Wii [Wiiware] Adventure Island: The Beginning (Hudson)

CoolMaster

Power Member
Master Higgins is back with whole new actions and elements on Wii! Gather the Gold Melons hidden in the stages, get the new actions, and explore the Adventure Island. Also, there are mini-games to have fun with your friends. Adventure Island WiiWare has all new updated graphics, not retro style!

http://www.wiiware-world.com/games/wiiware/adventure_island_the_beginning

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zLB1fY5nPI

Imagens (aconselho a verem o video já que as imagens estão com uma qualidade muito fraca):
large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Parte de uma entrevista com Takahashi Meijin:

WW: Why did you decide to create a new Adventure Island game after all this time?

TM: I believe that the action games like this one will continue to gain popularity among lots of video games, because there are not so many games which all the generations can enjoy, like Super Mario from Nintendo for example. I hope that not only children but also their parents and other generations enjoy Adventure Island: The Beginning all together.

WW: From the subtitle ‘The Beginning’ are we to think you intend to go back to basics with the WiiWare version?

TM: It’s been a long time since the previous one was released, and there are new generations for video games now.

In that sense, this title can be the beginning of the series and I hope it will unfold more of the continuing stories of the series.

WW: What made you decide on the 2.5D graphical style? After seeing Mega Man 9 did you ever feel tempted to go for an 8-bit sprite look?

TM: I think the 8-bit sprite is good as well, but it is difficult to match to the background and game’s overall atmosphere.

We redesigned a character, and also, we would like to release this title on other consoles in the future as well. Therefore, we chose the 2.5D graphical style which looks more realistic.

WW: Adventure Island IV and Super Adventure Island II, were more RPG-esque in nature. What made you decide to go back to the straightforward platforming style of the original games?

TM: I believe that basically, Adventure Island is an action game. And when you go back to the basics, you will find that the only and all the features of this game are “to jump at a perfect timing” and “to throw an axe”.

Therefore, we have featured these two elements, and I believe the game has achieved to offer a simple but ultimate fun for gamers more than ever.

WW: How long has Adventure Island: The Beginning been in development?

TM: It took about 8 months including tuning.

WW: Will there be any incentives to go revisit stages you have previously cleared?

TM: There are various Master titles shown as “Master Higgins Feats”, which titles you can get by meeting certain conditions set for each feat. Please get all the Master titles by challenging these feats over and over again, and become a real Meijin!

WW: Do you make use of the Balance Board peripheral in this game or not?

TM: This game is not Wii Balance Board compatible.

WW: We saw a screenshot of a 'Shooting Watch' mini game. Do you hope to hold the hi-score on the worldwide leaderboards on this?

TM: The most important thing that I have to do now is not to hold the hi-score on the leaderboards, but to show how exciting and fun the game is to the gamers.

I believe people will enjoy themselves more by looking at young gamers fighting battles rather than looking at a 50-year-old guy getting a high score!

WW: What can we expect from the other mini games?

TM: It is fun to challenge your own record in a single mode, but it is more exciting to try all the mini games in a multiplayer mode for two players to fight battles!

WW: When do you think gamers in North America and Europe will be able to download this game on WiiWare?

TM: It is scheduled to be released in May, 2009.

http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2009/03/takahashi_meijin_interview_hudsons_adventure_island

A Hudson esta a apostar em forte no serviço Wiiware e pessoalmente estou a gostar de todos os projectos desta empresa.

bom da parte que me toca acho que deviam ter aproveitado o redesign do Master Higgins que fizeram para o Adventure Island de 2003:

ps2advisland.JPG

Que o aspecto do main character no jogo parece-me estranho. mas tirando isso... seja muito bem vindo.

Back