Wii Tales of Monkey Island (Telltale Games)

General_Guy

Power Member
Tales of Monkey Island

talesofmi_blog.jpg

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS! MONKEY ISLAND® IS BACK THIS SUMMER!"
"A completely new epic storyline and swashbuckling flair that will unfold across five monthly episodes on PC and WiiWare".

- Called "Tales of Monkey Island"
- By Telltale Games

- 5 episode adventure

Site/Trailer

http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland/

:D:D:D:D:D

Última edição:
Weeeeehew! (safámo-nos com o melhor "deal" deste revival :D, entre isto: episódios novos e uma port enhanced)

Muito bom, e agora pergunto... se isto é da lucasarts e é a telltale no leme não quer dizer que as empresas fizeram as pazes?

Durante muito tempo a telltale queria comprar o que restava do desenvolvimento do Sam & Max Freelance Police que a Lucasarts tinha cancelado de forma a acabarem-no, era porreiro que tal tivesse condições de suceder agora.

Última edição:
isto e o remake do monkey island ne? da aventura grafica dos pcs?
Não, "remake" por assim dizer foi agora anunciado para o PC e X360 (aventura gráfica com gamepad? PC it is :x) e é basicamente o jogo original com gráficos melhorados, uma enhanced port, por assim dizer.

Este é basicamente um Monkey Island novo, dividido em episódios e que se passa entre o Monkey Island 2 e o 3.

Note-se que o Monkey Island 3 é rejeitado por muitos fãs, por tirar alguma autenticidade a Monkey Island e Guybrush Threepwood, por exemplo o Tim Schafer disse que, nunca e em circunstancia alguma possivel ou imaginária o Guybrush devia conseguir casar com a Elaine, que não fazia sentido... Mas tal sucede no Monkey Island 3, que é o primeiro jogo em que ele não esteve envolvido.

EDIT: Imagens:

talesofmi_uhoh.jpg

talesofmi_parrot.jpg

talesofmi_narwhal.jpg

talesofmi_mightypirate.jpg

talesofmi_lechuck.jpg

talesofmi_flotsam.jpg

talesofmi_voodoolady_screenshot.jpg

talesofmi_guybrush_screenshot.jpg

Artwork:

talesofmi_guybrush_concept.jpg

talesofmi_elaine_concept.jpg

talesofmi_lechuck_concept.jpg

talesofmi_ship_concept.jpg

talesofmi_hut_concept.jpg

talesofmi_lab_concept.jpg

talesofmi_voodoolady_concept.jpg

Aparentemente, mas é capaz de ser data para a América e haver umas discrepancias leves (mais semana menos semana).

BTW, ainda não consegui ver o trailer, cadê ele?

Não sei como é que não lançam também o remake na Wii, encaixava tão bem...
provavelmente porque o maior objectivo do remake é backgrounds redesenhados para HD, mas sim, era viável uma versão ligeiramente scaled down e mesmo assim parecer melhor que a original.

De resto é extremamente estranho que a Lucasarts não venda jogos da engine scumm no virtual console.

Finalmente tenho um motivo por comprar WiiPoints.
Um dos jogos mais Retro que adorei volta para me dar um sorriso na cara!

im so gonna get this on :D

Epá, espectáculo :) Finally!!! A sério... á quanto tempo esperava uma continuação do Monkey Island. Se for algo perto da qualidade "dos originais", será fantástico!

Ilustrador original está a trabalhar no artwork:

Sam & Max creator Steve Purcell, who contributed artwork to various Monkey Island projects during his tenure at LucasArts, posted this "ancient concept art" recently, the pencil-on-tracing-paper sketch that turned into the cover for the franchise' 1990 debut, The Secret of Monkey Island.

090609-monkey-island-box.jpg

Purcell also revealed that Telltale Games commissioned him for an illustration to be included with a special preorder edition of Tales of Monkey Island, a new five-episode series pitting Guybrush Threepwood against zombie pirates, releasing for PC and WiiWare this summer.

"I'm sketching the concept right now, and I will plan to document the progress in stages," he promises. "I'll have to wait until we are closer to the official unveiling of the cover to let you know what I'm up to."
Fonte: http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/06/the_box_art_sketch_of_monkey_i.php

EDIT: Impressões N-Philes:

Tales of Monkey Island Impressions

Derrick, Jordan and I all had the opportunity to sit down and talk with the folks from Telltale Games, who were eager to show off their new episodic adventure: Tales of Monkey Island. Tales of Monkey Island, is a new addition to the series to be released starting in July on the PC and WiiWare, developed by Telltale (many of who have worked on previous Monkey Island games in the past).

Traditionally, each episode in Telltale's games (Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Wallace and Gromit, Bone, Sam and Max) have been more or less standalone stories, with perhaps some kind of loose connective tissue linking them together. It was heavily accentuated that this would not be the case – this time each episode is more like a chapter in a book. Things tie up, to some extent, but for every question answered more are raised. There are some who aren't fans of the episodic game idea, but frankly I don't get what their problem is. You end up paying the same, total (or less), for a complete set of episodes as you would for a normal game. Plus, you have the option of quitting in the middle and not paying for the episodes you don't want to play if you decide you're not into it anymore.

Anyways, Tales seems to play like a classic adventure game; you navigate the world and click on items and NPCs to interact with them. The story picks up shortly after the last one ended, which should make long term fans feel right at home. The humor and style of the game seem to have been preserved very well, it really feels like a Monkey Island game as opposed to a spin off or side story. That being said, I'm not exactly wild about the visual style. I know the simplified 3D character models are a stylistic choice, and that's fine, but to me it almost just makes it feel aged as opposed to stylized. I do really like the backgrounds, though.

Overall I was pretty impressed with the game, it seems like it's going to be good fun. Its release date is set for July 7th for the PC and right around there for WiiWare, at which point you can buy each episode individually.
Fonte: http://www.n-philes.com/news/4739/tales-of-monkey-island-impressions/

Back