Windows Server 2016 Strange Issues

Cross Post. Hoping someone can help with this !!

So some strange issues, I have not seen before with the 2016 set up. This is the set up. All servers are done with the Windows Server 2016 trial ISO on a VMware 6.5 install.

DC1 set up with the 2016 iso, promoted to domain controller. No other GPO, or set up done.

FS1 set up with the 2016 iso, added to the DC1 domain. Added to 1 TB hard drive.

Now here is where the strange issue happens. On the FS 1tb Data volume I create a new folder Test1, no issues. Now on the root of the 1tb volume I remove the creator owner permission. And right click new folder. It will now make New Folder, New Folder (1), New Folder (2), New Folder (3), New Folder (4). Also if you try to delete the folder you get "you'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder." Any one ever see this?

Local Admin Group - Has Domain Admins added

FS1 - D: 1Tb Permissions (default from the system)

Everyone - Special

Creator

System - Full Control

Administrators - Full Control

Users - Read and Execute

After removing Creator Owner the Effective access on any of the New Folder (1), (2), (3) is that my admin account has full control of it ...

Now for a side note. I have set this up at work but our DC is a 2012 r2 and the FS is the 2016 and I am able to remove the creator owner permission with out issue ......

Another side note is that I have also done this with my Microsoft Imagine 2016 Data center ISO and get the same results .....

Please, tell me, I am not insane and that this should work!?!?!

Also if any one has spare time you can download the 2016 iso, set up a new DC and FS with it and try this out and see if you get the same results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cross Post. Hoping someone can help with this !!

So some strange issues, I have not seen before with the 2016 set up. This is the set up. All servers are done with the Windows Server 2016 trial ISO on a VMware 6.5 install.

DC1 set up with the 2016 iso, promoted to domain controller. No other GPO, or set up done.

FS1 set up with the 2016 iso, added to the DC1 domain. Added to 1 TB hard drive.

Now here is where the strange issue happens. On the FS 1tb Data volume I create a new folder Test1, no issues. Now on the root of the 1tb volume I remove the creator owner permission. And right click new folder. It will now make New Folder, New Folder (1), New Folder (2), New Folder (3), New Folder (4). Also if you try to delete the folder you get "you'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder." Any one ever see this?

Local Admin Group - Has Domain Admins added

FS1 - D: 1Tb Permissions (default from the system)

Everyone - Special

Creator

System - Full Control

Administrators - Full Control

Users - Read and Execute

After removing Creator Owner the Effective access on any of the New Folder (1), (2), (3) is that my admin account has full control of it ...

Now for a side note. I have set this up at work but our DC is a 2012 r2 and the FS is the 2016 and I am able to remove the creator owner permission with out issue ......

Another side note is that I have also done this with my Microsoft Imagine 2016 Data center ISO and get the same results .....

Please, tell me, I am not insane and that this should work!?!?! Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

Also if any one has spare time you can download the 2016 iso, set up a new DC and FS with it and try this out and see if you get the same results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any updates guys????

Back