DS The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Segundo parece a versão europeia vai sair antes da americana, estando prevista para Agosto.... tanto tempo, vou mas é jogar Wind Waker mais uma vez.

Fonte

exacto, como n sei japones, nem percebo como se passa a 1a parte do jogo xDDD acho k tenho de escrever numa tabua com o stylus... mas n faço a minima ideia! LOL

O jogo... está lindo :')

Website remodelado:

-> http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/azej/index.html

Mais um video do Opening... desta vez com som:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6jHyp9get4

Boxart/manuais/cartucho:

dsc02990.jpg

dsc02993.jpg

Fonte: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/06/zelda-phantom-h.html

*minor wind waker spoilers ahead*

Zeldaintro1.jpg

Zeldaintro2.jpg

Fonte: http://kotaku.com/gaming/adowable/phantom-hourglass-intro-will-melt-your-heart-271251.php

Preview:

First Impressions: Zelda Phantom Hourglass Awesome

The first hour or so of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for Nintendo DS has me quite excited about the next thirty. So far, everything works perfectly. Walking around and slashing enemies with the stylus is quite polished, and so is picking up and throwing objects.

It's been a surprisingly cinematic experience so far -- lots of gorgeous cut-scenes and exposition, minimal action. I'll get a little deeper with spoiler-filled impressions after the jump.

The title screen is really pretty -- we see two birds swooping in on both of the DS' screens, and Link riding the bow of his new ship, sailing off into adventure, as the logo fades in. Zelda is quite an impressive game, audiovisually: the use of classic Zelda tunes woven into the soundscape is quite subtle and well-done, and the graphics... well, screenshots don't do them justice. They're quite pretty -- not as good as the GameCube, but shattering the myth that the DS is an N64 in disguise.

As you begin a game (on one of two save slots), it automatically fills in your DS nickname for your character name, although you can change it. (I didn't, and now Link is named Kobun.) You can change your Wi-Fi settings on the game select screen, too, although Wi-Fi gameplay is linked to your specific save slot -- you pick your saved game, and then you can choose either "Adventure" or "Wi-Fi Match" from the next menu. I jumped into single player.

As you begin a game, it first asks which hand you hold the stylus with. Then you jump right in. The opening scene, shown above, is like a traditional "kamishibai" paper play -- we see still frames that summarize the Wind Waker story while text is shown on top and dramatic, but lighthearted, music plays. This puts any doubt to rest -- Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to Wind Waker, taking place immediately after the events of that game.

When the kamishibai ends (as it turns out, it really was a kamishibai, performed for Link by one of the pirates on the ship), everyone on the ship including Link and Tetra, are discussing rumors of a ghost ship seen in the vicinity. Not a few minutes later, the ghost ship shows up, and Tetra decides to check it out to see if there's any treasure on it. Unfortunately, she's kidnapped by the ghost ship, Link falls overboard, and the screen goes black...

"Hey! Hey! Hey!"

Oh Lord. It's Navi. Actually, it's "Shayla" (or however it ends up spelled in the US version), a fairy who finds Link washed up on a beach. He tells her his story, and she suggests they go visit the old man she lives with. At this point, you can walk around the beach. You just put the stylus on the screen in the direction you want Link to go, and hold it there. If you move the stylus further away from the middle of the screen, Link will run.

At this point, you can also pick up boulders, barrels, pots, and this one chicken that's hanging around by tapping them, then throw them anywhere by tapping where you want them to go. If you hold the stylus on the screen instead of tapping, you can walk around with them. There are people on the island who explain all these things to you, but it is all pretty intuitive if you've played a Zelda before -- you know what Link can do, and it's immediately obvious how to get him to do it.

(...) *spoilers retirados* (...)

Lock-on: Tap an enemy with the stylus, and Link will run to them and attack directly.
Slide: When there are too many enemies to lock on to just one, or when you want to sword attack a pot or grass instead of picking it up, you just slide the stylus forward or scratch it around Link.
Spin attack: Draw a circle around Link and he'll swing the sword around. Of course, you can only do it four times in a row before he gets dizzy, so leave some time in between your slashes.

