IMG_18.jpg

IMG_19.jpg

IMG_20.jpg

IMG_21.jpg

I like :D

Última edição:
Gostei especialmente desta:

IMG_14.jpg

Pegar no objecto e poder ver coisas como o preço e texto inscrito confere imenso potencial ao jogo, e o detalhe está de facto estupendo.

Há só uma cena que me está a preocupar - os controlos da personagem.

Estou demasiado habituado aos controlos do Resident Evil 4, e parece que a única semelhança nos controlos entre estes 2 jogos é o botão Z para correr. Espero que seja fácil a habituação.

Por exemplo, o Alone in the Dark para a Wii tinha (na minha opinião) uns controlos marados, nunca me habituei.

Há só uma cena que me está a preocupar - os controlos da personagem.

Estou demasiado habituado aos controlos do Resident Evil 4, e parece que a única semelhança nos controlos entre estes 2 jogos é o botão Z para correr. Espero que seja fácil a habituação.
São jogos diferentes :) Não te esqueças que o Resident Evil 4 apesar de ser proveniente de uma série de survival horror... é "apenas" um jogo de acção. Este jogo vai noutra direcção distinta... não faria sentido jogares tal e qual como o RE4 quando, por exemplo, nem tens aiming (e diga-se que o RE4 é melhor com controlos Wii, mas mesmo assim é um jogo que não foi feito de raiz para eles, razão pela qual tens de fazer o pan da camara com o joystick)

O jogo tresanda-me a várias control schemes no entanto...

Tirado lá de trás:

Nunchuk's analog stick moves Harry responsively around the world. Hold Z and he'll run. C button will cue a quick 180-turn. The A button is for actions: accept phone calls, activate puzzles, etc. B-trigger, meanwhile, is used in conjunction with A to pick up items -- a pinching mechanic, if you will. D-Pad navigates the phone. D-Pad left cues a quick-select map, useful for finding spots throughout the snowy environment. Right executes a quick-select camera. And down triggers a behind-the-back view of the action so that Harry can actually look behind himself to see enemies chasing, as they often will. It's pretty frightening, to.

Melhor? Esses tresandam a RE4 :p com uma pitada de trauma center na questão de agarrar coisas com a+b.
Por exemplo, o Alone in the Dark para a Wii tinha (na minha opinião) uns controlos marados, nunca me habituei.
Ninguém se habitua a um mau jogo ;)

EDIT: Preview Gamespot: (by Jeremy Parish)

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Hands-on
A full hands-on preview of Konami's Silent Hill "reimagining" based on a showing at E3 2009.

I am not, generally speaking, a fan of survival horror games. Since Alone in the Dark and Resident Evil defined the genre all those years ago, developers seem content to smash together action and adventure tropes, creating a rough slurry of dodgy controls and unfriendly design decisions using clichéd slasher film aesthetics as an excuse for never bothering to evolve the games into something more refined.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, then, looks like a creation for people like me: survival horror for everyone who hates survival horror. Although it's a remake (or reimagining, as the creators would have it) of a ten-year-old adventure, the move to Wii has given Konami and Climax an excuse to rethink many of the genre's basic underpinnings. Gone is the clumsy combat; protagonist Harry Mason is even more of an average guy than he was in the original PlayStation game, a normal man trying only to find his daughter and incapable of fighting back against the nightmarish creatures who stalk him through the streets of Silent Hill. Gone are the cheap scares of dogs crashing through plate glass windows; instead, Climax is looking to the true psychological roots of horror by creating a game that aims to unsettle and unnerve rather than simply startle. Gone, too, are the horrible controls that seem endemic to survival horror; Harry moves about like a normal video game character, walking and running with the Wii Nunchuk's analog stick and looking about with the Wii Remote. The Remote serves an additional purpose as a flashlight, which simultaneously illuminates important details and creates long, eerie shadows. Even amidst the light and noise of the E3 show floor, Shattered Memories was perhaps the most unsettling game I've ever played.

According to producer Tomm Hulett, that's precisely what the development team is shooting for. When you begin a new game of Shattered Memories, you're greeted with a warning screen -- but it's not the usual video game epilepsy or online content warning. Instead, you're told that, "as you're playing the game, the game is playing you." In real-world terms, this means Shattered Memories adjusts itself dynamically in response to your actions. While that's hardly a new concept, I've only ever seen it applied to difficulty levels. You know, the better you play, the harder the game fights back. In the world of Silent Hill, where "combat" consists entirely of running away from faceless homunculi who hope to smother Harry before he can locate his daughter, this dynamism instead means that the world itself changes to keep players on edge.

