Xbox Xbox 360 Predictions for E3 2008

.DX.

Power Member
This years E3 expo is July 15th and Microsoft is going to be having a big press briefing right before that and unveil all the cool things that they are working on for this fall. Here are my predictions of what they are going to show:

"Newton” Motion Sensitive Flying Mouse Controller Unveiled
Chance at E3 : 95%
If they are going to start selling it this year they need to show it off and build a buzz soon enough. Likely games to use it: Banjo 3, Gears of War 2 and “Ninja Blade”

“Lips” Microphone Communicator Accessory Unveiled
I would not be surprised to see a handheld wireless microphone that could be used with Rockband, Guitar Hero On Tour and other singing games. I could see them making karaoke games for XBLA.

$30 Price Cut for Xbox 360 hardware
They have a newer cheaper motherboard hitting the market in September and Shane Kim said that Nintendo might not always have a price advantage over the Xbox 360. That means that we might see a price cut in the US that is at least 30 buck off the 30 line to push the Xbox 360 Arcade SKU to the Wii’s price point.

60-Gig Hard Drive Replaces 20-Gig Hard Drive in Standard 360 pack
Chance at E3 : 100%
Also they are probably going to drop the price of the 120-Gig Hard Drive. They have been working on a 60-Gig HD for a while now and it even was accidentally showed off in Tokyo a long time ago.

Merger with Epic Games
Chance at E3 : 50%
Microsoft has stated that if it makes sense and if it will help the business that they are open to all sorts of mergers. Microsoft and Epic have been best buds since Gears of War and since Bungie went independent it might be in their best interest to cut Cliffy B and friends a really big check and invite them to work over to Redmond. I could see Microsoft really selling the heck out of the Unreal Engine.

Brief mention of new motherboards
Chance at E3 : 05%
Usually they are tight lipped about motherboard revisions but there are some big things going on with Jasper, Opus and Valhalla.

Blu-Ray Drive Internal on an Xbox 360
Chance at E3 : 01%
I really don’t see them making the 360 system more expensive by sticking a Blu-Ray drive in it. It is counter initiative as to how the Xbox business plan has been working.

External Blu-Ray movie Player for Xbox 360
Chance at E3 : 50%
This is much more likely since there is word of that order by Microsoft for Blu-ray drives for the end of 2008 in Taiwan. The external Xbox 360 accessory business has been very profitable for Microsoft. An external drive would let existing 360 customers buy the drive and not be tempted to buy a PS3 to get a Blu-Ray player.

New Dashboard Software Features for Fall Update Announced like IPTV
Chance at E3 : 20%
I know they have been working on IPTV for almost forever and they might actually show it off at E3. Either they are going to show it off or it has been killed quietly and they want us all to forget they ever mentioned it.

Halo Wars shown off and release date announced
Chance at E3 : 100%

Peter Jackson and Frankie’s Halo : Chronicles shown off somewhat
Chance at E3 : 75%

Xbox Live Gold Membership Price Cut
Chance at E3 : 75%
They are probably not likely to make it free but I could see them really pushing the heck out of their Xbox Live Gold service by making it cheaper. Especially if Sony ever ships Playstation 3 “Home”.

Allen Wake shown
Chance at E3 : 30%
I sort of doubt that this game will ever hit the shelves

Full Downloaded Retail Games sold over Xbox Live
Chance at E3 : 30%
It could happen, especially if they drop the price of the hard drives.

Rouge Announcements Guesses:

Robbie Bach and Shane Kim get arm tattoos!

Blinx the Time Sweeper 3
I love Blinx and wish that they would make another Blinx game for the 360. Doubt it. Sigh!

Project Gotham Racing 5 to be made by the same team as Forza

Blue Dragon 2 and Lost Odyssey 2
These games sold A LOT of copies in Japan. Well for Xbox 360 games in Japan

Major Nelson promoted to Commander Nelson!

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_xbox_360_predictions_for_e3_2008.php

$30 Price Cut for Xbox 360 hardware
They have a newer cheaper motherboard hitting the market in September and Shane Kim said that Nintendo might not always have a price advantage over the Xbox 360. That means that we might see a price cut in the US that is at least 30 buck off the 30 line to push the Xbox 360 Arcade SKU to the Wii’s price point.

Mas já n está mais baixo??

Isto é notícias do ano passado, não??

E3 2008: Microsoft Confirms E3 Lineup

Microsoft has confirmed its list of games appearing at this year's E3. While the list is subject to change, here's what you can expect to see coming out of the company's booth:

- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (X360)
- Fable 2 (X360)
- Gears of War 2 (X360)
- Halo Wars (X360)
- Too Human (X360)
- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (X360)

This year's E3 will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center on July 15-17

Onde para Alan Wake!!?? :'(

n sei mas n me interessa desde que saia a 20 de junho ja me fico contente por isso showdowns , so se fosse mais para um jogo que ira sair daqui a muito tempo ...

Se isto ou a maior parte se confirmasse uiii , era lindo!

Age of Conan para a X360 só para o próximo ano...os gajos não estão com pressa nenhuma para tratar disso, ainda andam de volta de patches e bugs com o AoC(PC), enquanto isso não estiver alinhavado duvido que peguem sequer na versão X360.

Nem falam disso nos fórums oficiais deles...

A E3 do ano passado foi "fraquinha" para os lados da Microsoft. Houve poucas novidades... limitaram-se a mostrar o line-up desse mesmo ano. Compreendi a posição deles e concordei, no entanto fiquei também com um certo sentimento de desilusão. Este ano têm tudo o que é preciso para mostrarem algo de novo, que possa fazer a diferença (não estou a falar do comando ao estilo Wii, se é que isso é mesmo verdade...). Por exemplo, gostava imenso de ver algo novo relacionado com o Cry On :D

Back