[Wii] Untitled Horror Project do Suda51 e Shinji Mikami (cancelado)

General_Guy

Power Member
Fãs de Suda51 e Shinji Mikami têm razões de sorrir pois parece que foi anunciado um novo projecto de estes senhores, que sairá de uma parceria entre a EA e a Grasshopper (dinheiro + talento:D).
O jogo será produzido para PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 e Wii.

Notícia Kotaku:
Electronic Arts announced today that it would be working with Grasshopper Manufacture, creators of distinctly Japanese fare like Killer 7, No More Heroes and Contact, on an untitled action horror game. EA Partners will publish the Shinji Mikami-produced, Goichi Suda-designed game on the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii. The press release, which does not provide a date for the game, notes that Q Entertainment, responsible for Lumines and Rez HD, helped broker the publishing gig and will be working with Grasshopper on the project.
Press release:
EA SIGNS PUBLISHING DEAL WITH GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE
Legendary Producer Shinji Mikami and Innovative Designer Suda51 Working with EA Partners on an All-New Action Horror Title
Redwood City, Calif – August 14, 2008 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced a publishing agreement with iconic Japanese development studio Grasshopper Manufacture. Under the terms of the deal, EA Partners will publish an all-new action horror game produced by Shinji Mikami and directed by innovative game designer Suda51.
The title is being developed for the PC, Xbox 360® video game system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.
“Grasshopper Manufacture is excited to work with EA Partners to bring our new title to gamers around the world,” said Goichi Suda, CEO of Grasshopper Manufacture. “They are a great partner who shares our commitment to quality and innovation while respecting our independence as a studio, which is very empowering.”

“It is an honor for EA to sign Grasshopper Manufacture and help bring their new franchise to gamers worldwide,” said Frank Gibeau, President of the EA Games Label. “The roster of partners at EA is growing and the caliber of talent is outstanding. Grasshopper Manufacture is a world-class studio and, within the EA partner program, they stand alongside some of the world’s most revered independent studios.”
Grasshopper Manufacture is one of the most daring and innovative independent studios in the world, and EA Partners is honored to be working with Mikami-san and Suda-san on this new project,” said David DeMartini, senior vice president and general manager, EA Partners. “EA Partners is a truly global resource for the world’s best independent developers, whether they’re in North America, Europe or Asia.”
The deal was brokered by CAA, in conjunction with Q Entertainment who will be working with Grasshopper Manufacture and EAP on the project.
Com o Suda/Grasshopper a bordo sabemos que a versão Wii será tratada com mais respeito.

Fonte:
http://kotaku.com/5037287/grasshopper-q-entertainment-sign-with-ea-for-new-horror-game

Última edição:
Há quem especule que se trata do projecto que Suda51 anunciou intenções de fazer há uns anos, chamado Kurayami (o nome significa Darkness em Japonês) e inspirado na obra de Franz Kafka, Suda 51 é um grande fã de Kafka e do seu foco em situações mundanas e surreais.

A ser o Kurayami a história girará à volta de um personagem que se encontra numa vila obscura e tem de encontrar uma maneira de sair de lá. Armado apenas com uma tocha os jogadores têm de sobreviver a uma aventura cheia de puzzles, acontecimentos misteriosos, e situações assutadoras em crescendo rodeados de quase completa escuridão.

Supostamente vão haver mais revelações referentes ao titulo em breve, à malta a falar que os vão entrevistar amanhã :p

EDIT: Entrevista do 1Up:

Who talked with whom first? What was the process in making this happy Suda/Mikami/Grasshopper/EA family?

Goichi Suda:
First of all, I had ideas about this game and presented them to Mikami and asked him how he felt. And Mikami showed a big interest, and really wanted to help make this game happen, and that's why this collaboration started.

Shinji Mikami: Actually, when I looked at this proposal four years ago, and when I saw it for the first time, I thought "wow, this is amazing" and fell in love with the ideas. "I need to find somebody to help create this game, because it will be a great game" -- that's how I felt when I saw his proposal.

Goichi Suda: Actually, I came here last June with Mikami and other members of the team and presented ideas to EA; in fact I was in the room next door to where we're at now. So then EA's people showed a big interest to my ideas, and they understood what I really wanted to do, and that's how it happened to come to EA.

