Windows Longhorn 2005 Preview

Já agora, voces que têm poder 64, já sacaram oficialmente do site da Ms o Windows XP64 RC2? Sim é gratuito. Nota: é gratuito porque é o RC2 (Release Candidate 2). Dêm ops.

Nemesis11 disse:
Sim, gráficas "What the f***" é o que não vão faltar......

É WGF e ninguem sabe se a R520 vai ser compativel com WGF2.0.

Também duvido que vá haver software 64 bit com fartura, mas logo se vê.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Eu também quero uma placa gráfica "what tha fu**"!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Review da build 5048 que foi "oferecida" na WinHEC.

desktop5lt.jpg

mycomputer6px.jpg

startmenu2hf.jpg

Start Menu:

You'll notice of course that the "All Programs" popup menu has now been migrated to the left hand side of the start menu. The left hand side where the "Most frequently used programs" usually lives gets replaced by your installed programs. Quite nifty. Right now that feature has some ergonomic issues, once I started installing programs, things got cumbersome. Longer names tend to get truncated, and the scrolling down is not quite as easy as I'd have liked. Of course those of you with more monitor real estate than my modest 1024x768 may not run into these issues. If this feature makes the cut as time goes on, we'll probably see a wider start menu to keep the nested directories visible as you open them up. Frankly in its current configuration, I prefer the old way.

-----------------------------

DWM (Desktop Window Manager):

Known before as DCE, or Desktop Composition Engine, DWM is used to draw the interface in Longhorn. It is built to use Avalon which will be replacing the GDI interface of current Windows versions. With the expected steep hardware requirements of a mature longhorn, Microsoft can now use the powerful graphics processors in modern computers to enable visually stunning, and a fluid UI. Though the true Aero interface that will be used in conjunction with DWM has yet to be implemented and its unlikely we will see this feature enabled any time soon. Currently in build 5048, it is available as a service named "User Experience Session Management Service"

Indexed SearchScroller:

The more astute among you will have noticed the little text field just below the "All Programs" button. What I call, "SearchScroller" This little sucker is cool. I like to think of it as the evolution of the run box, although it is and will be much more than that. You can see below as I type, the left pane of the menu starts to get replaced. This time its the power of indexing working for us. Its a real time search box for programs, documents and other related vermin that are usually lost in the depths of our growing hard discs.

Explorer:

Window navigation is clearly an element of usability that microsoft thinks much about. The below image is a before and after shot. The top image is what a directory looks like when you first enter it. The user is able to click on any of what are now buttons in the address bar. The after shot below, is what happens after you click once on a portion of the bar that isn't a button. It reverts to the traditional mode of path based browsing. takes a bit to get used to, but once you do its very handy.

Other notables:

Remote Desktop. I use this thing every day from the office to connect home, to other work sites, and remote servers. Remote desktop's current incarnation in XP and 2003 is nice, functional but lacking some features of more full fledged clients. Looks like that's about to change with LH. And yes it installs and works great on XP and 2003.

Conclusion:

Well its been nearly 5 years since we saw the beta cycle for XP come to a close. And since that time we've seen a few fleeting glimpses and revisions of XP's successor. 5048 officially marks the start of what is promising to be an exciting time for the next 2 years for us in the beta world. As you can see above, the Longhorn shell is really just a temporary skin. There are many many incomplete bits that you'll notice once you get your own hands on a copy. Again i'll re-iterate though, we shouldn't be judging it on its stability or viability but rather on its potential. Microsoft has come to rely more and more on the beta testing community for usability and input on its product. I expect Longhorn to be no different. Now is our chance while the code is still fluid to get our say in. Study hard and make good notes, take your surveys, and provide feedback to those that can make a difference!

And as someone who's seen a few beta cycles, i'd like once again to caution you on passing judgment at the current state of the project. Remember things for the most part have been going on "under the hood" not too much conserned with the final look of the OS. This is just, and always will be a snapshot in the timeline for a large product with a long development cycle. You can quote Microsoft's 18 month punditry if you wish, but I fully expect this one to take a full two years from today. Consider if you will Longhorn to be very fluid right now, as i mentioned above, and you'll save yourself the stress and humilliation of bad mouthing something that is mearly a ghost of its own grand design.

http://www.winbeta.org/articles.php?action=show&id=15&perpage=1&pagenum=1

Mais 2 anos a partir deste WinHEC até estar comercializado... :rolleyes:
Mas pronto, tem algumas brincadeiras engraçadas.

Não vejo grandes diferenças desta build para a minha 4074, talvez seja mais estável e tenha já algumas features inplementadas, de resto...
Queria ver o Aero Glass em 3D (a.k.a. Avalon a sério), mas só funciona em 9800 pro/fx 5900.
Lá vou eu ter de sacrificar a 5900xt do meu irmão... ;)

blastarr disse:
Não vejo grandes diferenças desta build para a minha 4074, talvez seja mais estável e tenha já algumas features inplementadas, de resto...
Queria ver o Aero Glass em 3D (a.k.a. Avalon a sério), mas só funciona em 9800 pro/fx 5900.
Lá vou eu ter de sacrificar a 5900xt do meu irmão... ;)
Será que não consegues correr na 6800 GT que tens mudando a ID desta?
Só uma ideiazinha...:D

Anyway, bora lá com o Longhorn que nós queremos um novo OS Microsoft.

Em cima: um é do mirc, outro é do registo do windoze, outro é do deamon tools.
Em baixo é o do som, do remover hardware (os modems adsl por usb têm-no) e o da placa nvidia.
Na fila de baixo é o do som onboard duma placa nforce e o outro nunca vi. Deve ser um hotlink para o "procurar" do windoze.

Esse ultimo screenshot é um tablet pc, que já andam no mercado há bastante tempo. Tenho ideia que não têm grande sucesso.
Existem PC com windows XP mais pequenos que o Mac Mini, o preço é que não é o mesmo.

On topic:
Os icons no 2º screenshot estão excelentes, especialmente para quem tiver um monitor grande.
De resto ficamos a saber que eles esperam ter o LH no mercado no Natal de 2006. Vamos lá ver se não há atrasos como nos ultimos SO da Microsoft.

Não te esqueças que tem LCD embutido.
Há leitores de DVD portáteis maiores que este, mas com ecrã mais pequeno e aínda mais caros.

blastarr disse:
Lá está, a diferença é que este é um TabletPC com o Longhorn, mas aínda sem o tema do Aero Glass...

Tás-te a referir ao windoze do tablet?
Tás enganado. É o windoze media center edition 2005.
É o que eu tenho, por isso conheci as cores e aspecto dele logo ao de longe.

Do i have to tell everything ? ;)

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1789111,00.asp

Quote:
"The Acer and ASUS machines are meant to showcase Longhorn, the next version of Windows, which is due to ship in 2006. The hybrid mini-Tablet PC/eBook system is a "post-Longhorn" device, according to Greg Sullivan, lead product manager for Microsoft's Windows client team."

Satisfied ???

Digam-me lá qual seria a lógica de apresentar novos modelos de uma tecnologia que já está no mercado há algum tempo numa conferencia que é suposto demonstrar tecnologias futuras... ?

Back