Xbox 360 [X360] Metal Gear Solid on Xbox 360?

Status
Fechado a novas mensagens.

Eco

Portugal@Home Member
Metal Gear Solid is coming to the Xbox 360. This is not a rumor. This is straight from a Konami distribution representative’s mouth. The game is already in production and has been since early 2007. Complete details after the jump: No, the rep will not be named, but this is pretty concrete. Speaking to a Konami rep at an undisclosed distribution meeting, I was told, after a lot of nagging, that yes indeed MGS was in development for the 360. The rep stated that Metal Gear Solid will be released for the Xbox 360 between 12 to 14 months after the PS3 version hits shelves. This is not a rumor.
I contacted a Microsoft PR team member (team member's name removed by request) via email shortly after I spoke to the Konami rep to see if I could get anything from Microsoft’s public relations team. Below is the response I received. Needless to say it’s the most I’ve ever gotten out of MS PR team member.
Thanks for the heads up, [name removed]. For anything that resembles any shift in strategy, or product announcement, or even news of something happening with a third party, we’re always going to stick with “we haven’t announced anything about <fill in the blank.>” Every day we see rumors, most false, but some true, and we can’t confirm/deny everything out there for any number of reasons.
Publishing rumors doesn’t rub us the wrong way. If it weren’t for sites publishing rumors, there wouldn’t be much for most sites to talk about J. There really only are a few things that will rub us the wrong way: publishing content given under NDA, getting/publishing confidential information from people who are under NDA, invading/hacking systems where confidential information is housed without permission to gather information, making false/racial/sexual/inappropriate personal attacks, deliberately publishing false/misleading information, you get the idea.
As for retailers/employees/partners intentionally leaking information, we pay rather close attention to how/when those occur. If it happens that one site happens to get regular access to confidential information, I end up getting bombarded with questions from around the company about the relationship we have with the site, with what kind of access we’re giving the site, etc. Not pleasant for my team, especially because we’re doing everything we can to help community, not limit their access in any way.
I appreciate the note. I certainly will share everything I can, and I’ll often rattle enough cages to get to an acceptable answer. In this case, there’s really nothing we can say other than the obligatory “no comment.”
You can call this a rumor, as the news may be hard to swallow for many who have read the constant denials from Konami, but this is straight from a Konami distribution rep’s mouth. And I have never gotten a response like this from Microsoft before. To write that much, I can’t help but think (PR member's name removed by request) had no idea what to say. The fact that he brings up "leaking information" has us a little worried, but again, we're not naming any names.

Again, Metal Gear Solid will be on the Xbox 360 12 to 14 months after the PS3 version hits shelves. That means we already know one of the biggest titles for 2009. It doesn’t mean too much considering the game will be a year old, but it does finally put to rest the rumors and speculation.

Fonte : XboxFamily

A ser verdade a mim não me faz grande diferença porque nunca liguei muito à dita "saga", mas poderá ser uma mais-valia no mundo da xbox 360...

Veremos!

EDIT: "Tuesday, 01 January 2008" essa noticia é deveras recente! ^^

Loul.

A ser verdade Já nem compro o MGS e vou esperar que saia na X360. Anunciem o FFXIII e o Versus XIII para a X360 que eu vendo já a minha PS3.

É um ano depois, mas quem conseguir aguentar pode desistir de comprar uma PS3. E é mais que óbvio que o anuncio só foi feito agora, caso contrário as vendas da PS3 desceriam e muito.

Acreditar que o MGS venha para a Xbox 360
E a mesma coisa que dizer que o Halo vai para a PS3

Por acaso não é, porque o Halo é 1st party, enquanto que o MGS é 3rd Party. De qualquer forma, para além da notícia estar bastante desactualizada, não passa de mais do que um rumor como tantos outros que têm sido lançados desde que o MGS 4 foi anunciado.

Por mim é-me indiferente, não é uma prioridade e logo o jogarei quando achar que vale a pena comprar uma PS3.

Este tipo de coisas de lançar um jogo para uma plataforma e passado um ano lançar o mesmo jogo para outra plataforma parece-me a mim um grande erro.
Afinal estamos a falar de um jogo que a sair será "aquele jogo que já tem um ano, que já foi jogado por toda a gente que realmente o queria jogar e que já não inova nada em relação aos jogos novos, mesmo novos, que estão a sair."
O lançamento do Bioshock para a PS3 está previsto para Outubro e vamos a ver se me vai dar razão.

Pensei que se tratasse de outro remake do Metal Gear Solid :(

Era excelente começarem assim na Xbox 360, mas já vi que não. É apenas mais um rumor pouco credível :rolleyes:

Status
Fechado a novas mensagens.
Back