A quick timeline question -- correct me if I'm wrong, but did this idea come up during Killer 7's development?

Shinji Mikami [in English]:
Mostly already done. [Then via interpreter] We were actually close to finishing Killer 7 at the time, so I had time and a chance to look at Suda's new idea.

With each of you having such a distinct style, can you comment on what each of you brings to the game?

Goichi Suda:
Actually, it was really easy for me to get along with Mikami during Killer 7, and since that time, I thought "I really want to work with him again." I mean, Grasshopper has experience in creating action games, but Mikami is one of the top three action game creators in the world. In my experience, I know that I need to have somebody help me to make my game better than if I make it alone, and I trust Mikami with that. Also, I'm in charge of the scenario and the world of the game, but Mikami helps to keep that game world sensible, to point out if there's some aspect that people might not understand, and he's always helping me by pointing out things and saying "you should change this for people to understand better" or "tweak this to make the overall game better." He's always giving me advice to make the game better.

[Mikami, surprised that he's expected to answer, acts out playing an in-progress build of the game and offering feedback on the "good" visuals, and making the game feel "great" as opposed to "good." He points at himself and states, "Play, good" and then points to Suda and comments, "Visuals, good," and then laughs. The interpreter is a bit stymied as to how to translate Mikami's pantomime.]

Now that we've covered what you two bring to the game, what does EA bring to this collaboration?

Shinji Mikami:
Money. [Laughs] (:-D)

Goichi Suda: I was really surprised at things such as the size of their studios and their massive marketing and production teams. I've never had the experience of working on such a massive team before. We haven't done voice recording yet, but I know EA would be a huge help in finding talent and getting them to the studio and the motion capture as well. In other cases, I would want to do something before but couldn't, and since working with EA, they've provided everything I wanted. I get tremendous support from EA.

Did you go around to other publishers before deciding on EA, or was EA your first and only stop?

[Mikami quickly pantomimes a progression, saying "A, B, C, and D" while Suda answers.]

Goichi Suda: Of course I had a chance to present it to different publishers, but EA was the company that understood the game and understood my approach to it. That's why I took the chance to work with EA. Also, EA produced Rock Band, so they understand the "soul of rock." (:-D)

You've worked with other publishers to get your games to the West. Are there restrictions with those other publishers, and is there a sort of blank check "do what you want" feel with EA? How is EA different from other companies you've worked with?

Shinji Mikami:
Both of us are the creators. In terms of being a creator, having people understand what I want to do, that's the biggest thing. Also, EA has strong marketing power. If Suda just keeps on doing what he wants to do, players might not understand what they're playing. But with EA's strong marketing power, they know what people want from a game, and we combine both their knowledge and his creativity to help create a better game.

Goichi Suda: I actually presented two ideas at the same time, and EA really liked one idea. They instantly said "we like that exact idea; we don't want the other one." Too many publishers say that they will think about it and let you know later, but EA was the one that said exactly how they felt the first time. The idea they liked was the game I really wanted to create the most, and they understood what I wanted to do, which helps.

So far in this relationship, has EA ever said "no?"

[Suda intensely thinks and goes into a hurried conversation with Mikami before answering.]

Goichi Suda: Nothing major, but for minor things. When they say "no", the reason makes sense. But we communicate with EA a lot, despite us being in Japan and they being in the U.S. We actually don't even communicate that much when working with a Japanese publisher, but when something happens, we can always get in touch with EA and talk about how we both feel on an issue. Our relationship is extremely good.

With this communicative relationship, does that mean Suda and Mikami come to U.S., or does EA send folk over to Japan?

Goichi Suda:
Is this OK to answer? [Suda gets approval from an EA rep in the room] Actually, a production team from EA Partners will come to our office once a month.

You've said before that Killer 7 can be traced to the works of David Lynch in terms of feel and influence. Can you say what piece of culture or art influences the feel of this game?

Goichi Suda:
I can't say anything along those lines because that would already reveal too much. But if I have to say something, I'd mention a Japanese movie called Crows Zero [editor's guess based on the translation] and a Japanese TV show called Rookies [another guess]. Rookies is a high-school baseball drama, but there's a soul about it that I picked up on and use.

Shinji Mikami: My wife loves this show as well.

Goichi Suda: My wife feels the same way, and every time I watch it, I always cry. A very impressive show.