So check this out: by pressing Down on the D-pad, you can bring your map (which usually sits on the top screen) down to the touch screen, and write memos on it. Some characters will show you on the map where something cool is, and you can just pull it down right then, while the character is still pointing to it, and make a permanent note for yourself so you get it right. You can erase stuff at any time. It's very cool -- yes, other games could do it just by automatically adding an icon to the map, but letting the player do adds a very interesting interactive, personal quality to the whole thing.

So far, there seems to be absolutely zero learning curve. Playing with the stylus feels totally natural. Then again, so did playing with buttons. It would seem thus far that Eiji Aonuma and crew have succeeded at making a Zelda that feels like Zelda but uses the stylus exclusively. That's a really interesting experiment, but will it translate into a more accessible Zelda game that more people will play? Will it bring lapsed Zelda fans back into the fold? That's the real question, and it's one I can't answer right now.

I'll be posting more impressions as time goes on.
Fonte: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/06/first-impressio.html

Second Impressions: Zelda Phantom Hourglass Continues To Be Awesome

THOUGHTS AFTER A FEW HOURS:

- The ratio of cut scenes to gameplay is really high for a Zelda game. They're funny and very visually interesting; they keep the camera angle changing, so you're not just staring at the same top-down viewpoint as you click through the text. I think they're doing this to ease new players into the Zelda world, keep them interested with lots of new locations, people, and plot twists in the first couple hours, to really suck them in and not punish them with tough gameplay right off the bat. Still, I hope it evens out a little bit.

- The fire dungeon, the only "true" Zelda dungeon thus far, was pretty linear. At no time did I have to wonder where I was supposed to go, because the dungeon was on a pretty clear A->B path. This isn't to say there aren't puzzles that won't stump people in that first dungeon, just that it didn't feel especially exploratory. Still, though, see above about bringing in new players and keeping them around.

- Phantom Hourglass is like Mario 64. This is classic Nintendo: they are showing other developers how it is done. Mario 64 wasn't the first 3D platformer, but it was the first one that Just Worked and became the template for others to follow. Phantom Hourglass isn't the first stylus-driven action adventure, but it is the game that will be copied endlessly from here on out. It is like a textbook of how to use a touch screen for a third-person action game.
Fonte: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/06/second-impressi.html

Boas impressões, o jogo continua a convencer-me cada vez mais a comprá-lo.

"As you begin a game (on one of two save slots)..."

What? Due to limited SD-Card Space, i guess? Não vou chorar por causa disso mas...prontos é menos um save que tenho para gravar na cut-scene mais interessante do jogo. Felizmente não tenho ninguem cá em casa interessado no jogo, porque pelo que li podemos ter duas contas wifi, que estão relacionadas com cada um dos dois saves.

"Oh Lord. It's Navi. Actually, it's "Shayla" (or however it ends up spelled in the US version)..."

Nice name xD...de facto, os nomes da Fadas nunca me desiludiram, e este Zelda não fugio à regra xD.

ATENÇÃO, GRANDE SPOILER APROXIMA-SE![size]

Os primeiros 30 minutos do jogo estão disponíveis para serem vistos "aqui" Os dois videos encontram "aqui".

Fonte

EDIT:::

Eu não encontro wallpapers de jeito do jogo, mas encontrei dois oficiais... isto para quem tiver interessado :):

1024x768
1280x1024

Última edição:
A framerate do jogo será assim? 8|
Não... isso é uma versão (mal) emulada e sem som, com glitches gráficos e ausência de certos efeitos.

Pelo que vi do jogo a correr na DS... Corre tudo muito fluido, nunca parece um show de slides.

Vê este antes este, por exemplo:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6jHyp9get4

EDIT: Jeremy Parish da EGM/1Up:

I'll write up a full preview in a few days, but I just had to express my amazement. The DS has already developed such a great library, and that this raises the bar even further, etc. etc. Nintendo, you magnificent bastards.
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8215740&publicUserId=5379721

Última edição:
Back