To that end, Climax has turned the game into an interactive psychological profile. In fact, the framing sequence for the entire adventure consists of the player (presumably as Harry) laying on a psychiatrist's couch, recounting the game's events. Before the action kicks in, players have to fill out a psych evaluation that asks rather personal questions: Do you drink? Do you enjoy role-playing during sex? Have you ever cheated on a partner? I answered "no" to that last question, to which the shrink responded with arch incredulity, as if he couldn't believe I was really a faithful partner. In that moment, the tone was set: Shattered Memories would be going on the offensive, constantly trying to question and undermine my values and habits.
There's more to the psych profile than a simple game-opening pop quiz, though; Ultima IV this isn't. According to Hulett, the game continues to track your behavior well beyond the introduction. Once I had control of Harry, I stepped into an abandoned gas station and began searching meticulously through the dusty shelves. "Right now, the game is judging you," Hulett said. "It's deciding that you're a thorough, cautious person." Later, I came across a pair or restrooms: one men's, one women's. "The game pays attention to how you behave here, and which restroom you go into first."

He also recounted one person who had chosen the most perverted options possible and constantly tried looking down the female characters' shirts. "Does the game actually pay attention to that?" I asked.

"Absolutely," he said.

"So there's a different ending for sexual deviants?"

"This is Silent Hill
," he said, simply and to the point.

And it's interesting to see how the game responds to players. I stumbled across an answering machine in the abandoned station, which Hulett says will play one of something like 18 different possible messages. Having indicated that I'm a faithful partner who doesn't drink much, I doubt it's a coincidence that the message I found on the machine was of a drunken woman angrily ranting about how a video store erased tapes of her wedding. "How am I supposed to replace that?" she slurred. I'll admit it -- it was uncomfortable to listen to, and it was all the creepier knowing that the game had effectively selected something that really was so personally unsettling.

The thing about Shattered Memories's head games is that they make you question everything. Later, I stepped into the open air of the winter night to a scene where, Hulett notes, you'll either find a bar or a police station. Inside will be a woman, either a bartender or a cop, and her responses will vary -- maybe she'll be hard of hearing, or simply detached and disinterested. I found the bar, and the bartender within was warm and helpful. Instead of taking relief in a friendly face, though, I found myself wondering what the game's ulterior motives were, and what I had done to earn this situation.

Even beyond the brain-screwing stuff, there's some effective game design at play. Apparently a significant factor in the game is the encroachment of an ice world, which engulfs portions of the town from time to time. The first time I saw the ice appear, it blocked off most of the streets, but at the same time offered a hint that I wasn't to backtrack along my previous route: the ice impaled a parked car, whose alarm went off. When I went to investigate the car, I noticed its headlights were flashing at an unlocked door in the side of a building -- clearly, the next place I was meant to go. And once the town's faceless creatures inevitably began chasing me, my possible escape routes were highlighted with a hint of blue luminescence.

And that's what impresses me most about Shattered Memories, I think. Where most survival horror games are content to put the player into opposition with the interface or with overwhelmingly impossible foes, Climax seems happy to smooth over those elements and lower the mechanical barriers to entry. Ultimately, this only serves to highlight the fact that your real opponent is your own personality and the way you deal with Silent Hill's ominous world. Of course, there's no telling if the developers will actually manage to make the psychological creepiness as big a factor throughout the entire adventure as it is in that opening half-hour... but for perhaps the first time ever, I'm eager to play a survival horror game to find out for myself.

I'll probably leave a light on as I do, though.
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3174711&p=44

... Jogão :D

Video Interview:

-> http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid22881388001?bctid=25853537001

Hands On Eurogamer:

Hands On: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Silent Hill has never been the most commercially successful series, but it's hard to overestimate how important it has been to games - and how highly regarded it is by its fans. By ignoring B-movie zombies and endless cheap shocks in favour of an extraordinary atmosphere, memorable characters, oppressive, grinding music and a creeping sense of dread, silent hill crafted a horror experience that was both clever and deeply unsettling. The series reached its narrative peak in Silent Hill 2, but the first game already showed the talent behind the team's storytelling. The mystery behind Silent Hill may have been occasionally mind-bending as it unravelled, but at heart it told a story about fanaticism, suffering and revenge which worked beautifully.