Shinji Mikami: I've never seen it, and I don't want to.

Last question, in both Killer 7 and No More Heroes, there's always a zany dude named Travis. Will Travis make an appearance in this game?

[Suda's eyes light up when he hears the name "Travis."]

Goichi Suda: Travis? A secret, sorry. [Smiles]
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169360

Isto sim é uma grande notícia!! Tudo o que o Suda toca é grande, é uma obra de arte, e ainda por cima com o Mikami ao barulho e sendo um jogo de terror ainda mais entusiasmado fico!!

De notar também a presença da Wii no meio das plataformas dado que normalmente tal nunca acontece neste tipo de situações visto as outras plataformas serem uns autênticos monstros de potencial gráfico! Só espero que eles se apliquem na Wii como se vão aplicar na versão das outras consolas!!

Mal posso esperar por detalhes, imagens e videos! :D

Já agora, já se sabe a data prevista para o jogo ou nem por isso?

Sim senhor grande noticia mesmo, mais um grande jogo para sair, ainda bem que ainda demora, assim dá para ir juntando uns trocos hahaha :P

Explicação destes trechos:

EA produced Rock Band, so they understand the "soul of rock."

(...)

Can you say what piece of culture or art influences the feel of this game?

Goichi Suda:
I can't say anything along those lines because that would already reveal too much. But if I have to say something, I'd mention a Japanese movie called Crows Zero [editor's guess based on the translation] and a Japanese TV show called Rookies [another guess]. Rookies is a high-school baseball drama, but there's a soul about it that I picked up on and use.

Explicação:

Goichi Suda probably said "Wild Zero," (not Crows Zero) the 2000 rockabilly/zombie/UFO B-movie starring Guitar Wolf. That goes in line with that they said about EA understanding "the soul of rock" with their ongoing work with Rock Band.

That movie has, among others: evil men in tiny pants, laser-beam decapitation with guitar picks, flames shooting out of a microphone, a katana hidden in the neck of an Epiphone SG, and the only zombie love scene I can remember in any medium. Anything that cites that movie as an influence is a must-buy for me.

Epa... Só pela descrição... é TÃO, mas TÃO Suda. :D Count me in :p

EDIT: parece que também há uma séria chamada Crows Zero, com uns gajos malucos a lutar numa escola.

E agora é que vi... Q Entertainment tá envolvida :D Mizuguchi! (REZ!!!) eu bem estranhei, no No More Heroes aparecer o videoclip da musica do Lumines :p

Última edição:
Entrevista com Suda51:

You're working on a game with Shinji Mikami and EA. Can you give us any updates on when we might see something from that game? Maybe at the next Tokyo Game Show?

Suda51:
It's up in the air whether we're going to show something at TGS. EA has the right to decide to do stuff like that. We can only say that we're working hard with Mikami-san, and trying our best to create the best game.
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174313

Nada de novo, mas hey... still coming. :)

EDIT: Suda51 interessado no Vitality Sensor:

Suda51 Has Wii Vitality Sensor Plans

Nintendo may have only just unveiled its Wii Vitality Sensor, but it already has certain developers crafting new ideas, one of which is Goichi Suda (Suda51) of Grasshopper Manufacture. Some readers may be jumping straight to the idea of Eternal Darkness's Sanity Meter idea for source material, or perhaps even believing the Vitality Sensor could work well with horror-based games such as Juon: The Grudge and Project Zero 4, throwing more scares into the mix if players are becoming too relaxed.

Clearly something has been stirred up in the creative mind of Suda-san, who is currently working on No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle. Although any ideas may not make it into the No More Heroes struggle, since development is so far along, Suda wants to make use of the Vitality Sensor, yet refuses to share his fresh ideas just now presumably in case others try to poach them for their own projects.
Fonte: http://www.cubed3.com/news/12523

Aposto que o interesse vem do facto que estão a fazer este jogo ;)

Não acho grande piada ao wii vitality sensor..
Principalmente porque da forma que foi desenhado,como é que se joga com o nunchuck?
Mais valia ou fazerem um de pulso ou então implantarem o sensor num novo wiimote ou nunchuck.

Pimbas... o que é que eu disse? Foi a primeira ideia que tive... survival horrors a usarem vitality sensor... awesome :D Espero que sim, que para a lém do uso na área da saúde o usem aí :)

Back