1. Este site usa cookies. Ao continuar a usar este site está a concordar com o nosso uso de cookies. Saber Mais.

Yorkfield OC-ed to 4140MHz on air and stable

Discussão em 'Novidades Hardware PC' iniciada por Zarolho, 27 de Setembro de 2007. (Respostas: 12; Visualizações: 1567)

1. Zarolho

Zarolho Power Member

ntel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 is in the lab and the first preliminary tests are quite promising. The processor arrived earlier today, along with 130 liters of liquid nitrogen, but the first tests are solely with air cooling. The processor had no problem jumping up to 4.1 GHz at an instant and when Kinc reached 460 MHz FSB and 4140 MHz stable clock frequency we decided to run the CPU benchmark of 3DMark 06. This resulted in an exact score of 7000 points, with nothing but air cooling. This is just the first out of many benchmarks we will be posting and the coming days, especially this weekend when crotale will come into the test lab again, will definitely be worth sticking around for.

[​IMG]

In addition, the same scores of the same chip OC-ed above 5GHz:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160308

The new 3DMark 06 record was set at 5.2 (13x400) GHz while the 3DMark 05 was set with the processor running at 5.440 (13x418) GHz! The motherboard that made these overclocks possible was the ASUS Maximus Formula, paired with Mushkin's fastest Redline DDR2 running at 4-4-4-5 timings with a 4:5 divider. The graphics cards were of course his two trusty ASUS Radeon HD 2900 XTs.
    However these two records was set after the SuperPi 1M record. Kinc decided to use this benchmark a bit as a stability test and after seeing how well Penryn performed in SuperPi at IDF, it seems quite feasible that he could break that record as well, and so he did. The processor was pushed up to 5.6 GHz and then he managed to reach a result of 8.110 seconds. There will be 7 seconds with Penryn,
    We can also tell you that there is currently a hunt for the first 6 GHz screenshot
    . We'll just have to wait and see who gets there first.

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,6864.html

Última edição: 27 de Setembro de 2007
  2. CLPDJ

CLPDJ Power Member

8.11 super pi ? jazus..

3. Romani48

Romani48 Power Member

omg! e ainda está "verde".. imaginem quando surgirem novas revisões :wow:

4. Xmeagol

Xmeagol Power Member

nesta altura ja nao poderia haver um single core cpu com mais de 10 GHz?

5. nemesis26

nemesis26 Power Member

Não me acredito muito pois cada vez o mercado está mais lançado para multi-core.

6. lohka_86

lohka_86 Banido

Para já não, mas se a Intel fizer um NetBurst a 32nm, vá lá, talvez ainda vejamos 10ghz :-D

7. ||Red_Evil||

||Red_Evil|| [email protected] Member

multi-core é o futuro.......não single core com velocidades superiores.

8. DMH

DMH 1st Folding then Sex

Desactivam 3 cores;)

9. Romani48

Romani48 Power Member

lol..

pah quase que aposto que um c2Q a 3Ghz (este caso) consegue ser melhor que um single core a 8/9Ghz
    porque um 1.8 num dual "afogava" um single a 3Ghz :D

depois se as aplicações tiverem optimizadas ainda melhor :D

10. Zarolho

Zarolho Power Member

A DFI P35 Lanparty possibilita desactivar todos cores á excepção de 1, "transformando" um Quad ou Dual em single-core... :007:

11. mais_um

mais_um Power Member

Náo é só a DFI a EVGA 680i pelo menos faz o mesmo...

12. JPgod

JPgod Moderador
    Staff Member

Dava jeito isso também nas ASUS :(

13. Zarolho

Zarolho Power Member

«...Good show on the 3D and huge clocks.

I will be showing an even bigger chip in Taiwan. [​IMG]

What temp have you found the cold bug at?...»

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2456727&postcount=43

«...I can confirm that these chips are superior in many ways and the overclocks will get even better from B1 to C stepping.

We saw decent gains with G0 stepping

I pushed over 5.1Ghz for 1m super pi on a vapo [​IMG] and yet I never had a single G0 to break 5Ghz on the vapo...»

Fugger... http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2457080&postcount=61

Última edição: 27 de Setembro de 2007

Partilhar esta Página