It's paragraphs like that, waxing lyrical about just how memorable and even - whisper it - important Silent Hill was, which probably give the Climax team in Portsmouth sleepless nights. Charged with "re-imagining" the original Silent Hill game on the Wii, the studio has the unenviable task of updating one of the most fervently adored games of the PlayStation era.

Climax at least has pedigree with Silent Hill, having created the solid if somewhat workmanlike Silent Hill Origins on PSP and PS2. Origins was pretty traditional in its structure and approach - in fact, it was criticised for being so obvious, a blatant piecing together of fan-favourite bits from the series with little attempt to innovate. Of course, the same fans who snootily dismissed Origins on that basis would go on to crucify the more recent Homecoming for straying from the formula...

Given that background, you might expect Climax to approach Silent Hill in a similar way to Twin Snakes, Silicon Knights' GameCube update of Metal Gear Solid. Nicer graphics, updated controls, better cinematics - job done.

It's arguably to Climax' credit, then, that it's not prepared to take the simple approach. 'Arguably', because fools rush in where angels fear to tread. While keeping the core story of Silent Hill intact, Shattered Memories (is that a sensible subtitle, actually?) is a radically different game to its progenitor. The team recoils from the word "reboot", on the basis that it implies throwing away what came before, but the even more controversial "re-imagining" is thrown around a few times during our discussion.

Once I'm actually playing Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, it's immediately apparent that this is a very different game. Certainly, I'm playing Harry Mason again, and I'm exploring a strange, largely abandoned town in search of my daughter, who went missing after a car crash. I'm doing so to the strains of Akira Yamaoka's fantastic soundtrack - the fact that he's once again providing the music will be enough to sell the game to many fans.

However, almost everything else is different. Gone are Silent Hill's occasionally dizzying cinematic camera angles - now, I explore the town in a conventional third-person viewpoint. The controls have been radically reworked for the Wiimote, which essentially functions as a flashlight. Harry is moved around with the nunchuk analogue stick, predictably enough, while the Wiimote pointer shines his flashlight around his environment, with a button press to zoom in on anything of interest. It works remarkably well - your movements map nicely onto the flashlight, with no perceptible lag, and everything in the environment casts a realistic shadow from the beam, which lends quite a lot of atmosphere to the rooms you move through.

As to combat controls - there aren't any. One of the most radical changes Climax has introduced is to create a survival horror game without any combat - you don't pick up weapons or beat up monsters. Instead, when you encounter enemies, you run like hell. Despite flying in the face of a decade of survival horror design, the justification is obvious and hard to argue with. This is, after all, what "action" consists of in almost all horror fiction - you don't find a crowbar and beat the supernatural foe to death, you run. Chase sequences are at the heart of horror, from movies to our own nightmares.

So, in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, when the town around you changes into the nightmarish otherworld, you don't pull out a gun. Instead, stalked by the town's creatures, you run. The sequence I played through had a "rat in a maze" sense to it - Harry legs it through various parts of the town, twisted into their otherworldly forms, pursued by occasionally glimpsed foes. You slam through doors and clamber over ledges, searching for the door that will bring you back to the normal world. In a neat move, there's a button to let you look back over your shoulder without actually stopping running - so you can see exactly how close the creatures are to your heels.

They're clever little buggers; an overall AI, we're told, controls these chase sequences, so monsters will intelligently flank you and try to cut you off. If you have a moment's respite, you can hide somewhere - under a bed, or in a wardrobe - and hope that they'll lose your trail and return to patrolling the area. Miscalculate that one, and you'll suddenly find yourself being pulled out from under the bed by your feet, only to be devoured by ravenous, sharp teeth. It's every childhood nightmare you ever had, all wrapped up into one nasty, tense action sequence.

It's fairly intense stuff, but it's hard to judge on the basis of this short demo whether it'll be enough to support the whole game. Potentially deal-breaking flaws aren't hard to imagine - if the levels are too complex, players will simply get lost and frustrated, stuck in a maze of twisty passages, all alike, rather than experiencing a blood-pumping chase sequence. Developer comments about players dying a few times but learning more about the maze each time are far from encouraging - trial-and-error gaming is anathema to most gamers and critics alike - but on the other hand, the team does acknowledge just how important and challenging it will be to get the level design right. If it's too linear, chases will be boring; if it doesn't gently guide the player to the exit, chases will be frustrating enough to make people put down the Wiimote. It's a tough balance to strike, and Climax understands the importance of getting it right.

