1. Este site usa cookies. Ao continuar a usar este site está a concordar com o nosso uso de cookies. Saber Mais.
  2. Está disponível o Comparador ZWAME em versão beta.
    Mais informações.
    Remover anúncio

XP SP2 x ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe motherboards

Discussão em 'Dúvidas e Suporte Técnico PC' iniciada por _jr, 13 de Agosto de 2004. (Respostas: 0; Visualizações: 586)

1. _jr

_jr Power Member

We encountered a minor problem with ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe motherboards with BIOS revisions older than v1002. Applying the service pack results in a hang during startup. Rebuilding the PC from scratch with slipstreamed XP SP2 media also results in a hang during the GUI mode setup startup. It's not know which module causes the hang, but it happens during the first graphical XP splash screen (the one with the sliding bar.)

Upgrading the firmware to v1002 (available from the ASUS web site) solves the problem. The BIOS readme makes no mention of SP2, but doesn't appear to include full revision history.

I have also seen mention on ISC's list (http://isc.sans.org/xpsp2.php) of SP2 problems with at least two other computers running different ASUS/Intel motherboards (the P4C800). Since I have not been able to contact the people who reported the problem, I do not yet know whether a BIOS update solves the problem for that motherboard.

Jan Hanekom

Fikem bem....

Partilhar esta Página