: as cartoon shows of a sort, except with multiple endings, one for each character.

Just as WET or House of the Dead: Overkill share the mindset of violent grindhouse b-movies, Sakura Wars reveres the cheesy, uber-campy, all-ages super-team extravaganza.

It's production values are feature film-grade, its interface oozes brass-and-steam style. Opening with powerful theme songs about destroying evil and fighting for love, it moves by the "episode," with a quick preview of the next chapter at the end. And when the smoke clears, everyone strikes a group victory pose.

Sakura Wars doesn't aim to subvert old tropes and cliches. In fact, it helped establish them, gleefully butchering foreign cultures and great works in pursuit of silly fun. Sakura Wars games may well end up feeling fresh and innovative to you precisely because they devote little energy trying being so, unconsciously proving that "everything old is new again." Games that are so naively honest with themselves, and their players, are hard to find. Games that do that and still succeed are even more rare.

Flapping LIPS, Swinging ARMS

While I said just now that Sakura Wars don't try to be new and fresh, I did not mean that the games are derivative. Quite the opposite, in fact. Being lucky enough to experience it early on, I was made aware of just what it does that, to our eyes, will feel so novel. Several of its key features are only now worming their way into into the newest, most "evolved" western-style RPGs.

Sakura Wars' Big Idea is expressed in dialog interaction, via "LIPS". Standing for "Live Interactive Picture System", LIPS makes up the bulk of gameplay. Rather than a banal eroge-style conversation tree, LIPS injects much-needed variety into the talky-talk by turning it into a sort of minigame.

LIPS events come in various flavors, but the main type is a timed dialog response. Players must make their choice before time runs out. The difference is that letting time run out is also a valid answer, sometimes interpreted as stoicism or even indecision. That indecision can even change responses. An imperative order might change into a polite suggestion if the player waits too long enough. Other forms include the Dreamcast-introduced Analog LIPS, wherein the player determines the force of his response by playing with an analog gauge. Up high, a hot-blooded yell. Down low, a smug whisper. Still others mimic QTEs. All of them affect the player's relationships with the cast, adding (or subtracting) invisible "trust points."

Up-to-date gamers might recognize LIPS interactions, as similar to the new hotness that brand-new RPGs like Alpha Protocol and Mass Effect 2 will bring to the table. Welcome to thirteen years ago, guys.

It's better to experience the games' "ARMS" battle system live, and as such I'll leave just these four points:

1. ARMS stands for "Active Real-time Machine System."
2. The roots of Valkyria Chronicles' BLiTZ ("Battle of Live Tactical Zones") system lie here.
3. LIPS choices affect performance by granting stat boosts to the happiest characters or changing the style of the player's attacks.
4. Triggering a special attack is legendary.

This Memory Lane Leads to the Future

Sakura Wars, basically speaking, apes our anime childhood (and was part of it, in my case). It channels a rose-tinted, nostalgic time, when things seemed less cynical or postmodern, less dedicated to emotional sophistication, ethical quagmires, deep meaning, or sharp social commentary. All it wants is to sing, dance, and put on a good show for the audience. To quote its slogans, Sakura Wars wants to be "A Storm of Romance amid the Taishou Cherry Blossoms". It wants to stand "Under the Banner of Love".

I fondly remember it that way and fortunately, you may too get that chance. I encourage you not to pass on it.
Fonte: http://www.destructoid.com/the-forgotten-a-storm-of-romance-under-the-banner-of-love-150179.phtml

Sakura Wars Rescheduled For March, Premium Box Is PS2 Only

NIS America sent us a final release date for Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love, and it isn’t sometime in February like our pre-release copy says. The game will be in stores on March 23, 2010.

The North American version of Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love is being made for two consoles, PlayStation 2 and Wii. However, the two disc premium box containing a poster, art book, and Japanese and English voice acting on separate discs is only for the PlayStation 2. The Wii version has one disc with English voiceovers and none of the goodies. NIS America says they’ll make it up to Wii owners by giving them a “killer bargain.” (uuhhhhhh :rolleyes:)

Nice to see what appears to be the swan song of PlayStation 2 RPGs for North America get a fancy box set. Bummer that Wii owners won’t be able to purchase the same package, but at least they’re getting Sakura Wars. In Japan, Sakura Taisen V was a PlayStation 2 exclusive.

siliconera

Cá te espero versão PS2. Tendo em conta os extras todos, e tirando talvez a qualidade de imagem ligeiramente superior...
Ah, e um verdadeiro tiro para os utilizadores da Wii. Custava tanto termos direito ao mesmo?

PS2 is the Premium Version and includes art book, poster and Japanese voice over disc for $39.99

Wii is the regular version with just the English voiceover disc for $29.99

Sakura Wars US

Última edição:
Mandei um mail à nippon ichi a dizer que ia comprar ambas as versões (e ia) mas que agora, graças à tremenda demonstração de estupidez deles, me recuso a comprar qualquer uma delas... A não ser que voltem atrás.

Onde é que já se viu, tentar lançar um franchise (na esperança de aí sim, conseguirem trazer mais jogos da série) prejudicando a versão na consola market leader da geração actual, a favor de uma consola com 9 anos que está ligada à maquina.

Que cambada de anormais que aqueles gajos são, já com o Phantom Brave Wii foi preciso haver um motim para meterem voice-overs Japoneses no jogo.

É realmente uma decisão que não se compreende, e agora que li com olhos de ver a press release, o único killer bargain é apenas a diferença pela módica quantia de 10$ (parece que é um grande favor) em comparação com o que foi tirado.

Entretanto, as primeiras imagens da versão inglesa (PS2)

ss063.jpg

ss070.jpg

ss079.jpg

ss056.jpg

ss037.jpg

ss067.jpg

ss058.jpg

ss059.jpg

ss097.jpg

ss054.jpg

ss062.jpg

ss112.jpg

ss057.jpg

Bem, saíu a review da IGN, e deram um 9.0.

Não é o tipo de rpg que me deixa mais entusiasmado mas vou dar uma olhadela nele para ver se vale o investimento.

Na review do Nintendolife dizem que não suporta 480p, afinal suporta ou não?

--
Edit:
. The Wii version runs in progressive scan which helps the graphics a little bit, but the PS2 version will run in 1080p if you have a PS3 capable of playing PS2 games and a TV that will display 1080p. If you only have a Wii and a PS2 then the Wii version is definitely prettier since the PS2 hardware will not allow you to run the game in 480p or widescreen.
http://www.gamingtrend.com/Reviews/review/review.php?ReviewID=1423
Deve ser erro do Nintendolife.

--

Edit2:
Edit:
**Despite what people think, the game is not in 480p in the wii version. It is 480i and in 4:3 mode (non-widescreen) just to clarify that bit
Mas depois vejo pessoal a dizer isto. Raios.. afinal é ou não? :S

Última edição:
Back