The otherworld itself is likely to raise some eyebrows among Silent Hill's fans. Gone are the chain-link fences, rust and fire which have defined the otherworld in the franchise to date. Instead, Shattered Memories' is characterised by ice - with the town deformed under the weight of a thick ice sheet that covers every surface. If Silent Hill's otherworld was claustrophobic and hostile, Shattered Memories' is cold, barren and lonely.

This change does, we're assured, have strong roots in the new storyline and the characters who inhabit it. It does fit the Silent Hill canon - every character has always found their own personal hell in the otherworld, after all. Another thing that has generally changed from character to character, though, is the monsters - and that's one aspect which Climax refuses to talk about. The demo uses just one monster, a nondescript looking pink horror that resembles a boiled chimpanzee - but when I ask about monster design, even the most innocuous question sees a PR person suddenly interject to prevent the developers from answering.

At a guess, I'd say that's probably because Shattered Memories' monsters are tied to the game's other major innovation - the game's relentless profiling of the player, and continual tweaking of the experience to match your psychology. This is more subtle, but arguably even more important to Climax' vision of reinventing the horror genre than the chase sequences.
Fonte: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/silent-hill-shattered-memories-hands-on

EDIT: Entrevista:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHc98PIVxlc

Eles estão agora a evoluir a série para onde deviam ter feito desde o início do declínio. Espero que não seja tarde demais para a série.

É uma bela entrevista :) E cada vídeo que vejo... :drooling:

Entrevista:

Interview with Shattered Memories producer Tomm Hulett
We later had the opportunity to speak to the producer who elaborated on why we should call Shattered Memories a re-imagining -- and not a remake.

You're making Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and you're tying it to the first game. Harry Mason is back, but you're calling it a re-imagining, you're not saying "remake." Is that a bad word?

Tomm Hulett:
Right, that's a curse word. [laughs] By re-imagining, like you said, we've got the premise of the first game: you're Harry Mason, you're looking for your daughter Cheryl. Beyond that we've changed and updated it, so it's an entirely new experience. If you've played the PlayStation game to death, you still have no idea what to expect for Shattered Memories.

We did that because, on the Wii, maybe there's a lot of people who haven't played any Silent Hill games, so it wasn't really fair to say, "Here's the sequel to Homecoming, enjoy yourself." But then, returning fans, they've played the first game, they've played Origins, they've seen the movie, and they've played Silent Hill 3 and it all kind of revolves around the events of the first game. So they wouldn't really want to play a remake and so, by re-imagining it, there's new content -- if you've never played it before, of course, it's new to you -- but then, there's also this extra layer of new content if you're returning, because you get to experience all these things that are different from what you're expecting. And that really fits the theme of Silent Hill, which is this place where your reality is subjective and you don't know what to expect. We've built that into the game if you're a returning fan.

Do you feel that by tying it to a story that everyone is already familiar with, you're opening yourself up to people who are going to complain about the differences? "How could you make Dahlia a young woman?!"

Tomm Hulett:
Well, like I said, Silent Hill is this place where, you know ... In Silent Hill 2, James thinks his wife's been dead for three years and she sends him this letter, and he goes to Silent Hill to look for her, and what he finds is something entirely different. And the endings of the Silent Hill games, each game has multiple endings that are vastly different and there are arguments to be made that all of them are the true ending. Well, if this was a new game, we wouldn't have that effect on people. We'd have to re-explain it. Now fans know that's what Silent Hill's about, so how do you make an interesting Silent Hill game for them? By re-imagining it -- they're coming in with expectations and they think they know what's going on -- we can play with that as well. So, things like, now Dahlia's a young woman. You thought you knew Dahlia, you thought you knew everything about her, you wanted to see how they updated her in the graphics, and then you're ready to go home. You didn't have to play the game. But now, you have no idea and now you're going to play the game just to find out, I hope. The game's full of details like that.

Where do you draw the line between messing around with people's expectations and completely jumping the shark? You could make Dahlia a robot ...

