Xbox "Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive to cost..." - NEW UPDATE: Agora $199(talvez199€)

Onde é que viste isso, acho isso estranho pois tanto o volante como headphones wireless sairam ao mesmo tempo que no uk, e o hd-dvd está previsto para ainda este ano no uk, devia sair cá ao mesmo tempo...

Foi a ms que disse que so alguns países da Europa e que ia receber o HD-DVD, antes do final do ano .

Make backups of your HD DVDs

The problem sometimes with new technology is its availability and usability. Take for example the case of HD DVD. The technology, no matter what people say, is still in its infant stage. Admit it, no one at this point could say if the format will succeed or succumb over its direct competition, Blu-Ray.

Over at Jake Ludington's online site, the guy's banking on the HD DVD format lording over the Sony's baby. But before that becomes a reality, he very well knows that there are still a couple of necessary things missing. He wrote, "if I want to watch my HD content somewhere other than my Xbox, or if I want to backup my $30 investment, at this point, I have to create my own solution."So what's the solution he came up with? He reckoned that people need to make copies of their Hd DVDs It's a good thing the guy isn't selfish or whatever. According to him, here are the things needed to create backup copies:

* An Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive
* Tons of fast-write drive space
* HD capture card with component inputs
* Video Capture Software
* Proper cabling
* Video conversion software to output a compressed HD video file

To a trained eye, a breakdown of these components and the picture above needs no further explanation. That person would know instantly what needs to be done. But to those who are still perplexed, click on the Read link below for a detailed explanation. And we hope this won't be use for piracy in the future.

Xbox Live Marketplace Videos vs. HD-DVD
>> From xyhd.tv:
Lets start with the Basics. HD-DVD has the potential to be 36.55 Megabits per second, but tends to average about half of that. Marketplace videos or at least the one I checked out 'V for Vendetta' is 6.5 Megabits VBR. Account for 720p vs 1080p and you are looking at about 2.25 more pixels so pixels per bit the two are pretty close.

Conclusion
HD-DVD is spectacular I was unable to find a single artifact in the copy of 'V for Vendetta' the same was true for Tokyo Drift which is rather hard content to encode. Marketplace videos on most TV's in most home theatres, also spectacular. You being the Video enthusiast and cocky SOB that you probably think you have a home theatre that the quality difference will matter, well you are probably wrong.

Unless you have:
* A 1080p Display, that really runs at 1920x1080 as its native resolution.
* Have paid someone to calibrate the TV to reference, not the Dynamic, or Vibrant mode that many TV's are set to.
* Have disabled noise reduction on your TV.
* Are Viewing in a theatre lit room.

Última edição:
Back