Tomm Hulett:
[laughs] We could put Pyramid Head in every cutscene! No, well, we are all fans of the first game. We love the story, but again, we've seen it too, seen the movie, played Silent Hill 3. Some of us have made Silent Hill: Origins, so we know how people feel about it. By changing things, we're not just doing it to piss people off, we're telling them an interesting story with that element to it. And so, since we're fans, we can look at it and say, "Does this really work?" That said, they're not safe choices -- we did make Dahlia this young woman. There are certain elements we told Akira [Yamaoka], when we were explaining the plot to him. I had this huge phone call planned with him and I had to cut it short because he couldn't get over some of the things that we were saying. "So, here's the deal with so-and-so." "Wait, are we talking about the same game?" There's a lot of differences, but I wouldn't say we jumped the shark, because they're all very calculated, they all serve the story and they're all surprising.

It sounds like Akira's more involved, beyond just the soundtrack. Is he doing more in this game?

Tomm Hulett:
Well, Akira's a cool guy, I just like talking to him, so any excuse to talk to him ... His main role is to create the soundtrack, and he is creating an all-new soundtrack, he's not just recycling old music. But early on, we went to the original staff of Silent Hill 1 after we came up with this concept of re-imagining and we said, "Hey guys, when you were making the first game, what was your goal? What were you trying to accomplish? What are things that maybe you couldn't do, you would do better or differently?" Using that information of what their goal was, we took the same goal and we made this new Silent Hill 1 to be the modern day interpretation of what they were trying to accomplish with the real Silent Hill 1. So, Akira was involved in that a little bit and beyond that, he is just mainly doing sound. Something I should mention is, in the trailer, you may have heard the new song that he's created, which is "Always On My Mind." He made a cover of it. That really sends home the message of re-imagining, because if you've only heard the Pet Shop Boys version of "Always On My Mind," Akira's is quite a bit creepier.

Creepier than the Pet Shop Boys?

Tomm Hulett:
I'm afraid so. [laughs] That kind of illustrates, musically, what we've done with the game.

He's the guy that's always there for Silent Hill. Every single Silent Hill game, no matter whether it's The Room, or Homecoming, Akira's always there. Could you make a Silent Hill game without him?

Tomm Hulett:
I wouldn't like to, because I am a fan of the series and I do love his music. I think it adds a special element, it's kind of the atmosphere of the town. If Akira's music isn't there, it just doesn't sound quite right. And I'm sure that there are people out there who could emulate the sound and try to get it close, but there would be something missing. Having Akira here, giving feedback and creating this music, is a great mark of authenticity, I think.

I think that was the correct answer.

Tomm Hulett:
I hope so, it's the honest answer!

If this game finds success on the Wii, could the system become the new home base for Silent Hill?

Tomm Hulett:
Silent Hill's an important franchise to Konami, it's our premier survival horror franchise, so I'm not sure it needs a "home." I think a lot of fans have gotten used to it being on the PS2 and we are creating a PS2 version of Shattered Memories for them, but it's been on Microsoft consoles and everyone likes to be scared, so why should we only allow a certain group of people to be scared? I think the Wii allows us to do different things with Silent Hill and the second something stops being scary is when it becomes predictable. I think we need to experiment with Silent Hill, we need to put it on all these different platforms, we need to try new things with the story. Otherwise, it's just that game where you go through a level once and then it get creepy, and you go through the level again and half the doors are locked. That's not scary anymore.

Is it more difficult to make something feel really scary on the Wii -- just because I think survival horror games are very dependent on the production value and graphics and sound. Like Dead Space, for instance.

Tomm Hulett:
Well, it's a funny thing. It turns out that if you put effort into creating graphics on the Wii, you can actually make some pretty good graphics on the Wii.

That's an amazing idea. You should send this out to other people doing Wii games.

Tomm Hulett:
I thought I would make a game about it and see if it catches on. [laughs] Joking aside, we've done some amazing things graphically here. Every object self-shadows with the flashlight that you're moving around in real time, even the snow flakes. If you were bored one day, you could stand in front of a wall in the game and watch the snow fall and look at all the shadows. But beyond the graphics, the Wii allows us to, well, we've done this on all the platforms, really, but the Wii sparked the idea of removing the game elements that remind you, "Hey, you're playing a video game." In most survival-horror games, I see a creature and he's barreling down the hall at me and I'm so scared I hit pause and then he's not barreling down on me anymore. Or, I go to my map and I'm safe there.

What we've done with the Wii version is you're interacting with the Wii remote. With puzzles, you're not coming to a separate puzzle menu where you select options with the cursor, you're reaching into the game so you're immersed at all times. We've also taken the menu function, put it on Harry's cellphone, which is just like pulling out a cellphone in real life. The rest of the world is still around you, you're still walking around, but using that, you never see a menu pop up. When you're exploring the environment you're actually looking at it instead of clicking a button to have text pop up and tell you what you're looking at. So, if Harry has a clever comment about something, he just makes it out loud. You'll never say, "Oh look, there's text I'm reading, there's a menu." It's all happening to you as long as you have the game turned on.

You're using the Wiimote as your flashlight, you're pointing at stuff. And you're also getting calls through the Wiimote's speaker. Considering that this is a flashlight which receives calls, is Silent Hill officially a sci-fi game?

Tomm Hulett:
[laughs] Well, once you pull out the cellphone, Harry puts his flashlight down and he's holding the cellphone in that hand. So really, the Wii remote transforms itself into a cellphone and you control it with the D-pad, you make selections with the A-button, and it really feels like you're holding a phone in your hand. So it's natural to put it up to your ear and hear sounds coming out of the Wii remote's speaker.

I'm wondering how exactly that translates to the PSP version.

Tomm Hulett:
Well, we do have teams working on the Sony SKUs to optimize them for the platform, so you're not going to feel like, "Oh, I'm playing this lame version of the Wii game." It's going to be an authentic Shattered Memories experience. The PS2 version obviously has two analog sticks so you can move the flashlight around. On the PSP, you can zoom in and move it around with the analog stick as well.

I noticed that the chase scenes were Mirror's Edge-esque in the sense that your route is marked with a visual indicator, but are you mainly going to be escaping from enemies? Is there any point where it changes and you start fighting back?

Tomm Hulett:
If you look at most survival-horror games nowadays, a creature jumps out and you go, "Ah! Crap! A creature!" and you're scared for a second and then you pull out your shotgun and you kill the creature. Now you're not in danger anymore. They really are focusing on action and making you empowered and making you feel like this big, strong man, but with the way that we wanted to scare you and keep you scared throughout the game and really go back to the concept of the original Silent Hill is, you're Harry Mason, you're a regular guy, you don't have super powers, you've never shot a gun before. And why would there be guns lying around?

We've taken away all these elements that empower you and stuck you in this hostile environment with this relentless creature, who's not just lumbering forward, waiting for you to hit it with a pipe. He's trying to grab you and smother you and pull you down to the ground. And so all you have is that cellphone we talked about, you've got a map on it, the trademark static is going to come through your Wii remote speaker when they're nearby and then you have your wits, your strategy. You know where you need to get to, there are multiple routes to get there. These creatures are somewhere in the environment and if they spot you, they're going to chase you. You can hide from them in hiding places, but if you stay there too long they're going to sniff you out and yank you out of the hiding place. You can pull down elements of the environment to create barricades, which will slow them down and you can grab emergency flares, and when you strike one the heat from it will deter them, since this is an icy world. But they'll still follow you at a distance, so once that heat is gone, they're on you again. We really wanted to say, "Here are these tools you can strategically use to be safe." But it's temporary safety -- as soon as that's done, you're still back in the fire, you're running for your life.

Hot people live longer in Silent Hill.

Tomm Hulett:
[laughs] What?

You're going into a market that is different, there's a different sales curve compared to the other systems.

Tomm Hulett:
I think there's a lot of gamers on Wii waiting for a real hardcore game and I think a lot of companies try to make a kind of hardcore game or maybe a franchise that will appeal to the hardcore gamer. And this is a true Silent Hill title. It has everything you want from a Silent Hill game. Again, we're fans, it has everything WE would want in a Silent Hill game and so, hopefully, we'll appeal to those people who play Silent Hill, who want Silent Hill, who want a scary game, who want survival horror. If they own a Wii, this is a new experience for them, or they can play it on the other platforms as well. If they don't want to buy a Wii just for one game, for example.

But on the Wii, there are also lapsed gamers. They used to be hardcore gamers, but now nothing's interesting and new to them, so they got a Wii because it's different. Well, this is a different take on survival horror. It's more immersive that what you've played before and we're trying new things to scare them. For the casual gamer, we say this like it's strange, but casual gamers go to horror movies. There's a reason we all started playing survival horror -- it was new and different and, "Oh, it's like a scary movie that I play." And so, we created this intuitive control scheme. I've had my mom try it out and she only plays Animal Crossing, but she can walk around as Harry Mason and she can run from creatures. It's really easy to pick up and play. If there's a casual gamer who enjoys going to the movies and seeing The Ring, they can go to the store afterward and buy Silent Hill and have a horror experience at home.

You've noted a difference between "unreasonable" Silent Hill fans and reasonable Silent Hill fans. If you had to pitch this game to the unreasonable fans, how would you do it?

Tomm Hulett:
I would say ... leave your expectations by the door. Watch the trailer which we've put out, watch the gameplay impressions. Try not to think of this as the Silent Hill games you've already played. We weren't trying to fit into that box. Climax worked on Silent Hill: Origins, that was them saying, "Here's what Silent Hill's always been. We can do this too. Here's your red, rusty otherworld, here's your set locations where they're kind of like dungeons, you go in there and don't come out until they're done." This is a new thing. We looked at what Silent Hill was, the goal of the original developers and we looked at it as fans, and said, "How would we make this plot interesting and new again?" And that's the game we've created. Try to put some jadedness aside just for a couple months until the game comes out and give it a fair shot.

That being said, I'm going to MURDER you if Dahlia's a robot.

Tomm Hulett:
I promise you that Dahlia is not a robot.
Fonte: http://www.joystiq.com/photos/metroid-prime-trilogy-box/2105159/

Última edição:
Sou fã da série, mas não tive a oportunidade de jogar nem o Origins nem o 5. Ainda assim, a minha grande falha era mesmo nunca ter jogado o primeiro, e embora já o tenha procurado para a velhinha PSX nunca o consegui encontrar, como tal a noticia deste "remake" vem mesmo a calhar.

De qualquer forma não me sinto muito confortável com a existência de versões PSP e PS2 nem com o facto de, pelo que li (in maxiconsolas) tirarem as armas do arsenal do jogador, obrigando assim a fugir aos inimigos, em vez de os enfrentar. No entanto, pelas imagens, parece estar brutal. Falta a data de lançamento.

Sim Joao, descansa nesse campo ;) Ao contrário de Sonics Unleasheds e outros tantos, este está a ser desenvolvido para a Wii. Depois leva com ports para as outras.

BTW, isto não é um remake... é um re-imagine do primeiro jogo ;) Devias jogar na mesma o primeiro que é awesome!!!

PS: O jogo que procuras na sig causa óptima impressão por estes lados ;) Tenho-o mas não o conto vender.

Sim Joao, descansa nesse campo ;) Ao contrário de Sonics Unleasheds e outros tantos, este está a ser desenvolvido para a Wii. Depois leva com ports para as outras.

Isso é bom de ouvir, mas como é mais normal acontecer o contrário um gajo já desconfia.

BTW, isto não é um remake... é um re-imagine do primeiro jogo ;) Devias jogar na mesma o primeiro que é awesome!!!

Sim, pelo que tenho lido eles preferem o termo re-imagine, daí ter colocado entre aspas. Quanto ao arranjar a versão original, é coisa que ainda vou tentar, mas como possivelmente só no mercado usados internacional é que vou conseguir arranjar tenho ido adiando, já que é coisa com a qual não me sinto muito à vontade, mais até por falta de informação do que por falta de segurança. Ainda assim já vi que há por aqui bons tópicos que devo ler neste capitulo, só ainda não me sentei a ler com atenção.

PS: O jogo que procuras na sig causa óptima impressão por estes lados ;) Tenho-o mas não o conto vender.

Pois é pena, mas és só mais um a dizer-me que não quer livrar-se do jogo. Há que continuar a procurar :)

Sorry o offtopic mas...
Quanto ao arranjar a versão original, é coisa que ainda vou tentar, mas como possivelmente só no mercado usados internacional é que vou conseguir arranjar tenho ido adiando, já que é coisa com a qual não me sinto muito à vontade, mais até por falta de informação do que por falta de segurança. Ainda assim já vi que há por aqui bons tópicos que devo ler neste capitulo, só ainda não me sentei a ler com atenção.
Se for preciso ajuda, apita ;) Compro alguns jogos por mês lá fora (comprei recentemente um em Portugal, antes disso... nunca tinha comprado :p ) e podes crer que quando começares não queres outra coisa.

Pois é pena, mas és só mais um a dizer-me que não quer livrar-se do jogo. Há que continuar a procurar :)
Mais uma vez... lá fora será simples. E se o primeiro é porreiro... por algumas fontes muito confiáveis (certo comilão :D ), parece uma brincadeira de crianças ao pé do segundo (qu nunca saiu na Europa). Também está ali prontinho a começar.

BTW... "bem vindo" ao forum ;)

Back